why doesn't dot hack get any attention

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

mister

Re: why doesn't dot hack get any attention

Post by mister »

Kaori wrote:May I just say you are very thickheaded? I don't care about playing a .hack mmo, and neither do everybody else here if its just another poorly made fan-game made by somebody who has no show for it other than demo videos, you're also forgetting the plot, and thats the problem, the plot of the game wasn't pushed by the world itself but by the characters, take away the people and replace it with yourself and others and its just another generic online game, the world has enough of that, and god forbid if you start asking us for donations, and we already have other MMO's that are good alternatives like PSO2.
But did you not check it out? What do you think of the content posted? Idk if you liked the game but playing beyond the parameters of the game is quite technologically stimulating for some one like me who geeked out on the game and " it for endless hours to get the full experience of the game.

After beating the storyline , and aquireing max on all the ryu books , the game starts to feel like a simulation of an mmo and the replay value of it greatly increases threw the use of mods. A player could explore different avenues of play.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zaseo

Post by zaseo »

A .hack MMO exist. Check out New World on smart phone. .hack isn't ignore. Most stuff just doesn't make it to the west but this happens with a lot of other series. Right now .hack is focus on the mobile field. Of course new games shall come later. Now if those games come to the west is a whole another story but fans can get around region and language barriers.

FF14 would be a MMO simulator to .hack. So would PSO2(would be more like .hack GU). The PS2 games are simulated MMOs. The thing is in an actual MMO a lot of things would have to be different.

For example in an actual MMO there could not be a class like a Wavemaster. As far as gameplay mechanics go they would be god tier by any MMOs standards. Also how would the keywords/area system work? In the PS2 games there are literally millions of possible fields/areas a player can go to that isn't story related. To separate a .hack MMO from being a generic RPG it would also take a lot of planning and innovation.
mister

Post by mister »

I agree with you zaseo. A lot of things would have to be different. Before the actual game is made though, I predict an American made modded version of the game will surface. Not an online way to play just yet, but atleast a character select / creation will be created. The first step being fixing all the glitches with a modded gameplay. Speaking as of right now, Wizards in the game are gemped. But some would consider them op because when using them you can use the magical items in your first inventory to cast faster and infinite spells. The downside being no skill trigger , meaning no rengekis. You can read more about how a modded game plays on my other topic here.
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=19833
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

mister wrote:I agree with you zaseo. A lot of things would have to be different. Before the actual game is made though, I predict an American made modded version of the game will surface. Not an online way to play just yet, but atleast a character select / creation will be created. The first step being fixing all the glitches with a modded gameplay. Speaking as of right now, Wizards in the game are gemped. But some would consider them op because when using them you can use the magical items in your first inventory to cast faster and infinite spells. The downside being no skill trigger , meaning no rengekis. You can read more about how a modded game plays on my other topic here.
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=19833
Yeah people have been modding the games for quite awhile. As far as fanmade games actually being good and super popular that would require a lot of money to go into. Plus there would be other issues.

As for the official games being modded, well the only reason why .hack Fragment really works because it was design to be played with a few friends. Any other games being modded for multiplayer isn't likely and too many things would have to be changed.

The best thing you can really just do is play .hack New World Vol 1 and any future games Namco releases or play similar games. PSO2 for example basically has all the classes in .hack GU plus similar gameplay.
mister

Post by mister »

I keep hearing about this pso2. What is it?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote:I keep hearing about this pso2. What is it?
Phantasy Star Online 2, google is your friend.
mister

Post by mister »

Kaori wrote:
mister wrote:I keep hearing about this pso2. What is it?
Phantasy Star Online 2, google is your friend.
I actually have that game but have never played it.
Wait no I have the first one, what are their differences?
Oh right Google ...
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
mister wrote:Heated yet informative. Is there any news on log horizon ?btw I added an edit on my first post. You might wanna check it out. Also if your going to dish out the heat, unprovoked might I add, I might as well tell you I'm a pretty cool guy generally and will do my best to diffuse your attitude with calmness and tranquility. I don't feel like getting reported again over you coming and trying to call me out of my character . Any moderator that sees my response to your flaming as flaming is clearly biased . I mean I'm the victim here obviously . I won't report you because I see no merit in making enemies with you. With all your helpful info I'd actually really like it if we could be friends. Back to what I said originally, I think dot hack as a series is due for a current gen comeback . Waiting so long for something like what I was saying to come out I know it's a bit discouraging , but let me ask you this , originally did you expect an mmo to this series and if so what changed your mind?
Okay then, I'm sorry for my usual outburst, but everybody still here is pretty much apathetic to a .hack MMO, Sure there's fragment, but for every single knuckle-headed idiot out there, it was NEVER an MMO, I never expected a .hack MMO nor do I want to play it, I dislike MMO's in general, I play games for their stories, not so I can keep on raiding and farming.
Wait so are you a fan of the anime?? What makes it different from other animes is the mmo qualities . The idea of an mmo is not an entertaining one?? I can't imagine not wanting the mmo if your a fan of the series. We should get into the aspects of mmos vs one player RPGs . That's a stimulating convo, I can already tell.
Just because I watched the anime doesn't mean I liked it, I saw them, but thats it, it was more boring than a conversation on the death star, and that's coming from somebody who plays Visual Novels for fun, and no I don't think MMO's are entertaining in the least bit, they force you to either socialize or shell out real money for high grade weapons and support items, or god forbid a subscription, online gaming ought to be like The Division, and that game is great, both story wise and gameplay wise.
Ok so I'm starting to see your point in storyline based gameplay vs raid based. But dude, the best thing about mmos is getting seeded entry from like level one. Like having that uber gold inside plug on any item either threw advertisement and donation or like having a best friend to give you things , like either way in a dot hack mmo your rank here would not go to waist surely it has plug to be high rank. Like say the mmo launched on this link exclusive to the members here first . You could do the storyline before everyone else and achieve that ever so lasting gold status amongst your lesser peers and respect from those on your level. But I believe the dot hack mmo would be heavily storyline based . Why? For exactly the reason you mentioned to , avoid the heavy farm grind.
Helbaworshipper wrote:
mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
mister wrote:Heated yet informative. Is there any news on log horizon ?btw I added an edit on my first post. You might wanna check it out. Also if your going to dish out the heat, unprovoked might I add, I might as well tell you I'm a pretty cool guy generally and will do my best to diffuse your attitude with calmness and tranquility. I don't feel like getting reported again over you coming and trying to call me out of my character . Any moderator that sees my response to your flaming as flaming is clearly biased . I mean I'm the victim here obviously . I won't report you because I see no merit in making enemies with you. With all your helpful info I'd actually really like it if we could be friends. Back to what I said originally, I think dot hack as a series is due for a current gen comeback . Waiting so long for something like what I was saying to come out I know it's a bit discouraging , but let me ask you this , originally did you expect an mmo to this series and if so what changed your mind?
Okay then, I'm sorry for my usual outburst, but everybody still here is pretty much apathetic to a .hack MMO, Sure there's fragment, but for every single knuckle-headed idiot out there, it was NEVER an MMO, I never expected a .hack MMO nor do I want to play it, I dislike MMO's in general, I play games for their stories, not so I can keep on raiding and farming.
Wait so are you a fan of the anime?? What makes it different from other animes is the mmo qualities . The idea of an mmo is not an entertaining one?? I can't imagine not wanting the mmo if your a fan of the series. We should get into the aspects of mmos vs one player RPGs . That's a stimulating convo, I can already tell.
Well, considering the technology, GU will probably be hard to see as an actual MMO. The functions and speed are just too much to expect out of an MMO. As for the first game, Fragment did try to simulate it, but it was mostly taking IMOQ and offering an online function.
I want to know what you see changing from gu to the speculative mmo , besides the skill trigger being changed to not freeze time. Don't developers look for ideas in places like this?

Some do. Some don't. The point is that .hack//GU is very hardware heavy. It played like a hack and slash rpg, unlike the IMOQ series, which is possible to do in an MMO fashion more.

Developers do what they want for research. However, I don't see too many here on the forums that have openly stated they are developers.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The only "developers" who come by here are those no-name losers who want you to shell out money on their obviously trashy or fake kickstarter "game".