Post your fangames here!

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post your fangames here!

Post by Kaori »

With the Advent of new technologies, making videogames has become a cakewalk for most of us, So to those of you who have their own programs to make games with sally forth! For there are others out there who appreciate you and your games!
For me, I'm making VN's for now, here's a sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w4ld20ndhpbj ... I4-Da?dl=0
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Post your fangames here!

Post by Kaori »

Kaori wrote:With the Advent of new technologies, making videogames has become a cakewalk for most of us, So to those of you who have their own programs to make games with sally forth! For there are others out there who appreciate you and your games!
For me, I'm making VN's for now, here's a sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w4ld20ndhpbj ... I4-Da?dl=0
Note to Mac Users: Run bootcamp for it, its in Windows Format.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote:Kaori it's always been a dream of mine to get started making my own video games. How I'm getting my start is by getting information from gamers like you. What would you tell someone trying to get their start? And where do I learn this stuff from officially?
Okay, lets start from your first to last questions:
What would I tell you? Here's what I'll tell you, you can't rely on anybody but yourself to work on the plot details, leave the programming to others if you don't have the skills, do something you like to do with the plot, but the most important thing is NEVER EVER SELL YOUR GAME IF IT IS BASED ON EXISTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, I make mine for free as both a hobby and because I use resources from other games, and where to learn? I learned from my friends on Steam but its mostly self-taught, google is your friend, don't go applying for special classes to make videogames, the internet is all you need, in the large pile of dung that is the internet, there's usually a grain of gold in it, but if you want technical advice then I'm not the one you should be talking to, I do planning and plots, not programming, most of the time anyway, some tools of the trade you can get would be some free unreal engines by signing up in the unreal client, then there are more complex programs tou can buy on Steam such as RPG Maker and Garry's mod, the Steam community also posts mods up for grabs on the community forums of certain games.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Yeah, for the aspiring VN makers out there, I bring you some sprites of Kite and Blackrose, along with Alisa: