RPGing on a 3DS

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

RPGing on a 3DS

Post by AZURE-KITE »

So, i got a 3DS and i decided to post this here just so i can increase my post count by 0.3

As you all may know i'm all for RPG style, so i wanted to know which RPGs you reccomended me for this console~

Please note that as i am on a poor country i may only be able to buy a game every 2-3 months xD

So, my gf decided to give me some kind of birthday gift by sending me a few eShop Gift Cards so i could buy Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on digital~ Ain't she cute? I know, she's a keeper <3

Anyways, here i leave a small reference list of the games i've played so far and enjoyed(Non-3DS Related) that fall between the RPG category of some sorts

Kingdom Hearts
Disgaea
Tales of series
God's Eater
Monster Hunter
FFVII DoC
Diablo III
Persona, Devil Summoner... etc, every SMT Game and some others published by Atlus

Well, that's the reference~

I also enjoy suspense/terror games such as Silent Hill(Not all... Just the 2 and 3), Obscure, Outlast and Rule of Roses~

If this topic fulfills it's purpose very soon i ask that it may be turned into a 3Ds Gaming topic, but until then~..
Falions

Re: RPGing on a 3DS

Post by Falions »

Have you played SMTIV yet? The characters are a bit boring, but the game is fun and immersive. I had a blast all the way through, mainly because it doesn't feel as lonely as Nocturne.

Aside from that...
I highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles if you have got the New 3DS (I bought one just for XC!), it's one of the best JRPG experiences I've had.
Aside from that it's pretty slim pickings. If you like MH, then definitely get MH4U. I logged 250 hours in 2 weeks.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Well, i'm getting a gift of 40$ in gift cards so i can get MH4U in digital so... But no, i have a regular 3DS and there's no way i'm getting another console... As all, or most of the members know, i live in Venezuela and things here are... Well, pretty hard... Like, a Pedophile in a kids park hard... That hard...

So, if i get a new game every 6 months is a miracle... SMT IV wasn't on my list because i have played enough SMT Games and i wanted a new experience...

I was thinking about getting Project X Zone 2...

But i gotta see what other references i get so i can choose wisely what will be the first game i buy(with my own money, since MH4U is my b-day gift of some sorts given to me by my gf <3)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Falions wrote:Have you played SMTIV yet? The characters are a bit boring, but the game is fun and immersive. I had a blast all the way through, mainly because it doesn't feel as lonely as Nocturne.

Aside from that...
I highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles if you have got the New 3DS (I bought one just for XC!), it's one of the best JRPG experiences I've had.
Aside from that it's pretty slim pickings. If you like MH, then definitely get MH4U. I logged 250 hours in 2 weeks.
Lets not forget that the new 3DS scans Amiibo's as well, Xenoblade Chronicles is the way to go, and no, DON'T buy MH4U on digital, its not worth paying the high price for it, just get it second hand, and $40 won't be enough for it either, just get Pokemon.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:P How about Azure Striker Gunvolt (or Mighty Gunvolt) or Tales of the Abyss if you don't already have it on the 3DS?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Kaori wrote:[DON'T buy MH4U on digital, its not worth paying the high price for it, just get it second hand, and $40 won't be enough for it either, just get Pokemon.
Remember, if i buy it second hand has to be with Venezuela's money since we don't handle dollars and they approve like 300$ a year for those adults who will travel. So buying it second hand iseven more expensive than buying it online. And didn't i say? It will be a gift of some sorts. Also, i don't consider Pokémon to be worth it... I'd rather get 10 bucks more and get Persona Q: Shadow Labyrinth...

Also. I was thinking about Azure Striker Gunbolt and TotA on 3DS... Too bad TotA is not on the digital shop, so i'll have to pray for someone to get it in this country and get bored of playing it, then post it on OLX or something...

I would totally love to try Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance(i downloaded the demo, it looks good)... But that has to be the same case as in Tales of the Abyss...

I wish i could just put a digital can and ask for donations just like a hobo D: "Some need to eat, some need to drink... I need to play D:" That way people would give me like, a dollar every once in a while and soon i'll have at least enough money to get SMT IV(oh yes, Fallions... Screw whatever i said about enough SMT games, i want Persona Q and SMT IV... Thanks for the reference :D)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
Kaori wrote:[DON'T buy MH4U on digital, its not worth paying the high price for it, just get it second hand, and $40 won't be enough for it either, just get Pokemon.
Remember, if i buy it second hand has to be with Venezuela's money since we don't handle dollars and they approve like 300$ a year for those adults who will travel. So buying it second hand iseven more expensive than buying it online. And didn't i say? It will be a gift of some sorts. Also, i don't consider Pokémon to be worth it... I'd rather get 10 bucks more and get Persona Q: Shadow Labyrinth...

Also. I was thinking about Azure Striker Gunbolt and TotA on 3DS... Too bad TotA is not on the digital shop, so i'll have to pray for someone to get it in this country and get bored of playing it, then post it on OLX or something...

I would totally love to try Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance(i downloaded the demo, it looks good)... But that has to be the same case as in Tales of the Abyss...

I wish i could just put a digital can and ask for donations just like a hobo D: "Some need to eat, some need to drink... I need to play D:" That way people would give me like, a dollar every once in a while and soon i'll have at least enough money to get SMT IV(oh yes, Fallions... Screw whatever i said about enough SMT games, i want Persona Q and SMT IV... Thanks for the reference :D)
Persona Q was a HUGE letdown, its NOT worth the money, trust me, I played it, just get one of the real Etrian odyssey games instead, Gunvolt is actually pretty good for the small price, try the game Liberation Maiden as well, and also Crimson Shroud for RPG's as its budget sized, as for the digital can, I may be willing to donate, how much do you need? And is it in US dollars? I can only donate in US dollars,and something you should know: if you ever get money from me, make sure to pay me back in full, I have a VERY low tolerance for deadbeats and the only people I exempt to paying me back are my actual friends.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Persona Q looked exciting, with all the universe merging and chibi looks and all... But i might leave it for when it goes to the On sale section...

Etrian Odyssey... I've had that game in my mind all day long for some reason, might check it out tomorrow when i get on wifi... Or maybe monday :P

As for the Donation Can, i was just kidding i mean... There's no way anyone would just give me money so i can buy games.

And i would gladly trick you into giving me money then don't pay anything at all, i mean it's the internet... But i'll be honest, i got no way of paying you back. I mean i don't get US dollars until... Dunno, i get a Credit card and MAYBE have the possibilities to get some Dollar credit approved? It's like winning the lottery here, i swear D:

So yeah... I'm sorry, but i won't ask you for money... Not because i don't want to or am too proud of myself, but because i have no way to pay you back.

But thanks for the offer, heheh ^^
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

AZURE-KITE wrote:There's no way anyone would just give me money so i can buy games.
You would be surprised at the good samaritans out there, especially on Steam, most of my games were gifts and I also got something extra with those games: new friends who never ask me to pay back a single cent.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Kaori wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote:There's no way anyone would just give me money so i can buy games.
You would be surprised at the good samaritans out there, especially on Steam, most of my games were gifts and I also got something extra with those games: new friends who never ask me to pay back a single cent.
I envy you.

But yeah... Too bad i'm not on Steam... Or any gaming community for that matters
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
I envy you.

But yeah... Too bad i'm not on Steam... Or any gaming community for that matters
You say you play diablo 3 but you aren't part of battle.net? Thats a gaming community in itself, joining steam isn't so hard, plus there are lots of free games you can play, anyway, Persona Q is canon but doesn't affect the stories of P3 or P4 in any way, the game itself is better off treated as non-canon.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Kaori wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote:
I envy you.

You say you play diablo 3 but you aren't part of battle.net? Thats a gaming community in itself, joining steam isn't so hard, plus there are lots of free games you can play, anyway, Persona Q is canon but doesn't affect the stories of P3 or P4 in any way, the game itself is better off treated as non-canon.
I played mostly with my brother or in Local connection... Plus it was his PS3, so i didn't get to play around too much with the internet connection... And since he moved to the other side of the country, i rarely get to see him so... Oh wait i'm getting off-track

And well... Steam is for people who... Got SOMEWHERE they can access the internet with, i don't own a PC and this phone is borrowed... My phone has a brokem screen...

So yeah... I'm trying not to end up in a crisis because i am barely playing a Demo or two every now and then just so my gaming thirst stops... But it can't staph D:

But seriously...

Yeah, i guess i gotta work my ass out at least 2 months to get enough money for a game in here(Considering nobody ever buys new games anymore, they all went to the easy way out and bought an R4 Card) and just some luck to find the game i want or something in one of the buy/sell pages in here :P

You know, like always
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
Kaori wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote:
I envy you.

I played mostly with my brother or in Local connection... Plus it was his PS3, so i didn't get to play around too much with the internet connection... And since he moved to the other side of the country, i rarely get to see him so... Oh wait i'm getting off-track

And well... Steam is for people who... Got SOMEWHERE they can access the internet with, i don't own a PC and this phone is borrowed... My phone has a brokem screen...

So yeah... I'm trying not to end up in a crisis because i am barely playing a Demo or two every now and then just so my gaming thirst stops... But it can't staph D:

But seriously...

Yeah, i guess i gotta work my ass out at least 2 months to get enough money for a game in here(Considering nobody ever buys new games anymore, they all went to the easy way out and bought an R4 Card) and just some luck to find the game i want or something in one of the buy/sell pages in here :P

You know, like always
I don't think R4 cards work on 3DS, some good RPG's to get for now are those below $40 on Eshop, your $40 won't be enough for $40 games, there's always tax not included in the base price, unless you set your location to a tax free region like Alaska.