FF7 Remake! At long last!

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Lindz

FF7 Remake! At long last!

Post by Lindz »

I've played FF7 at least once a year since it first came out an I couldn't be happier!! Please include elements from the compilation! Please be amazing!
Vallen

Re: FF7 Remake! At long last!

Post by Vallen »

I was so glad when this happened. Jesus I went nuts, there might have been back-flips involved
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

It being announced as a remake instead of a port! Its been 18 years, what's another 2 years haha. Gotta decide if I want this on PC or PS4.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You mean PS6 or Xbox -2. They put Nomura in charge. He started FF15 9 years ago, and to distract from the continued absence of a release date for that at E3 they announce this. I'm definitely excited though, I look forward to playing this when it ships in 2039.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Kuukai wrote:I look forward to playing this when it ships in 2039.
If we're lucky :lol:
Otherwise, 2047 (for the 50th anniversary)
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

http://squareportal.net/2015/06/16/mega ... station-4/

"The game is developed in collaboration between Square Enix and Cyberconnect 2 and has been in the works for a while now. Leading the development will be key members from the original project, including producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima."
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Supposedly they're sticking super close the original game which almost certainly means Hell House confirmed! People worrying all these years that the goofy stuff would get the cut are eating some crow right about now! However as much as I love the original I'm no purist. There are a ton of changes & additions I'd love ta see happen! I'm sure I'll write up a huge list about 'em someday but just as an example I think the KotR materia should be earned instead of just walking into the cave and taking it. Make it a boss gauntlet where ya fight 13 knight-like bosses in a row in order ta earn the right to the materia!
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Lindz wrote:Supposedly they're sticking super close the original game which almost certainly means Hell House confirmed! People worrying all these years that the goofy stuff would get the cut are eating some crow right about now! However as much as I love the original I'm no purist. There are a ton of changes & additions I'd love ta see happen! I'm sure I'll write up a huge list about 'em someday but just as an example I think the KotR materia should be earned instead of just walking into the cave and taking it. Make it a boss gauntlet where ya fight 13 knight-like bosses in a row in order ta earn the right to the materia!
I'm not that excited for this. In fact, i'm a bit eh it's seven getting this attention. Still, it is popular and I acknowledge there was some good things. As for the KotR material...

Have you ever raised a Gold Chocobo? It's a lot of work, nuts, and chocobo capturing. Trust me, it's a gauntlet to get the material without beating Ruby weapon. Especially if you have to go against mister "rival" in the races.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

zaseo wrote:http://squareportal.net/2015/06/16/mega ... station-4/

"The game is developed in collaboration between Square Enix and Cyberconnect 2 and has been in the works for a while now. Leading the development will be key members from the original project, including producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima."
I can't find any confirmation/source for this from E3 or any major news site. There are no CC2 mentions or logos in the trailer, no CC2 staff at the conference, and not a single Matsuyama tweet and he knows no restraint for that sort of thing. Since all the other information in this article came from E3, it sounds like they just incorporated that prevalent rumor that was going around at the time but never substantiated in any way? Unfortunately this kind of problem with Western gaming "news" (people with blogs) has been plaguing .hack in particular for a while now, can't people research stuff before they publish? Is a hype and clickbait agenda more important than the truth? There's a lot of shoddy journalism out there now, hard to take things just at face value...
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Have you ever raised a Gold Chocobo? It's a lot of work, nuts, and chocobo capturing. Trust me, it's a gauntlet to get the material without beating Ruby weapon. Especially if you have to go against mister "rival" in the races.
Ya I raised Gold Chocobo's a buncha times throughout the years including the playthrough I did this year! Its abit grindy but nowhere near soul-crushing level! Maybe I say that because I always cheat on the races (hold down all shoulder buttons for extra speed an stamina recovery ftw!). According to one faq I read its a minimum of 25 race wins combined across the 6 chocobo's ya need ta breed (4 for gen 1, 9 for gen 2, 12 for gen 3) which isn't a whole lot but it seems like the rngs more on your side the high rank ya get 'em so prolly max 40 race wins total are the best bet. I think it'd help if ya could start buying stables an racing chocobo's as early as getting the Tiny Bronco. Instead ya can't buy stables until after getting the Highwind, and can't race until Cloud is back cause the Gold Saucer closes during the period he's gone. Its kinda boring but on this years playthrough I KotR'd that annoying Underwater Reactor boss an that made it all worthwhile ^.^
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Lets get something clear here: Aerith dies, there, I saved you from wasting your time hoping for any romantic developments between cloud and her.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Only until FF7-3: Aerith Returns. Or maybe she'll be DLC.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:Only until FF7-3: Aerith Returns. Or maybe she'll be DLC.
She's been sold as DLC already (dissidia 2, LBP) so there is precedent for it...
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Knowing Square, they'll have something like Atlus did for P3P. To clarify:

In P3P, if you played the female main character and fully did the Shinjiro social link (AKA rank 10 or something like that...), he doesn't die. He doesn't stay in your party for the rest of the game, but he survives when he's shot during the dark hour.

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her back or gave a sort of story thing to bring her back.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

As much as I look forward to this, I still think FF7 is a bit over hyped, and would personally rather have had other games remade over this, such as something from the Dragon Quest series. (This was my thought on announcement) Luckily it was announced more recently Dragon Quest 8 gets a remake which I cannot wait for, and now I can get 2 remakes lol.