Idea for a .hack game spin-off

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

SCP173music

Re: Idea for a .hack game spin-off

Post by SCP173music »

it sounds like cool anime. My over reaction was a joke btw. I just wanted to emphasise my point on gender bending characters. Tbh its not wether they are male that female that grinds my gears with gender bending characters. Its that im used to the character being mostly based on the premise of gender. usually when characters of a series enter new storylines they keep their gender. And just seeing character with different gender seems like its betraying the character and the storyline in my opinion. Oh and that male cat character is sexy :3
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kaori wrote:
Falions wrote:
Kaori wrote:@failons, that's why I chose LOTB, the characters have their own identities and lives, they're not a blank slate like Kite was, I find it more interesting to watch others than play as yourself in a game.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Kite. I mean, I enjoyed the original games more for the intrigue and mystery + the fact that Kite is essentially you, but G.U. does exactly what you're talking about. Haseo is a fully fleshed out character complete with development and his own life, yet you still played as him, and those games were a lot of fun.

Either way, I feel like G.U. would be a better fit simply because of how much more "animated" the story is as in it has a faster and livelier pace than the original games. LOTB wasn't pretty big in the twists department anyway.
heh, good point, although I prefer something lighthearted as I'm more of a happy person.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy lighthearted things too, but there's a time and place for everything.

Also, on the topic of LH being a "ripoff" of .hack...
It's like trying to compare Code Geass to Legend of the Galactic Heroes. While CG did take inspiration from LoGH, they're entirely different beasts. I just feel like LH, while sharing similarities, does not go in the same direction. At the very least, it's a more intelligent "ripoff" than SAO ever was.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SCP173music wrote:it sounds like cool anime. My over reaction was a joke btw. I just wanted to emphasise my point on gender bending characters. Tbh its not wether they are male that female that grinds my gears with gender bending characters. Its that im used to the character being mostly based on the premise of gender. usually when characters of a series enter new storylines they keep their gender. And just seeing character with different gender seems like its betraying the character and the storyline in my opinion. Oh and that male cat character is sexy :3
You have to remember though that the characters of Quantum are not Kite, BlackRose, and Balmung. They are not "betraying the character" because they are original, different characters.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Indeed, it's an Online Game, Sakuya even mentions that the three girl's coincidental choice in character design "just happened" to be like the famous dot hackers of old. It's just character models, the real character is the person playing those characters and that's the character that the viewer should empathize with, this is a little difficult in earlier dot hack installments, but you get a healthy dose of the real world in //Quantum.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:Indeed, it's an Online Game, Sakuya even mentions that the three girl's coincidental choice in character design "just happened" to be like the famous dot hackers of old. It's just character models, the real character is the person playing those characters and that's the character that the viewer should empathize with, this is a little difficult in earlier dot hack installments, but you get a healthy dose of the real world in //Quantum.
I see. Hmmm maybe ill watch quantum.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SCP173music wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:Indeed, it's an Online Game, Sakuya even mentions that the three girl's coincidental choice in character design "just happened" to be like the famous dot hackers of old. It's just character models, the real character is the person playing those characters and that's the character that the viewer should empathize with, this is a little difficult in earlier dot hack installments, but you get a healthy dose of the real world in //Quantum.
I see. Hmmm maybe ill watch quantum.
It's only three episodes, so you can't go wrong. You should also watch the Thanatos Report from .hack//Versus.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Falions wrote: It's only three episodes, so you can't go wrong. You should also watch the Thanatos Report from .hack//Versus.
That is If you've already seen //Beyond The World, since the Thanatos Report follows Directly after it and has a large spoiler for the movie.
Last edited by Xu Yuan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Just saying, I actually like Log Horizon.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! HOW THE **** DO YOU FIT AN ENTIRE STORYLINE IN 3 EPISODES.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SCP173music wrote:WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! HOW THE **** DO YOU FIT AN ENTIRE STORYLINE IN 3 EPISODES.
It's just sort of a side story. While some questions remain unanswered by the end of it, it's still pretty good for three episodes.
Hell, FLCL did it in 6 episodes, and it's my 2nd favourite anime of all time (behind SIGN, of course :lol: ).