Final Fantasy XV TGS Trailer

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Final Fantasy XV TGS Trailer

Post by zerokoolpsx »

A lot of people will be anticipating this.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Final Fantasy XV TGS Trailer

Post by Kaori »

Ugh, why would anybody give SE another chance? I've had it with them making crappy ff13 games, bravely default was actually quite horrible, and they refuse to release type-0 for handheld console gamers, why should I give SE another chance? It's been nothing but dissapointments all these past few years.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Kaori wrote:Ugh, why would anybody give SE another chance? I've had it with them making crappy ff13 games, bravely default was actually quite horrible, and they refuse to release type-0 for handheld console gamers, why should I give SE another chance? It's been nothing but dissapointments all these past few years.
I guess you won't be happy to hear that FF13 is coming to Steam then? :P
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120/

Full trilogy coming Spring 2015. Why SE, why???? Its so crappy.
There's a good chance that FF XV will come to PC as well. SE is porting a lot of their old mainline titles to Steam. They added FFIV to it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/312750
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

FF13 was groundbreaking, but I think my opinion on it is far from typical. This game looks awesome, but I'm hoping the car doesn't mean they've caved and they're taking feature FFs backwards and doing playtime-padding and fetchquests again... This isn't 1987, You have literally a hundred thousand times as much ROM capacity. Settings in games should be like settings in movies now - there's no reason to be in a city twice unless the second time you're there is the most mind-blowingly awesome and exciting thing you've ever done.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:FF13 was groundbreaking.
You are very lucky I have enough reasoning in my head despite having gone off my meds for two days, otherwise, I have no idea whether I can control my outbursts or not, but lets just leave it at this, if it was so groundbreaking, how come the story sucks?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

This is the mainline FF game which goes full stupid and becomes a button mashing action rpg right? I do like a number of those kinds of rpgs... and of all the FF's I've played I can only say I've enjoyed 3 of 'em~ one of which is Crisis Core. Maybe this bodes well for me finding a fourth FF I might like o.o Now if only SE could find the energy ta localize more DQ games I'd have a nice balance of action & turnbased ~_~
Kuukai wrote:FF13 was groundbreaking, but I think my opinion on it is far from typical. This game looks awesome, but I'm hoping the car doesn't mean they've caved and they're taking feature FFs backwards and doing playtime-padding and fetchquests again... This isn't 1987, You have literally a hundred thousand times as much ROM capacity. Settings in games should be like settings in movies now - there's no reason to be in a city twice unless the second time you're there is the most mind-blowingly awesome and exciting thing you've ever done.
Don't many/most movies take place in a single town?
Kaori wrote:You are very lucky I have enough reasoning in my head despite having gone off my meds for two days, otherwise, I have no idea whether I can control my outbursts or not, but lets just leave it at this, if it was so groundbreaking, how come the story sucks?
Groundbreakingly bad story! But just cause a stories bad dun mean gameplay is. idk though since I never played it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I really liked the story. It might come off worse in the English dub?
Lindz wrote:
Kuukai wrote:FF13 was groundbreaking, but I think my opinion on it is far from typical. This game looks awesome, but I'm hoping the car doesn't mean they've caved and they're taking feature FFs backwards and doing playtime-padding and fetchquests again... This isn't 1987, You have literally a hundred thousand times as much ROM capacity. Settings in games should be like settings in movies now - there's no reason to be in a city twice unless the second time you're there is the most mind-blowingly awesome and exciting thing you've ever done.
Don't many/most movies take place in a single town?
Setting. Although the word I should have used is "set." Lots of movies use them and move on. It should be the same with areas in a game. Look at Star Wars: A New Hope. Does the Cantina barkeeper ask them to bring him rare Bantha food from Dantooine for bonus points? Does a really powerful purple sarlacc spawn there after Obi-Wan dies? Is it the only place where you can buy lightsabers? No, they never look back. Tattooine doesn't come back unto two movies later, and we're on a totally different side of the planet. Even when you see the Death Star, almost every single time it's a new room. Games don't need to recycle locations anymore either, so the outdated game-padding isn't that important. One of the strong points of FF13 was challenging that mold.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Not even gonna lie I've never been to into Final Fantasy (just this year I've decided to give the games a go and I'm quite fond of XII and Type-0) but this game sold me once I saw those main characters.

I want to touch Gladiolus' abs...swimsuit DLC please, Square Enix.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I made the comparison to movies because successful big-budget movies tend to be very good at continually throwing new things at the audience. That isn't to say I want games to be "more like movies" in any other way, though. Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are cool, and that direction is worth exploring, but games are games, they're by necessity a fun abstraction of reality, and if games were supposed to be movies Sega CD would have done a lot better. There's definitely also something to be said for sandbox games with no "rails" to speak of, but that's because they add a layer of interactivity and change to the location you've already been to a hundred times. They take the same old boring three dimensions and add an engaging fourth. What these games do is fundamentally more interesting than what most RPGs do, which at best involves closing a shop, replacing a town with a crater, or repainting Fort Ouph. (I never said .hack was great as an RPG.)

There are definitely people who enjoy the grind, and that's cool, but it's something of a cop out - especially for a company with huge budgets like Square Enix - to effectively pad your game with that, when you could just work harder and make something with a higher level of engagement and less walking. FF13 was an attempt at doing that. There's a mountain of mediocre RPGs and I really feel the genre could move forward by more actively balancing "walking simulator" vs. "here's something new."
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

... Still not interested in buying a ps4 for this, *hikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab*.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I got my ps4 back in September cause it was on sale. I think all current ps4 games are not worth the system, but looking into the future it's a good investment if you like playing consoles games. I mean just in 2015 we're supposed to get MGS V, FF Type-0 HD, Persona 5, Bloodborne, DBZ Xenoverse, Uncharted 4 and Batman. Granted I won't be buying all of those, but I think that's a fairly decent number of games that I am personally interested in.

Of course I also want FF 15, in fact I got my ps3 for versus 13, but I learned that buying systems for 1 game is worthless. If you don't want any ps4 games and "maybe considering FF15" then you might as well save your money for a few years until it's out and reviewed. I personally only have Destiny (which came with my system) and it's not even hooked up to my TV (the ps3 is). But I'm definitely glad I got it since I am looking forward to FF Type 0 and Persona 5 a lot!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Same trailer but in dub, let the dub vs sub war commence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm4yg2LC7hk
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Anyone getting type-0 for that 15 demo in a few days? 8)
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Last night, a big event revealed much info about the game:

-We got 2 new trailers
-A FF15 6 episode anime (episode 1 on youtube for free available now)
-A FF15 CG movie in the works (famous Hollywood actors voicing it)
-A new demo, available now
-Sep 30th 2016 release date
-Regular, Deluxe, and Ultimate edition available for pre order (Deluxe comes with DLC, Steel Case, Movie on blu ray) (Ultimate is SOLD OUT, but also had extra DLC, a figure, and the anime on blu ray)