Try this game, I heard amazing things about it!

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Try this game, I heard amazing things about it!

Post by Kaori »

Now where have I heard this before? Oh right, some ass I unfriended because he was a total mouthbreather.

Your friends have been bugging you to play the latest game that everyone's talking about. Every gaming magazine raves about its originality, well-deserved popularity, and effective mix of gameplay, on the front section. Critics are rushing to hail it as the re-definition of its genre. After the thirtieth or so "Just try it already, geez!" and maybe a Hype Aversion stage, you finally give in, pop the game in your console, and lay back to enjoy the latest masterpiece...

...Except you come away with a very different opinion than your friends; to you, it's at best a mediocre game with average plots and few laughs or an utterly confusing one with more than enough shocking swerves to boggle the mind, a show that definitely isn't the seminal classic everyone's touting it as. What on earth did everybody see in this?

Usually occurs when Quality by Popular Vote fails. Most often, the work isn't bad in itself and would easily have been accepted as a solid and enjoyable work by the same person under different circumstances. But few things can live up to being praised as perfect works of pure genius by lots of people for long. To someone who was expecting nothing short of a flawless masterpiece, the disappointment of anything less can be bitter indeed.

Yes people, I've been there, with games WHOSE NAMES SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED, I don't see what people find so likeable about these games their stories are dull, and the plots are far too predictable to somebody of my intelligence(I write fanfiction, I'm supposed to write a plot, I can write better than any of the drivel in these games), not to mention these games are supposed to pander to the masses, so of course they turn out to be bad for some, Ever had a similar experience? Post it and let it be known, if you are Zerokoolpsx, do not blame me for spending your PSN money on games you don't want, that is all.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Re: Try this game, I heard amazing things about it!

Post by TheEnigma »

All of my what?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Try this game, I heard amazing things about it!

Post by Kaori »

Just me ranting, I got suckered into playing  bravely default,BTW, Gamerkale, you owe me $20 on Steam, I suggest getting me the fallout collection.