Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

What is CC2 working on?

Post by Kaori »

Bullet Biter

Re: What is CC2 working on?

Post by Bullet Biter »

Probably won't be related to .hack or Little Tail, but their original IPs are always pretty interesting so I'll take five copies.

Hopefully we'll see some news at TGS or sometime in the year. Strelka Stories kind existed for but a brief moment then faded away with no news ever and I'd be bummed if that happened again.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I was there. I'll have a more detailed writeup of this soon.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Kuukai wrote:I was there. I'll have a more detailed writeup of this soon.
Gotta say I love ya, Kuukai.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

C'mooooon full FFVII remake ^.^

In my dreams lol. They're working on GD, LTS, FB, G-Bike, and Naruto... even though 4 of 'em are mobile games thats still quite abit of projects. Hopefully by major and original its not something that'll be forever stuck in japan/asia! What if they're doing another movie?!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

New Naruto game for PS4/Vita --- Probably
JoJo 2 ------------------------------- Maybe
New .hack game ------------------- Maybe
Something completely new ------- Maybe
New mobile game ----------------- Unlikely
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

CC2 history has shown that for this new title to be any good, it would have to have a large budget. Symptoms of this include being heralded by one of CC2's world-famous teaser sites, and having an announcement on an international stage. The best-case scenario would be it's announced at E3. A bad scenario would be it's announced now. Luckily, that's looking less and less likely.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Vallen wrote:New Naruto game for PS4/Vita --- Probably
Make that PS3/PS4 an your prolly closer to the truth. Even though they pumped out PSP Naruto games they've yet ta do squat for the Vita.
Kuukai wrote:CC2 history has shown that for this new title to be any good, it would have to have a large budget. Symptoms of this include being heralded by one of CC2's world-famous teaser sites, and having an announcement on an international stage. The best-case scenario would be it's announced at E3. A bad scenario would be it's announced now. Luckily, that's looking less and less likely.
Oh ya its about TGS time now huh? I remember seeing Bamco's list of games to be showed a couple weeks back which left room for new announcements. Guess you're thinking none of 'em will be CC2's stuff? E3 is forevers away... >.<;
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

If it is announced, there was zero hype and it will probably be a slowball project like Link, unfortunately.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:If it is announced, there was zero hype and it will probably be a slowball project like Link, unfortunately.
But isn't .hack basically dead in the west? Why would they announce one at E3? I mean Bamco is much, much more localization friendly these past few years an even then they skipped on Versus and Guilty Dragon is still MIA. If they wanna try an make it a more global brand again revealing it there'd do wonders but that'd take considerable effort on the part of both parties. Meanwhile Harada's on about Xenosaga HD Collection but .hack ones? Nothin'!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Because those were both slowball projects too. A full-fledged, full-budget game would be worth bringing over. Has CC2 released a home console game that wasn't released here? (excluding some odd-numbered Naruto game with one additional character or something)

Not that it has much to do with this, but the same thing that's been said about an HD port of Xenosaga has already been said about an HD port of .hack - if people support it it can happen.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:A full-fledged, full-budget game would be worth bringing over.
Hypothetically they'd have a budget for that now or all along despite the recentish comments otherwise? Has GD's sales or whatever inspired that much confidence in the series to Bamco? CC2 seems intent on continuing the story so a reboot is highly unlikely. But if they wanna continue it and appeal to the rest of the world how would they go about doing that?

We in the west, or well, north america would be going from G.U. (and not even returner for that matter) to the new series. For europe/austrailia/etc it'd be from IMOQ to this proposed new one. If there were another IMOQ -> G.U. esque "disconnect" in story then many of the mysteries currently left dangling may still be left that way!

Given peoples thoughts on Links gameplay an cinematics I dun think they can pull a Type-0 HD with a Link HD unless substantial changes were made to its gameplay at the very least. Otherwise it wouldn't exactly be the best way ta reintroduce the series to an international audience prior to the big full new game.

Course they could go full steam ahead with the story with no regard for what people have played/read/watched previously lol. It'd kinda run contradictory to their prior marketing of how accessible the series is, not having had ta play/read/watch past material an just simply being able ta jump right in, but its a possibility!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What recent comments? Their most recent comment is that they're developing a home console game, to be announced "in the near future." If it's a home console game, it seems to be in the right ballpark. Guilty Dragon is doing decently well.

.hack installments always work as standalones. If localization continuity logic applied, we wouldn't have Quantum. It's actually doubly bizarre that they thought the could sell that, since it's about 1 hour total of animation, not really a DVD or movie's worth. But they did, and it sounds like it worked out because they license more .hack. If it's a shiny and exciting game, the backstory doesn't matter. Look at Asura's Wrath. How many of the U.S. fans are Buddhists?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Alil old by now but with the forums all funky an stuffs:

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/cyberconnect ... -years-end

E3's not a year end event! Doh! There is that awful vga/x thingy assuming its not dead-dead lol.

But in any case what could possibly be shocking?!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They might just announce it directly to the internet then, if it's really year's end. In August he said "very soon" so I guess it's all relative...

To play devil's advocate for a second: after a half dozen smartphone games, at this point is there any non-Naruto console game announcement they could make that wouldn't be "shocking"?

..but I definitely hope it's .hack-saga-related...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Guys, I just had a weird epiphany after eating rocky road with dragon fruit, what if, the next game is.......  A hunting game? DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!!!!!!!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

With the finale of naruto this month, I now feel this new project is a new naruto game (not storm but something new).. o.o
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Vallen wrote:With the finale of naruto this month, I now feel this new project is a new naruto game (not storm but something new).. o.o
Hopefully something I can play on a Vita, or 3DS if you're feeling casual, but really, I do hope its something I can play on a Vita.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Alls been quiet but with "The Game Awards" and "Playstation Experience" just a day or so away might they be making their announcement at one of those? If not they've still got 3 weeks~ ta work with assuming its still on for this year!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think they really meant the actual end of the year, so probably not for a few weeks. It could be an announcement or teaser via their site, or they might time it with the release of their physical .hack official doujin and newsletter at Comike. That would be the first time they make an announcement through it, but as basically a private magazine they completely control it would be a cool way to give an announcement of things to come.

That's all assuming it's .hack, and that's not assured at all.