Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Post by Vallen »

Gen 3 remakes for the 3DS are confirmed for a worldwide release in Nov 2014!

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/

zaseo

Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Post by zaseo »

I wish this could be more of a sequel than a remake. Unless they do some major retcons the good stuff shall not really come until post game in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Nope, sadly Nintendo confirmed today that it is indeed a remake...but I'm sure the game will add new content and improve on its mechanics. For example:

-I think character customization will return
-Secret bases should return
-The new battle frontier
-A new Groudon and Kyogre (probably they change forms when you give them the 'alpha red stone' or 'omega blue stone')
-I think we'll see new mega evolutions; the 2 other starters, metagross and milotic need them
-The game will run on the X/Y engine, so I expect the PSS to return
-We'll probable get a revamped contest system
-And I bet the story will resemble that of emerald
-Jirachi, Mew and Deoxys were event legendaries in 3rd gen, who knows, maybe they'll be catchable in these games

I'm pretty excited because Ruby was my first Pokemon game and is my favorite to date. If going by the the HG and SS standards, these remakes should be pretty nice and have a ton of post game content too.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Trailer
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

So the new mega evolutions have been shown for the starters and the legendaries and they are retconning the story a lot. Still I am sticking with Master Bursyamo race.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Groudon & Kyogre's new Mega Evolutions are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution

Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon (OMG YESSSS. My fav starter is getting the love he deserves)+ with Lightning Rod (overkill)

Mega Swampert has swift swim and retains the same typing

Last edited by Vallen on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

New Magma/Aqua leaders designs:

ImageImage

New art for gym leaders:

Last edited by Vallen on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Have you guys seen the IGN review for the game? It's hilarious, the internet is going crazy at the moment. So the games are perfect and improve on everything from XY but since the reviewer doesn't like water and there is too much of it in a tropical island region 7.8/10 LMAO
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

oh-my-god Roxanne is adorable

AHEM.

Yeah, mom is getting me Alpha Sapphire for Christmas, because I asked her nicely. (read: mentioned repeatedly that I was saving up for a game this November and told her about it over lunch one day)

SO. FRIGGIN'. HYPE. AAHHH.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:oh-my-god Roxanne is adorable
This.

Also Alpha Sapphire is freaking amazing.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Playing Omega Ruby and it is the best game I played all year! Fun fact, I transferred my sceptile that was my original starter back in Ruby version in 2003 and by showing him to a certain someone you get a special certificate within the game, a very nice touch to please people who played the originals!

Defiantly better than a 7.8!!!!!!!!
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Vallen wrote:Playing Omega Ruby and it is the best game I played all year! Fun fact, I transferred my sceptile that was my original starter back in Ruby version in 2003 and by showing him to a certain someone you get a special certificate within the game, a very nice touch to please people who played the originals!

Defiantly better than a 7.8!!!!!!!!
...that's pretty cool, huh.

Also, um, yes, IGN is stupid and don't listen to them. XD
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Got my copy some days ago and I'm enjoying it so far but I miss shopping for clothes, I wanna dress Haruka up as Haruka:
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Mega Rayquaza is crazy strong. In fact is on the level of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow era Mewtwo(given Gen 1 mechanics though I would still say Mewtwo in that era is more of a game breaker). Well It stats are very high and it can hold an item and Mega evolve. Well most legendaries are made to be overpowered anyway but there is actually ways to deal with Mega Rayquaza. Dragon Ascent being a Flying type attack and not Dragon type attack does make it scary though. Delta stream helps it not get outright destroyed by ice(still super effective), eletric and rock attacks.

The other 2 Hoen starters Mega are great but still Acceleration/Speed Boost Bursyamo. Mega Jukain/Sceptile is cool but its weakness must be covered by another pokemon or its going to get wrecked. Mega Laglarge/Swampert is great in the rain.

Due to move tutor's there is many shenanigans that can be pulled off now.

Groudon in Primal Regression has a fighting chance against Kyogre now. Before then all Kyogre had to do is use a water type attack in the rain or use ice beam in sunlight. Groudon could use solar beam on Kyogre in the sun but it has average special attack while Kyogre has high special defense. It still wouldn't do too much. As long as Land of the End/Desolate Land is in effect Groudon can fight with Kyogre. However if Desolate Land for whatever reason is canceled out Groudon is at an even worse disadvantage against Kyogre and in general water types.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

My mega aggron can easily deal with rayquaza, however I do believe rayquaza is the strongest mega evolution. It'll get banned fairy quickly. If anything, mega slowbro is more broken for the competitive side of the game lol
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Vallen wrote:My mega aggron can easily deal with rayquaza, however I do believe rayquaza is the strongest mega evolution. It'll get banned fairy quickly. If anything, mega slowbro is more broken for the competitive side of the game lol
I don't follow Smogon rules but they banned it from ubers. In fact they made a new tier/playlist called Anything Goes just for Mega Rayquaza. Having a Choice item or Life Orb with 180+ physical and special attacks stats make it extreme powerful. It has the moveset to hit anything hard and hit everthing at least neturally. Its versatile as well.

As for official battles and stuff the game is balance around doubles and Mega Slowbro/Yadoran is very powerful.