Suggestions for 3DS games

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Suggestions for 3DS games

Post by Kaori »

So, I might be getting a 2DS or 3DS, any suggestions for some games?
GamerKale

Re: Suggestions for 3DS games

Post by GamerKale »

I only have Pokemon X, but I hear amazing things about Bravely Default. And that's about all I know regarding 3DS and 2DS games.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Pokemon Y
Senran Kagura Burst
Monster Hunter 3Ultimate Also 4Ultimate comes out early next year
Tales of the Abyss
Odyssey
Devil Survivor 2
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem Awakening
Ace Combat
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zaseo wrote:Pokemon Y
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem Awakening
Ace Combat
Okay, those are whats left on the list.
GamerKale wrote:I only have Pokemon X, but I hear amazing things about Bravely Default. And that's about all I know regarding 3DS and 2DS games.
Bravely default doesn't pique my interest too much, I'll probably consider it as a maybe.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Luigi Mansion Dark Moon
Harvest Moon A New Beginning
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Later this year
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Senran Kagura 2
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Harvest Moon 3D: Linking the New World
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Okay, going to manila tomorrow, anybody got any more suggestions?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

If you like the series Kirby Triple Deluxe recently came out. Mario Golf World Tour if you're into that type of thing. Everything good is coming out in summer or later in the year. Right now there is mostly small trailers/leaks of stuff. I expect big stuff for Nintendo E3 event. If I can't get to a store with Smash 4 next month I shall just watch event from 3DS.

Hm if you like platformers there is Sonic Lost World. You can try the demo before you buy.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zaseo wrote:If you like the series Kirby Triple Deluxe recently came out. Mario Golf World Tour if you're into that type of thing. Everything good is coming out in summer or later in the year. Right now there is mostly small trailers/leaks of stuff. I expect big stuff for Nintendo E3 event. If I can't get to a store with Smash 4 next month I shall just watch event from 3DS.

Hm if you like platformers there is Sonic Lost World. You can try the demo before you buy.
Kirby triple deluxe is amazing, but I kinda yearn for something a little more challenging, so its my turn to recommend some:

Azure Striker Gunvolt: It ain't Megaman but its a successor of sorts to the ZX series, its a Metroidvania game that is sure to appeal to fans of the side scrolling Megaman games, and like ZX and Zero, its got an intriguing story as well.

Dark Void Zero: a strange old timey style metroidvania, it's rather unique from other Metroidvanias due to one key and unique feature: A Jetpack, with it, you can fly around and hover indefinitely as well, expect airborne combat to be exciting.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

....Metroidvania with a jetpack? Okay, that sounds pretty awesome, I have to admit.

I'm not sure if I can make any recommendations since I don't have many games, but I'll throw out Rune Factory 4, since I didn't see it anywhere else in this thread :V
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Smash 4 keeps getting more interesting. The N's Castle stage looks like its going to be great. I really wonder what they're going to do with Marth and Lucina. In many aspects characters at the E3 demo were nerf but we know stuff is being changed. If they have Marth in his true glory then he is going to be awesome with Lucina likely becoming the Roy to Marth similar to Melee. If they nerf him do they give what he used to have to Lucina like the old Marth?

Wonder how many characters are left. I likely see Mr. Game & Watch coming back.

For me Smash 4 and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are my primary 3DS games to get. Kingdom Hearts 3D and Bravely Default shall be gotten later.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zaseo wrote:Smash 4 keeps getting more interesting. The N's Castle stage looks like its going to be great. I really wonder what they're going to do with Marth and Lucina. In many aspects characters at the E3 demo were nerf but we know stuff is being changed. If they have Marth in his true glory then he is going to be awesome with Lucina likely becoming the Roy to Marth similar to Melee. If they nerf him do they give what he used to have to Lucina like the old Marth?

Wonder how many characters are left. I likely see Mr. Game & Watch coming back.

For me Smash 4 and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are my primary 3DS games to get. Kingdom Hearts 3D and Bravely Default shall be gotten later.
Don't get Bravely Default, it isn't that good, the story is very predictable, and I'm sure you of all people can see the twists coming from miles away.
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:....Metroidvania with a jetpack? Okay, that sounds pretty awesome, I have to admit.

I'm not sure if I can make any recommendations since I don't have many games, but I'll throw out Rune Factory 4, since I didn't see it anywhere else in this thread :V
Dark Void Zero is rather cheap in Eshop, under $5 if I recall, and I've got Rune Factory 4, its a nice blend of action RPG and farming.