http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/ ... _final.pdf
Notice is hereby given that SEGA DREAM CORPORATION, which was newly established as a wholly owned subsidiary by SEGA CORPORATION (“SEGA”), a subsidiary of SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS INC. (the “Company”), has concluded a business transfer agreement with Index Corporation (“Index”) for the purpose of revitalization of the business. Under the agreement, SEGA will take over the operations conducted by Index, the bankrupt company that applied to the Tokyo District Court for the commencement of civil rehabilitation proceedings effective from June 27, 2013
The Company believes that transfer of Index’s operations to SEGA will create synergies, on the grounds that the deal will enable the Company to:
(1) gain access to prominent IPs in the home video game software, through which the Company can expect to achieve steady flows of revenue;
(2) expect further facilitation of revenue growth for the PC Online Game Business and Content Business for Smart Devices operated by SEGA and SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. by exploiting acquired prominent IPs
(3) maximize the value of acquired IPs by effectively deploying them in the Pachislot and Pachinko Machines segment, Amusement Machine Sales and Amusement Center Operations segments.
The deal is said to be valued at 140 million dollars.Outline of the business transfer:
(1) Details of operations to be transferred
The operations conducted by Index including the Digital Game Business (design and development of console games and social games); Contents & Solutions Business (delivery of contents, development of systems, consigned development related to amusement machines, internet advertising, etc.); Amusement Business (development and sales of commercial amusement machines) and related businesses.
(2) Assets and liabilities to be transferred
Tangible and intangible fixed assets as well as intellectual property assets related to the above operations to be transferred. (These include shares of Atlus Holding, Inc., which is the parent company of Index Digital Media, Inc., as well as Tiger Mob Limited, Index Corp (Thailand) Ltd. and Mobi Town Ltd.) In principle, liabilities including interest-bearing debts will not be taken over.
(Note: Index Digital Media Inc is Atlus USA)