Dragon's Crown

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Dragon's Crown

Post by nobodyknows »

I don't know why no-one's made a topic about this yet, but lets fix that right now~

Thoughts/ Feelings on the game and gameplay and in general?
I personally think it has gorgeous art direction and that they've learned a lot about how to expand on the gameplay from their previous titles, as the combat -while appearing similar to how it was in Odin Sphere- now has added depth to it in the form of pseudo-3 dimensional movement across a 2d plane.
I'm really hoping that it turns out to be as hard, fluid and functional as all of Vanillaware's previous titles.
Onytgvx

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by Onytgvx »

I've enjoyed every Vanillaware game I've played, I'm really looking forward to this one too. Looks gorgeous.

Didn't see what people's problem was with the sorceress though. She got huge hate in GameSpot articles. Obviously by Petit.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

She's the new target of a feminazi hate parade steered by Anita Sarkeesian  the current worst person on the internet and some autist on Kotaku who thought it would make himself look intelligent and witty if he decided to hate on a deliberately exaggerated character design.
The key problems here are that;

A) feminazis seem to complain about /any/ sort of female representation in fiction, regardless of whether or not its good judging by what their 'uncontestable holy doctrine' states, so taking their opinion seriously either means you're already opinionated, ***** stupid, or a feminazi yourself, and its also the reason why you should never take it seriously.

B) It's a stylized character design in a stylized video game universe by an artist who stylizes things for a living. someone who's acting like it's 'opressing women' is either throwing out a strawman for the sake of trolling or they're an entitled prick who thinks they're more important than they actually are, hence why they feel they have a right to moan about everything that doesn't comply with their personal idea of a perfect world. In either case they're an asshat and no-one should ever listen to what they have to say.

What it boils down to is a bunch of people getting their jimmies rustled over nothing because they want something to use as a target for all their pent up hatred. The only victim here is George Kamitani, and I'm amazed at how easily he's managed to deal with it and turn all of his negative PR into positive PR, thus making the game even MORE popular than it already was.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well, being an avid player of Games of the Fanservice and Sexual variety, I'm not bothered with exaggerated proportions nor fanservice, I find the game rather fun to play, I like the whole beat'em up RPG mechanic since I played that videogame with King Arthur and his knights laying the smackdown to some evil empire, it was in 2D and it was on PSP, it was capcom I think.