Other game series you play?

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Furie

Other game series you play?

Post by Furie »

Are there any other game series that you play or follow?

I have a few:

Legend of Zelda
Harvest Moon
Elder Scrolls
Pokemon (although I really don't like Gen V <.<)
and Mario.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: Other game series you play?

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Persona 3, FES, 4
Basara Cross and Devil Kings
Devil may Cry from 1 to 4
Rule of Roses
Ar Tonelico
Disgaea 1, 2
Kingdom Hearts 1, RE: Chain of Memories, 2
Shining Force Neo, EXA
Shadow Of The Colossus
Atelier Iris 1, 2
Devil Summoner
Digital Devil Saga 1, 2
Fatal Frame 1, 2, 3
Zone of the Enders 1, 2
Naruto Fighting games
Wild Arms 5
Monster Hunter 1, 2
Spartan: Total Warrior
Shadow the Hedgehog
Splinter Cell
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed(All)
Drakengard 1, 2
Fullmetal Alchemist
Samurai Warriors
Dynasty Warriors
Gundam Seed, Meisters
Tenchu Fatal Shadows
Prototype 1, 2
Dante's inferno
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Silent Hill Shattered Memories, 3
Baroque
Soul Calibur 3, 5
and of course .Hack//IMOQ, G.U.

i think i missed some but there's the ones i remember, as for android i play IMO: The World of Magic and planning to play Elgard and .Hack// Guilty Dragon

EDIT:

MARIO, SONIC, MEGAMAN, NINJA GAIDEN AND ADVENTURE ISLAND. ALSO POKEMON AND MEDABOTS

lol my caps button broke D:
Furie

Post by Furie »

D'oh! I forgot Kingdom Hearts on my list!

That's quite the list you have there. I've also played Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, Persona 3, and one of the Fullmetal Alchemist games. I don't play anything on android, because my phone is a piece of junk and can hardly handle text messaging and calls much less games. xD

You haven't played Monster Hunter Tri!??!?!??!?!??!
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Furie wrote:You haven't played Monster Hunter Tri!??!?!??!?!??!
I own nothing more than a PS2 and a decent phone, don't ask for much >3<

Well at least I'm one of the best bowgunners around here :P
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...I've played and finished at least 300 games in my life, there's NO WAY i could possibly make a list of ALL the games i've played. Not even all of the game series, since that began ever since the Chip & Dale and Mario series for the NES, which were the very first games i finished D: I suppose i can make a list of the game series i've been playing and following recently, though o3o

Metal Gear Solid
Assassin's Creed
God of War
Uncharted
Tekken
Marvel vs Capcom
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil

And those are just the ones i keep playing on the PS3, even though most of them i've been following since PS1/PS2.

I've also followed so many other gaming series, including Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts. In fact i was REALLY obsessed with both of them D: I had a perfectly EV-trained team in Pokemon Sapphire, and i finished Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix + in Critical Mode. I was never a HUGE fan of Zelda, since i began to play it much later in my life (while for most people it was among their first games), but i've played and finished Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap and the Four Swords. I've also played and finished Shadow of the Colossus and ICO too.

Gaming isn't just a part of my life. My life IS gaming D: lol
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

My minecraft server at server IP integrability.no-ip.org

And the Sims 3, I love the Sims games.
nuhkuhl
Location: In a box with a lock sitting next to a fox sick with pox wearing socks.

Post by nuhkuhl »

I've played too many games to list, however my favorite game series are Shadow Hearts (1/2/3 + Koudelka), Galerians (1/2), Ape Escape(1/2/3), the original Crash Bandicoot games (1/2/3 + CTR), SMT: Nocturne / Digital Devil Saga / Devil Summoner (I view them as being in the same universe), Musashi (1/2) and anything made by Vanillaware.
(I'm very nostalgic over Harvest Moon and Monster Rancher but no longer enjoy the gameplay elements from either series.)

I also love Okami, Bully, Klonoa 2, Croc (LEAVE ME ALONE), Monkey Magic, Pokemon Snap, Gex 3, Chrono Trigger, Rez, Grandia 2, Dragon Quarter, the first Drakengard, as well as Soul Nomad & the World Eaters.

Uh..and Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics...It's...actually really good, you guys...I mean, for a game based on an anime........ Yu-Gi-OH!: Forbidden Memories and Yu-Gi-OH!: Duelist of the Roses were shockingly decent too...Yu-Gi-OH! is so much better with alternate story lines....seriously.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

I feel so out of place....

I just follow such Mainstream things...

Halo,
Kingdom Hearts,
Practically anything Square Soft/enix
Practically anything Sting,
and Ya know...Still playing .Hack
As for the most recent game I have played, not counting the fact that it's a decrepit game, happens to be Pong.
Furie

Post by Furie »

Wow, so many games! Haha. And don't feel out of place KiteXX. That's a good list, too.

I play more than I mentioned in the first post, but those are the ones I continue to follow.
Also...

@nuhkuhl: Croc was a fun game in my opinion. >.> At least, the one I played (I think it was the original). It was a good platformer in its own right. I also like a game called Metropolismania, which most people think is really goofy and bad. It's... It's fun and addicting. ;___;
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

nuhkuhl wrote:I've played too many games to list, however my favorite game series are Shadow Hearts (1/2/3 + Koudelka), Galerians (1/2), Ape Escape(1/2/3), the original Crash Bandicoot games (1/2/3 + CTR), SMT: Nocturne / Digital Devil Saga / Devil Summoner (I view them as being in the same universe), Musashi (1/2) and anything made by Vanillaware.
(I'm very nostalgic over Harvest Moon and Monster Rancher but no longer enjoy the gameplay elements from either series.)

I also love Okami, Bully, Klonoa 2, Croc (LEAVE ME ALONE), Monkey Magic, Pokemon Snap, Gex 3, Chrono Trigger, Rez, Grandia 2, Dragon Quarter, the first Drakengard, as well as Soul Nomad & the World Eaters.

Uh..and Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics...It's...actually really good, you guys...I mean, for a game based on an anime........ Yu-Gi-OH!: Forbidden Memories and Yu-Gi-OH!: Duelist of the Roses were shockingly decent too...Yu-Gi-OH! is so much better with alternate story lines....seriously.
Those are some FREAKING GREAT games that i've also played and loved so much!!! 8D Crash Bandicoot games are just legendary, and quite difficult too...in fact finishing Crash 1 at 100% was a much bigger challenge than finishing most PS3 games XD Gex games have their own legacy too, as well as Spyro games. And Chrono Trigger was one of the best RPGs for the SNES, and even for the PSX, where i played it. The DS version of Chrono Trigger is also very good and the extra stuff is not any disappointing for a true fan ;P

As of Yugioh games...well to be fair most of them don't have any real plot. You're just some random dude that appeared in the world out of nowhere, happens to be good friends with the main characters, duels alot, then somehow becomes involved in a crazy event with the main villian, all the main characters need your help, you defeat the villian and save the world, everyone loves you, and you keep dueling with people that still look at you like some random noob and are shocked when you defeated them for the 50th time D: So, Forbidden Memories and Duelist of the Roses really shine among the Yugioh games, because they ACTUALLY have a story where you're not just some random dude, and their stories are actually great too XD
And Forbidden Memories annoyed me...the story was cool but the game was tedious and you needed to have a full list of all possible Fusions from GameFAQs to pass the game D: lol But Duelist of the Roses, i LOVED that game, and i LOVED the gameplay system. Hell, i even loved the MUSIC, which was...unique D8 I don't think i can describe it...it's like...classical upbeat thingy that has nothing to do with Yugioh but perfectly fits in this game D8 lol
KiteXX wrote:I feel so out of place....

I just follow such Mainstream things...

Halo,
Kingdom Hearts,
Practically anything Square Soft/enix
Practically anything Sting,
and Ya know...Still playing .Hack
As for the most recent game I have played, not counting the fact that it's a decrepit game, happens to be Pong.
...Despite saying you play mainstream stuff, i don't think i've EVER played any game from a company called "Sting" D: I don't think i've even heard of that company!!! D8 lol

And well, i actually play ALOT of "mainstream" games, probably like 90% of my gaming collection can be considered as "mainstream"! XD That's because i mostly follow game series which have become very popular over time (like God of War and Devil May Cry for example...not trying to sound hipster but i did start playing those games before they were popular D8 lol), and when i follow a new game series, i usually do it because of following recommendations, hearing ALOT about those games, or having friends that play them and so being able to enjoy some company. Examples of those are Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Dead Rising and Call of Duty. I mean, i play Call of Duty, what could be more mainstream than THAT!? D8 ....Eh, Skyrim maybe. The internet loves that game D: lol

I guess the most "obscure" game series i follow are Metal Gear Solid, .Hack and Tekken.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Games I'm playing right Now I'm not listing the whole list of what I play it's just too long

Suikoden IV

Persona 4: golden

God eater burst: 3rd play through

Ar tonelico 2 and 3

Tales of graces F

And of course

Mana khemia alchemists of al revis
.hack-fan7

Post by .hack-fan7 »

i tend to follow square - enix mostly although ff 11-13... :( :( :(
the other titles they produce are good,
uhh Tomb raider,
Zelda.. wooot although i only played the ocarina of time on n64 fairly recently, very cool. i think i played the gameboy ones first...
pokemon... i say that 1/2 serious for i tend to get bored cos they're really the same game with different pokemon over and over again, i loved pokemon blue aaaages ago, i couldn't get enough of it... lol.
kingdom hearts... also 1/2 so many different extras and stuff honestly i havent been keeping an eye on this recently... :shock:
metal gear solid... ive played the first 3 but not the others... the old man thing was a bit of a distraction, i'm sure ill get around to it one day lmao.

actually the new tomb raider just came out i think... :D i watched a preview thing on youtube, holy crap poor lara shes like getting scared to death.
she almost drowns, gets wacked over the head, almost burnt to death, falls like 10 metres to the ground, chased by a creepy dude and almost crushed like 20 times in a collapsing cave all in the first five minutes!! :shock:
Candy Euphoria

Post by Candy Euphoria »

As far as series go, I would say..

Final Fantasy.
Breath of Fire.
Lunar.
Grandia.
Shin Megami Tensei.
Dragon Quest.

I played a lot more than that but I can't think of any more at the moment!
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I've quit a lot of series over the years but the ones that I've always stuck with are

Mass effect
Ratchet and clank
Tales of
Ys
Kingdom hearts
Trails in the sky ( only the first but I'm sold in the rest already)

That's it now. Not enough time for a lot of stuff now so I had to dwindle my list down drastically.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

I'm really into fire emblem lately
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Dark Souls
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Guild Wars 2
 Pogeyman

I really had to cut back on anything game-related because of my uni course's workload. life sure is fun~
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Disgaea
Metal Gear Solid
Killzone
Gravity Rush (I'm hoping they make a second)
Mass Effect
databug

Post by databug »

for me i play a few

Ridge Racer
Command & Conquer
Mega Man
EveryBodys series (Golf, Tennis.etc)(hotshots in the USA)
Metal Gear
Assassins Creed
Pokemon
Ace Combat

and of coarse the .hack// series of games and tie ins
ZeroWalker

Post by ZeroWalker »

far to many but I can name I few.

Pokemon
Command and & conquer
Heroes of might and magic
Mega man
Final fantasy
Atelier series got far to many game to name them all
star ocean
rune factory
to name a few
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Pokemon (all gba, ds adventure games. Not those mystory dungen and rangers, I'm not liking those much.)
DMC(only played so far DMC1 DMC3 and new DMC5 I think-dmc5 I mean where you wake up as Dante with short hair and naked when Kat knocks on the trailer door.)
Metal Gear Solid and Rising Revengance
Halo
Metroid
Anime games- .hack, WArms, at one time Eureka Seven vol. 2, and only Final Fantisy 5 I think, I'm not much of a big fan like everyone else though
And Black OPS 1 and 2. Blackops 1 was given back to my friend.

And no, I don't have xbox live yet again, my aunt ( who I live with and want to go to my mom's) won't even let me play video games anymore. I have to sneek my dses into my bed and under my pillow at night, until like 1:00AM.