Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Re: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Post by TheEnigma »

Kaori wrote:Something just came into mind, how long did it take to release the game in english? As in how long did it take Xseed to localize it?
well i heard it was about a year to almost 2 years i think that it took to translate it.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

TheEnigma wrote:
Kaori wrote:Something just came into mind, how long did it take to release the game in english? As in how long did it take Xseed to localize it?
well i heard it was about a year to almost 2 years i think that it took to translate it.
Since SC is twice as big then it might really take a while....
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yeah some people estimate like 3-4 years at the least, but im optimistic and think they have to be around halfway done at the very least. I mean they have been working on it since they finsihed the first and that itself was a year ago so who knows though...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Do you even think it will be released on the PSP? Or will it be ported to Vita.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Honestly? I hope to god it is released physically on the psp. Chances are slim though, but hey who knows. But it will not be ported to Vita unless Falcom does so themselves in house. Xseed is just a small team of translaters mainly, with no inhouse programmers so it would be impossible for them to do it themselves. Theres also the chance we could get the series on Steam, but we also lose some of the extras the psp versions have. And Zero/Ao were created for the psp and the Zero port for the PC is horrible from what I heard. So to me personally would be to try and get SC out soon before the death of the psp. but hey who knows? I mean they can still release the game both physically and digitally (if falcom fixes the problems with getting SC on Psn) and if they do then people with psps and vitas can play the game and hopefully that would warrant us enough time to get TC then xseed can move on to the Vita an release Zero/Ao and the new Nayuta.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Psp please. Only Falcom can do a port to Vita, but it'll be weird to port SC, but not FC or TC? Really want a retail release too. Then they can do Zero, Ao no Kiseki and Nayuta on Vita.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zerokoolpsx wrote:Psp please. Only Falcom can do a port to Vita, but it'll be weird to port SC, but not FC or TC? Really want a retail release too. Then they can do Zero, Ao no Kiseki and Nayuta on Vita.
They ported some PSP games into the PS3......
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Ken Barry of XSEED offered the following information at E³...
"We will likely be announcing sequels to a couple other titles that we've released in the last year or two," he said. "Maybe in the next month or two."
Vita, Steam, 3DS... all of the above? (Though I don't know if Trails will ever appear on a non-Sony platform besides PC.)
http://kotaku.com/5918572/heres-a-frien ... u-rpg-fans

Not good news for the psp, but news none the less. Looks like SC could be ported to Steam. If they do, at least do FC with it.
Gonna have to start all over on PC? Arghhhhhhh /rage
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I dont think its over yet, they're porting ff3 from ds into the psp, although the release of gungnir is not a good sign, lets just hope for the best, because there is no way I am getting a steam account.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Kaori wrote:I dont think its over yet, they're porting ff3 from ds into the psp, although the release of gungnir is not a good sign, lets just hope for the best, because there is no way I am getting a steam account.
Why not? Its free?
I hardly play on Steam nowadays.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zerokoolpsx wrote:
Kaori wrote:I dont think its over yet, they're porting ff3 from ds into the psp, although the release of gungnir is not a good sign, lets just hope for the best, because there is no way I am getting a steam account.
Why not? Its free?
Two reasons:
1: I tried to install it, my laptop wont let me.
2: I want to finish the journey where I started it.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Kaori wrote:
zerokoolpsx wrote:
Why not? Its free?
Two reasons:
1: I tried to install it, my laptop wont let me.
2: I want to finish the journey where I started it.
Me too! Just dropping a platform in favor of another because of technical issues. Some people would double dip and get FC and SC on Steam. I just felt like Xseed has left their fans hanging out to dry on the psp. It's a shame if it did happen.
We'll find out in a month or two.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

So any news Zero?
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Kaori wrote:So any news Zero?
Nothing yet. I'll post any updates once I get them. Just found out that Xseed only has 2 translators, so that would explain why it going at a snails pace. All I can say is maybe next month?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Xseed did release unchained blades on PSN, gonna buy it next week to show my support.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Its a pretty fun game. I like it which is surprising since Im not a fan of first person dungeon crawlers at all but this one is keeping my attention. Albeit, I'm only playing in short bursts, only an hour or 2 max every few days, but definitly get it to support Xseed, they need all the help they can get and hopfeully with the release of unchained they will be able to get a little more money to hopefully get SC onto a platform to everybodies liking.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Its a pretty fun game. I like it which is surprising since Im not a fan of first person dungeon crawlers at all but this one is keeping my attention. Albeit, I'm only playing in short bursts, only an hour or 2 max every few days, but definitly get it to support Xseed, they need all the help they can get and hopfeully with the release of unchained they will be able to get a little more money to hopefully get SC onto a platform to everybodies liking.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Falcom may be expanding its Legend of Heroes series to non PlayStation platforms shortly. A seasonal company report on Falcom at Toyo Keizai's investor resources page says "The Kiseki series has been limited to PSP, but starting next term it will be offered on 3DS and a variety of other targets." ("Kiseki" is the Japanese name for the line of Legend of Heroes games that includes Trails in the Sky).

I'm too cheap to pay the ¥3,500 quarterly fee to access Toyo's financial reports, so I haven't verified if the quote, which appears at Game Jouhou, is actually at the site. Those with access can see the report here.

The latest PSP installment, Nayuta no Kiseki (which does away with the Legend of Heroes name), is due for release on July 26. The franchise is also coming to PlayStation Vita through an updated port of Zero no Kiseki.
http://andriasang.com/con1wg/3ds_legend_of_heroes/
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zerokoolpsx wrote:
Falcom may be expanding its Legend of Heroes series to non PlayStation platforms shortly. A seasonal company report on Falcom at Toyo Keizai's investor resources page says "The Kiseki series has been limited to PSP, but starting next term it will be offered on 3DS and a variety of other targets." ("Kiseki" is the Japanese name for the line of Legend of Heroes games that includes Trails in the Sky).

I'm too cheap to pay the ¥3,500 quarterly fee to access Toyo's financial reports, so I haven't verified if the quote, which appears at Game Jouhou, is actually at the site. Those with access can see the report here.

The latest PSP installment, Nayuta no Kiseki (which does away with the Legend of Heroes name), is due for release on July 26. The franchise is also coming to PlayStation Vita through an updated port of Zero no Kiseki.

Better start saving up for a 3DS, it might take a while but it'll be worth it.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Kaori wrote:
zerokoolpsx wrote:

Better start saving up for a 3DS, it might take a while but it'll be worth it.
It would be easier to port to PC since it was originally on PC. If they did it for 3ds, we would hear about it for their japanese version way before we got our version.