Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Re: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Did not know that. I found out how to grind sepith without investing too much time. There are these monsters called Shining Poms in each chapter including the prologue. There equivalent to the Chiros and Shiros in the White Dragon Cave from Lunar Silver Star. Really high defense, dodge and magic defense. Anyway, while I was doing some sidequests in Chapter 1 on my new playthrough, I accidentally ran into them. I used all my S-breaks and killed one. It gave me 30 sepiths of each type!! On top of that, it also drop T-Anklet which prevents freeze and petrify. It gave me a moderate amount of exp, but the sepiths more than make up for it. Real easy way to farm mira if I needed it.
I figured grinding the CP would take too long, so I used the Shadow Spear which has a 20% chance to K.O. a target. Always Initiate the fight with preemptive strike. They usually flee if you don't. My party used Shadow Spear and gaining CP to use S-breaks for maximum results. It eventually dropped the other accessory, Crest Charm which prevents sleep and faint. After an hour of farming, I unlocked all slots for my 3 characters in Chapter 1 with a surplus of 1000+ sepiths of each type. Also killed the West Bose Monster with Shadow Spear. I thought those type of monsters were immune to instant kills.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yes Shining Poms appear in EVERY chapter which are great for farming sepith or grinding levels pretty fast. And yes like you said always initiate a pre-emptive strike. Haha you use the same method I used by having Joshua use shadow spear. The best thing to do is have Joshua use Shadow spear while the other characters all cast Clock up on each other and him, then if Shadow spear fails, flee the battle and try again since if all the Shining pom flee, they disappear from the map until you leave and return a couple times. Its also a good idea to have more than just Joshua with Shadow spear. Estelle can get it I believe...actually most of the characters can use it. So play around with the orbment slots until you get it for each character.
And once you get Joshua to level 27, I believe, killing shining poms becomes so much easier with his second S-Break which targets all enemies on the screen, does massive damage, and I think it has 1o% chance of insta-killing enemies as well. Joshua is literally my favorite character in the game. Hes a freaking monster, minus his somewhat lacking defense.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

So when will the next ones be out? I'm still waiting especially for the third.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Well Xseed, the translators, are slowly chipping away at t second. This is no easy task because SC is apparently 3x times the size and amounf of text than FC which as you know was a lot. Somebody on another board stated that SC has more dialogue and text than FF 13 and 13-2 combined but dont quote me on that. Unfortunately, FC didnt sell as well as Xseed had hoped, so SC is not a priority right now, even though they are slowly translating it. They need to make money in the mean time so they must keep releasing other games as well.
Then we also run into the problem that SC cannot go up on to PSN because its a 2 UMD game, but unlike other 2 UMD games, you are constantly switching between the 2 in the game since half of the game map is on 1 umd, while the other half is on the other umd. This proved a problem for Falcom when they released the game in Japan, and the Japanese version is still, and may never be, up on PSN. Not to mention the dying PSP here in the states. So now Xseed has a dilemna, either release the game on PSP and possibly sell less than FC did, or get the rights to the PC version and release the game on Steam which if you know they have just announced that Ys 3 is up on Steam and they are currently translating...Ys Origin!!!! for steam as well.
So as you can see its tough to say when this game will come out. I myself am optimistic that we will get SC on the PSP by atleast Novemeber, hopefully sooner. The best thing to do is spread the word for FC and get people to buy the game new, or a digital copy, or from Xseed's store themselves, that way it sends a message that people will buy SC and also give them the money they deserve from this masterpiece.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Figured it would be easier for a digital copy. Just checked the JPN PSN/SEN store. No 2nd Chapter. So it'll have to be physical copy.

Instead of mindlessly putting orbments in like I usually do, paid attention to what those lines go. Realize Olivier orbments are really good. He can be a healer, mage and the only character to use either Saint, Titanic Roar, or Volcanic Rave in FC. His orbment is one long line lol. Same with Kloe, but she requires 3 water orbments. Everyone else is either too restricted or has too many lines. Agate's orbment is crap. Three lines.
I have Joshua's ultimate weapon and at the final dungeon. What was your party at the end? On my first playthrough, I had Zane and Tita. Couldn't taunt the boss, but Tita's S break is OP. I'm using Olivier and Agate. Some people recommended Scherazard due to her crafts, but we'll see.
I had Joshua with White Gehenna at chapter 2 and Estelle with Aerial lol. Those aoe spells are a life saver.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I finally finished the game! Now for new game+.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

My final party was Joshua Estelle, Agate and Zane due to them being tank characters. I didnt really know who to go in with and I used them for the whoole final dungeon so I could powerhouse my way through it. And actually I am pretty sure that Estelle atleast can obtain Titanic Roar. Actually I am almost 100% positive she can but idk Ill have to check it again. And yes, White Gehenna is hands down my favorite orbment skill in the game. It is such a lifesaver. I would normally place it around my characters towards the end when I thought I would get surrounded. And Schera is only good because she has an ability that that speeds up characters turn orders.

And good job Kaori!! What did you think of the game?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

TheEnigma wrote:My final party was Joshua Estelle, Agate and Zane due to them being tank characters. I didnt really know who to go in with and I used them for the whoole final dungeon so I could powerhouse my way through it. And actually I am pretty sure that Estelle atleast can obtain Titanic Roar. Actually I am almost 100% positive she can but idk Ill have to check it again. And yes, White Gehenna is hands down my favorite orbment skill in the game. It is such a lifesaver. I would normally place it around my characters towards the end when I thought I would get surrounded. And Schera is only good because she has an ability that that speeds up characters turn orders.

And good job Kaori!! What did you think of the game?
it was brilliant, so when is the rest coming out? Or even better, when is zero no kiseki coming out?
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Unfortunately there is still no release date or confirmation if the game will come ouat this point. The sequel SC is 3 times as large as this game and it has more dialogue than FF 13 and 13-2 combined! And Zero will not likely get a release here unless we get SC and the Third.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

well it would be nice if they all make it because I heard zero no kiseki is getting a PSVita port.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yes it is with full voice overs as well. And Falcom just announced Nayuta no Kiseki which roughly translates to Trails of Infinity I believe. But anyway since the stories for Zero and Ao expect the player has played the Sora Trilogy then it would be kinda pointless if they just skipped ahead and gave us Zero instead of SC and TC. But I know that we will definitly get SC at the least since Xseed is still translating it and it would have been a huge waste of resources and time if they end up not releasing it.

For the mean time you guys should try out the s games that Xseed released for the Psp. Awesome games. Complete opposite of Trails though where Trails is equal to story over gameplay and Ys is gameplay over story.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'm pretty sure I started an oath in felghana thread, I've got the ark of napishtim and 7, or I could just get the entire Sora no kiseki on pc, after all that's how I first got the games, besides I've yet to finish skyrim.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I myself just ordered Ys 1 and 2 Chronicles for the PSP and plan on getting Oath and 7 shortly. I'm kinda on the fence about getting VI yet for the PSP but I heard the load times aren't as bad as everybody make them out to be on a PSP-2000.

And Xseed has been hinting at releasing future Trails titles via PC or Steam, but that in itself poses another problem. Zero/Ao were psp exclusives so they would have to be ported by Falcom themselves. Zero WAS released on PC by a second party but it was full of glitches I heard. Hopefully though Xseed can get SC and TC out before the death of the PSP so we can get Zero/Ao/Nayuta for the Vita in the future.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well I could play the previous legend of heroes games for PSP, and I cannot wait for the Sora no kiseki anime.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Watch out for the anime! It basically covers nothing from FC and has huge spoilers for SC and some from the Third. Only watch it after you have played through the games because it basically covers .01% of the games plot.

And regarding the legend of heroes games for the psp, those are part of the Gahgarv trilogy. Unfortunately Namco destroyed the games when they brought them over here. The games were horribly translated, the combat was changed and the titles were messed up causing confusion on the continuity of the games. They were released like this here:
LoH: Tears of Vermillion
LoH 2: Moonlight Witch
LoH 3: Song of the Ocean (dont quote me on this title though)

But in reality the actual release of the games and titles should have been:
LoH 3: Moonlight Witch
LoH 4: Tears of Vermillion
LoH 5: Ocean whatever...

So as you can see Namco...sucks as always.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I heard about how one of the old Legend of Heroes game sequel came out before the first one. Messed up the continuity. How the hell did that happen?

I finally beat Lorence on Nightmare. That guy is brutal. Everything is pretty easy until I hit chapter 4. Enemies hit for 400+ damage with my best gear equipped. Anyway, I'm finally at the final dungeon. Got Estelle's ultimate weapon. Gonna try Kloe and Schera just to see the dialogue at the end. Impede 3 is actually really good. I don't know if it works on S-crafts, but it works on normal attacks. Shame its only one per playthrough. I had cloak on all the time and just fast forward the dialogue. Completed my recipe book, but didn't bother with the monster guide.

Finally beat the last boss on Nightmare. It was one Epic fight, the boss was down to a pixel of health and my party was all low hp except for Kloe. He did his Annihilation move. I go all out with my characters. Everyone dies except for Kloe. She has 105 hp. Boss readies Annihilation again! Wtf. I cast Blue Impact and do 566 damage. Kill him off while hanging onto a thread. Cutscene occurs and everyone is back with 1 hp except for Kloe. I laughed!

I don't know how to survive the last boss if it wasn't for Kloe's Impose. I didn't die the whole game until the final boss. Got to the last form and died a lot. No way am I'm going to the title screen and starting from my last save.

I know Xseed announced localization for Way of the Samurai 4. My save will be waiting for SC with 368 BP!
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Haha I have yet to play the game on Nightmare. Kinda scared to mainly because of the final dungeon but what helped me against the last boss was Earth Guard/Wall. I just had one character (Estelle with some SPD stat boosts) casting it every turn she got and everybody else just spamming magic, crafts, and S-Crafts. Took me awhile but eventually he was toast! Loved the extra battle at the end you get if your BP rank is 1-5! Just lets you pwn the crap outta the last boss!! God I love this game so much.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

any news about SC? I'm kinda tired of having to bear with Olivier all over again.... What a hippie....
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Sill no news unfortunately :( The only information that XSEED can release about the game is that they are slowly chipping away at its massive 3 million characters...which will take awhile. Not to mention they run into the problem of not being able to release it on PSN and the dying psp sales. So yeah...the future isn't to Bright for this series in my opinion. I am hopeful that we atleast get SC to finish off Estelle and Joshua's story...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

So any tips regarding Orbments? Because I always put them on randomly.