*spoilers* who is the best final boss you have ever faced?

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

What the...???

*spoilers* who is the best final boss you have ever faced?

Post by What the...??? »

Spoiler zone for all sorts of game.

the final boss battle for me has always been one of the most importent parts of a game in my opinion. it's what all your skills have been training you for and it is what stands between you and the ending. so i was wondering. name your favorite final boss and also explain why you liked the battle so much. please select from bosses you have actually faced
note: it dosn't have to be from your favorite game.

once agian SPOILER WARNING.

jet black: veiwtiful joe 2.

this was one of my favorite battles of all time. the music was amazing. the boss design was great. not only did he look awsome but the style of combat was very personal. you could fight him in multiple ways rather than just finding a stratagy then rinseing and reapeting. althought he did have a pattern to his overall battle the attacks he used were mostly random. he also slowed down time and falling speed wich forces you to ajust the rang of your red hot kicks. the battle was decent in leangth too. all around a very impressive final boss especially on higher difficultys were he has a boomarang sheild.
ptolemy66t

Re: *spoilers* who is the best final boss you have ever faced?

Post by ptolemy66t »

dont really have one well i just cant remember the name of it lol ; ;
Reon

Post by Reon »

Ganon in both A Link To The Past and Ocarina Of Time
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

The Final Boss in the Dragon Quest VIII
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

I.B.I.S.
Armored Core 3: SILENT LINE.
Special Ending Only!

Literally, it you think you can beat him, he is like an AC4 mech highly tuned and has ALOT more destructive force. If you havent beaten him in the first 30 seconds of the match you WILL lose. He's fast, powerful, and could probably take out Wing Zero with an arm tied behind his back. You literally need to doover 18000 damage to him in such a short amout of time, all the while trying to keep up with him, in order to win you'd have to be the god of armored core, thus the saying came aboutin the franchise: "In the myth, God is force."
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yo' Momma!

AKA Bowser.
Skeith13

Post by Skeith13 »

Kyero Fox wrote:The Final Boss in the Dragon Quest VIII
Definetly, this guy. This battle took me around 2 f****** hours to beat then I find out he really isn't the last boss in the game.
baysrd07

Post by baysrd07 »

damn... hard choices...

To be honest, it's a three way tie between Skeith in .hack//Infection, Sephiroth in FFVII, and Master Albert from Megaman Zx Advent
Reasons:

Skeith - One of the best challenges of a boss I've ever had in a ps2 game at the time.
Sephiroth - Sorry, I'm a slight fan of the 'anti-hero' idea... that and that seven foot long blade kicks ass lol :-D
Master Albert - I still have yet to beat this guy... simply because I'm not bad, but not real good either at Megaman games. Those damn spike blocks keep reforming while I'm trying to move past them in the room before his... :-(
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

baysrd07 wrote:damn... hard choices...

To be honest, it's a three way tie between Skeith in .hack//Infection, Sephiroth in FFVII, and Master Albert from Megaman Zx Advent
Reasons:

Skeith - One of the best challenges of a boss I've ever had in a ps2 game at the time.
Sephiroth - Sorry, I'm a slight fan of the 'anti-hero' idea... that and that seven foot long blade kicks ass lol :-D
Master Albert - I still have yet to beat this guy... simply because I'm not bad, but not real good either at Megaman games. Those damn spike blocks keep reforming while I'm trying to move past them in the room before his... :-(
I LIKE THIS GUY!
Skeith was an amaing boss fight! It got my heart pumping and the fact that he has that amazing music helps. But he isnt that godlike, at most he is an archangel with a holy weapon.

I was actually dissapointed by the Sephiroth battle, I beat it at level 65 without trying, Ruby Weapon was harder.

Master Albert, um I never played the Zx games but if I had the chance I could probably do it because ive beaten all the megaman x games.
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

Sephiroth >.<
Hyuuga

Post by Hyuuga »

Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's True Demon ending. He's a hellhole.
Kiru

Post by Kiru »

Man, what's with you guys and Sephiroth? He was easy as hell.

Anyways, yeah. FF6, Kefka. He pretty much raped.
Oh, and Legend of Dragoon's Malbu Frahma.
What the...???

Post by What the...??? »

Kiru wrote:Man, what's with you guys and Sephiroth? He was easy as hell.

remember it's not about difficulty. it about who you think in the best.
Kiru

Post by Kiru »

What the...??? wrote:
Kiru wrote:Man, what's with you guys and Sephiroth? He was easy as hell.

remember it's not about difficulty. it about who you think in the best.
Oh.
Well, my points pretty much remain valid. Kefka was a crazy ass who ended the game like 30% into it, and Sephiroth.. well, not much to say. He killed a main character and liked his mommy.
baysrd07

Post by baysrd07 »

Kiru wrote:and Sephiroth.. well, not much to say. He killed a main character and liked his mommy.

Huh... well I never heard it mentioned that way before. Personally, the whole 'Mother' thing was all over from what I remember on the Second disk. When the real Sephiroth made his appearance (not the clone that had been running free in the first game) he seemed to be after only one thing... becoming a god at the expense of all other life on the planet and making Cloud's life miserable. If you really think about it, the original Sephiroth just caused her death by manipulating a clone in order to prevent her from stopping Meteor. Looking at it from the movie and then replaying the game (yes, I was that bored one week lol) the Sephiroth clone with the number 1 on it's shoulder kinda reminded me of Kadaj... always crying "mother this", "mother that". Sephiroth was only like that from what I remember for about... a few days (in-game event time) till his big showdown with Zack and Cloud that ended in (depending on if your watching Last Order:FF7 or the cut scenes in-game) Sephiroth either jumping in the Lifestream himself, or being thrown in by Cloud while the Masamune was still stuck in his chest.

((Ok... FF7 rant over with, back on topic :-D))

Other than the three I mentioned last time, I'd have to say my favorite final bosses would have been... hmm...
Bowser (Super Mario 64 ORIGINAL, not the DS port... haven't played it yet)
Manfred Von Karma (man when you beat him in the courtroom (Ace Attorney 1), his reaction is hilarious :-D) Image
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros. 64)
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

The final boss in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I can't remember the bosses name but fighting him as either Soma or Julius was very challenging and fan.
Astra

Post by Astra »

[quote="Kiru"]Man, what's with you guys and Sephiroth? He was easy as hell.quote]

yeah...i'm gonna have to agree with you there. Sephiroth was easy as hell for me too XD
What the...???

Post by What the...??? »

Cless wrote:The final boss in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I can't remember the bosses name but fighting him as either Soma or Julius was very challenging and fan.
chaos for soma.

granber (or something like that) for julius.

both were quite interesting bosses.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

final boss in Dragon Quest VIII not the secret boss.

VEGITA! what does the scouter say about his Poower level...

Irishhack

Post by Irishhack »

I had to think long and hard about this one, becuase there were so many. So i have finaly come up with the answer. Some might remember this, and i hope so:

Lavos - Chrono Trigger. That was the first RPG i ever played, and i remember saving up $75 for it when i was like 12. I mowed lawns. I played that game for ever, and it changed my gaming persona. I learned about combo attacks, and magic. Elemental attacks, and character development. So when i mastered it all, playing through the 60+ hours overturning every stone, i get to Lavos. After the initial fight, i thought i had it won; i was wrong. When its head dissapeared and i jumped down only to find the Lavos Core, i was excited. It had the main center body, then two floating object on both sides of it. I pulled out all the stops! used my favorite tech atk, Luminaries with Crono and my team was, Crono, Frog, and Robo. I did my tripple strikes, and used duel healling with Robo and Frog, faught for what seemed like hours, turned out to be the longest half hour ever. It was so enjoyable, that i played another fourty hours to eperience new game plus, to get all of the extra endings. My favorite!