Sony =/= Capcom :\

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Sony =/= Capcom :\

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Sony and Sony fan's have started a petition to boycott Capcom products due to Devil May Cry 4 going multiplatform. It's a pretty old article so the siqnatures have increase to about 12,000 actualy. Discuss?
Playstation universe wrote:Over 8,500 Sony Fans Boycott Capcom
Added on 03/23/2007.

With the recent announcement of Devil May Cry 4 [DMC4] going multiplatform, Sony fans have started a petition to boycott Capcom products unless the company make DMC4 a PS3 exclusive once again. At the time of writing the petition has over 8,500 signatures.

The site message reads;

"To: Capcom

We (The people that have signed this petition) feel very left out in your decision to make Devil May Cry 4 a Multi-Platform title, and hereby agree to boycott your sale of Capcom affiliated games. This is due to your decision to turn your back on your most faithful gaming company. For years we have enjoyed games, we have reaped the benefits of your committment to Sony. We find it absolutely demoralizing for not only the gamers, but also Sony itself. We want you to know that will not, and should not stand for your actions, and therefore withold our option of buying your product.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned"
Playstation universe wrote:Capcom responds to anti-Capcom petition
Added on 03/27/2007.
Normally an online petition wouldn't actually get any attention. Uncannily enough though, as this one spread around the web it began to mass thousands of signatures.

Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior Director of Strategic Planning & Research responded with, "We are certainly moved that people are so passionate about our products that they would go to such extremes. At the same time we feel that allowing more people access to our content pleases far more people than it displeases (after all, we're not denying Devil May Cry 4 to anyone that was already going to get it). It really is the best decision for the company and for consumers."

Basically - wait until the game comes out and then judge it. Don't refuse to buy it because other people can enjoy it on another platform as well.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

bored people, let them do as they wish, i hate dmc anyway X_X
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

I think this petition, though firmly rooted in the sin of jealousy, is a positive sign of fan loyalty. I too was bothered that DMC4 was multiplatform. I suck at Capcom games, which is why I don't play them all that much, but I was somewhat looking forward to DMC4 as one great reason to get a PS3 over one of the other new systems. I hope this petition is heard by Capcom and they make the game a PS3-exclusive.
Kiru

Post by Kiru »

Translation of fans: WAAAAHH. CAPCOM MADE A BUISNESS DECISION.
Kiru

Post by Kiru »

Zer0 wrote:I think the people who started this are die hard sony fanboys. Personally, I love that DMC4 was multi-platform. If it wasn't going to be, I wasn't going to play it. I'm not paying $600 for an entertainment system.
marthwmaster wrote: hope this petition is heard by Capcom and they make the game a PS3-exclusive.
If that happens, there will be riots in the streets. I PERSONALLY guarentee it.
I'll be bringing rocks, myself. Don't even like Devil may cry that much, but It looks decent. But I like rioting.
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Zer0 wrote:I think the people who started this are die hard sony fanboys. Personally, I love that DMC4 was multi-platform. If it wasn't going to be, I wasn't going to play it. I'm not paying $600 for an entertainment system.
marthwmaster wrote: hope this petition is heard by Capcom and they make the game a PS3-exclusive.
I doubt Capcom will make it PS3-exclusive by looking at recen't PS3 performance(In Japan the wii is outselling the PS3 5 : 1) Capcom would lose a bunch of money if they made it PS3 exclusive again. Yeah if they did make it PS3 exclusive riots wold be all over the streets. Also Capcom doesn't even care about this petition actualy they like it or the fact that people like the game so much they will use such measures.

Sony is just screwed they should just quit with the game and go back to makeing TV's and DVD players. DS is even outselling PSP
PSP: 7 million copies
DS 10-11 million copies
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Zer0 wrote:
Vahn Staffear wrote:
I doubt Capcom will make it PS3-exclusive by looking at recen't PS3 performance(In Japan the wii is outselling the PS3 5 : 1) Capcom would lose a bunch of money if they made it PS3 exclusive again. Yeah if they did make it PS3 exclusive riots wold be all over the streets. Also Capcom doesn't even care about this petition actualy they like it or the fact that people like the game so much they will use such measures.

Sony is just screwed they should just quit with the game and go back to makeing TV's and DVD players. DS is even outselling PSP
DS 10-11 million copies
All I have to say is SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS.
Thats another reason PS3 doesn't sell well :\ Don't they know that we gotta pay taxes when we get our pay checks :0
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

That petition still makes me laugh whenever I hear about it.

It's all a pile of **** written up by fanboys that got desperate when their beloved PS3 lost one of its winning exclusive titles :D

(if you question anything in this post, then you really have to read over the petition again. It's GOOD BUSINESS and PS3 is in no way getting left out)
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Akuta wrote:That petition still makes me laugh whenever I hear about it.

It's all a pile of **** written up by fanboys that got desperate when their beloved PS3 lost one of its winning exclusive titles :D

(if you question anything in this post, then you really have to read over the petition again. It's GOOD BUSINESS and PS3 is in no way getting left out)
Sadly...PS3 fanboys can be just as rapid as Inuyasha fangirls D:
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't personally agree with them, but if I had forked over half a grand for the machine I thought would exclusively play my favorite series, I'd be angry with Capcom for moving it too...
BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

More Importantly though Hopefully MGS4 will be multi-platform. Honestly Hideo doesn't need anymore money but it looks like he could use a new suit every now and then, so if he does have more money then he might get a new suit!!
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Zer0 wrote:
Kuukai wrote:I don't personally agree with them, but if I had forked over half a grand for the machine I thought would exclusively play my favorite series, I'd be angry with Capcom for moving it too...
haha. That's a good point. A lot of people bought the PS3 because their favorite games would only come out on that. And then it's not. I'm sure they must be angry.
DMC 4 was going to be my only reason for getting a PS3 now that I can get it on the 360 that made my job easier. :D

Glad I didn't get that thing for X-Mas.
Jamull

Post by Jamull »

i'm glad i've held off getting a ps3 as well. and lucky for me, my roommate next year has a 360!
DS 10-11 million copies
But Sony doesn't look at it from the standpoint that DS sold 3-4 million more than DS. Instead they see it as "hey we've sold 7 million PSPs--we're doing ok." Just being behind another system by 3 million isn't a reason to leave seven million people high and dry.

On a side note, I own both a PSP and a DS Lite and the DS's games are so much better (can't wait for FF Tactics for both ^^).
Darrcyphfeid

Post by Darrcyphfeid »

[Removed]
Last edited by Darrcyphfeid on Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Darrcyphfeid wrote:Truthfully, they have no right to be mad at Capcom...or Sony. First and foremost, early adopters of any gaming machine enter knowing that nothing is guaranteed, and that they're going to have to put up with any and all bugs that the machine may have. Second, they bought a $600 console with two exclusive games that could be deemed decent -- neither of which were "killer aps." They didn't complain then, they didn't stop themselves from "being the first" to own the machine and all of it's problems. Therefore, it's my belief that what they say now, months later, is completely irrelevant and it's no one's fault but their own.

I'm personally hoping that FFXIII, FFvXIII and MGS4 crossover into multiplatform territory, as well. I'm not buying a PlayStation 3 for a good number of years, and it would be a shame to have to miss out because a company can't keep it's prices in check.

The topic title should definitely be "Fanboy =/= Gamer," though.
Sony is all game for this...they actualy started it and the fanboys took it to the next level. Resistance fall of Man is the best PS3 game I've seen besides DMC4 and MGS4. I hope they multiplatform MGS4 too :D
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

I understand why they might be angry, but that is no reason for a petition. I understand that capcom actually wants to make money, not lose it on a console that many people didn't buy, due to it costing...hmm...$600? Yeah, I got the wii, and then I am getting the 360. Not because I think they are necessarily better, but because they are withing my price range. Yeah, I'm glad they're going multi-platform, I don't want them going bankrupt >>

Not saying they would, but hey :p.