Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
(Phantom) Thief
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 am
Location: The World
Contact:

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by (Phantom) Thief » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Falions wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I think there will be. After all there are those stage plays coming up. My guess would be after March 31 for post G.U. related content, around April for a New World Game announcements, Plus rerelease of .hack somewhere around June 6. And an additional Link related project somewhere in between then.
Do you really think they'll rerelease IMOQ? I feel like because they did the novelization (with additional scenes including Veronica Bain working with Harald) it's not a high priority, but I see all the casual fans on Twitter begging for one anyway. It might've forced them to re-evaluate.
I believe there'll be something. Last time I saw anything CC2 were still planning another fan meeting around June or July which is around the next anniversary for the series. Also like it's been said before if the demand is there Bandai Namco should be able to do something. Though whatever that is is between them. I did think we could organize a massive data gather about the series and work from there but, I haven't really felt out how all of that plan should look. But I was thinking it would involve using the QR code on BN's products and some techniques.

User avatar
Greyoutt
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Greyoutt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 pm

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I believe there'll be something. Last time I saw anything CC2 were still planning another fan meeting around June or July which is around the next anniversary for the series. Also like it's been said before if the demand is there Bandai Namco should be able to do something. Though whatever that is is between them. I did think we could organize a massive data gather about the series and work from there but, I haven't really felt out how all of that plan should look. But I was thinking it would involve using the QR code on BN's products and some techniques.
Hopefully the sales numbers for Last Recode shows Bamco that there is demand to capitalize on. Leaving the series for too long wouldn't be a good idea now that interest has been renewed in it.

It also hurts me inside not knowing anything about what they think of the sales numbers.

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Falions » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 pm

Greyoutt wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I believe there'll be something. Last time I saw anything CC2 were still planning another fan meeting around June or July which is around the next anniversary for the series. Also like it's been said before if the demand is there Bandai Namco should be able to do something. Though whatever that is is between them. I did think we could organize a massive data gather about the series and work from there but, I haven't really felt out how all of that plan should look. But I was thinking it would involve using the QR code on BN's products and some techniques.
Hopefully the sales numbers for Last Recode shows Bamco that there is demand to capitalize on. Leaving the series for too long wouldn't be a good idea now that interest has been renewed in it.

It also hurts me inside not knowing anything about what they think of the sales numbers.
Exactly. I don't want radio silence for another 5 years until Bamco feels generous and tries its hand at .hack again for the 20th anniversary with totally remade IMOQ. Strike while the iron's hot and move this goddamn series forward, I'm exhausted of waiting for years on end!

That said, it seems as though Bamco is doing better financially nowadays with the Dragon Ball IP doing good for them and pumping out more original IPs like Code Vein in comparison to the Link days. Here's hoping they take a chance on .hack too.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by SSJScygoku » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:05 am

Heres praying that the contents of vol 5 will hint to a new installment of .hack going by what some of the Fanbooks have had inside. Some fans have received their copy but we'll need to wait for a translator to either get one or some scans of it ^_^

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Vallen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:26 am

My assumption is that there will be another game, but not right away. Maybe in another 5-years or so. That producer guy and Hiroshi seemed interested in making more when they had that small interview.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by SSJScygoku » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Sounds reasonable given we had to wait till the 15th anniversary though i'll assume they plan to do something with Solatorobo quite soon @.@

^.^ I would be satisfied seeing a re-release/remake of IMOQ,upgraded Versus or even an upgraded LINK on a console to expand the exploring/combat~

User avatar
Greyoutt
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Greyoutt » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:25 am

SSJScygoku wrote:Sounds reasonable given we had to wait till the 15th anniversary though i'll assume they plan to do something with Solatorobo quite soon @.@

^.^ I would be satisfied seeing a re-release/remake of IMOQ,upgraded Versus or even an upgraded LINK on a console to expand the exploring/combat~
If they gave Link the Peace Walker treatment and upped the party limit to three, I would be so happy.

emptyazureskies
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by emptyazureskies » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

I wonder if its possible for them to combine a upgraded (remade) link, versus, guilty dragon, and new world and throw them on a ps4 disc.. Ala kingdom hearts 2.8.. Then all we would be missing is imoq and fragment..

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by SSJScygoku » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Greyoutt wrote: If they gave Link the Peace Walker treatment and upped the party limit to three, I would be so happy.
n_n sounds like something I could get behind, the PSP has limitations and would do much better on a console where they could allow proper Root Town exploration and less menus xD
emptyazureskies wrote:I wonder if its possible for them to combine a upgraded (remade) link, versus, guilty dragon, and new world and throw them on a ps4 disc.. Ala kingdom hearts 2.8.. Then all we would be missing is imoq and fragment..
I would love it if they did, especially if they included Guilty Dragon/New World as bonus content seeing as fans may have missed out or want to replay them :D

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5278
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Kuukai » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Well sadly there's no silhouette countdown so I'm not expecting much from E3. CC2's new "abundant but simple" approach to original game projects is a little disappointing, it feels a lot like their social game phase. It's nice to see familiar imagery and motifs but also kind of heartbreaking.

After Last Recode I honestly see less of a problem with making a port of the first series. It wouldn't be mindblowing but they could crank out something people want. But I think that faced with a choice between that and a full new game they would rather spend the money on the latter.
SSJScygoku wrote:Heres praying that the contents of vol 5 will hint to a new installment of .hack going by what some of the Fanbooks have had inside. Some fans have received their copy but we'll need to wait for a translator to either get one or some scans of it ^_^
If there are any teasers in it I would love to translate some scans. I missed the bus on ordering it although I think I'll be able to find one when I go to Japan later this year.
Greyoutt wrote:If they gave Link the Peace Walker treatment and upped the party limit to three, I would be so happy.
Peace Walker on PSP was actually a great game to begin with though. Rethinking this after taking some time off I think that if they released some new version of Link that was either a social game or mostly pure visual novel, that might be the best way to reuse or build upon the content. Link was great as a .hack visual novel. And switching format would mean you could add the social games.

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Falions » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Kuukai wrote:If there are any teasers in it I would love to translate some scans. I missed the bus on ordering it although I think I'll be able to find one when I go to Japan later this year.
There was a little letter that came with it posted by some Japanese fans on Twitter.
Image

The last paragraph says something like "from now on we'll continue to do our best in pushing this series and CyberConnect2 forward" and thanks fans for making the last year since June 2017 the "colour of .hack."

I really wonder how Bamco feels about Last Recode. Every year I hold out for just an inkling of news, and when I woke up around this time last year to brand new .hack news it was like Christmas morning. Man, I'm depressed. :cry:

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by SSJScygoku » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:47 am

Kuukai wrote:If there are any teasers in it I would love to translate some scans. I missed the bus on ordering it although I think I'll be able to find one when I go to Japan later this year.
I'm sure you'll come across any scans on either FB or Discord, especially now that Rekka's copy has arrived ^.^ I'll keep an eye out for a copy but something tells me there won't be too many around online and the price will be fairly high assuming it ends up in auction with no buy it now due to bidding wars. Hopefully it won't be as difficult to locate as those .hack//Quantum FES volumes or the .hack//G.U.TCB cards xD

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Vallen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 am

A very bad but somewhat accurate comparison to .hack is the mega man franchise. What used to be a popular annual or bi-annual franchise got reduced to guest character appearances in other games, a multitude of spiritual successors in that gaming genre, and HD collections.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5278
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Kuukai » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:27 pm

The letter doesn't seem to be that different from what they always say. I guess all we can do is wait and hope...

I'm surprised Surugaya doesn't have it yet. I think it will eventually be a reasonable price, like Returner or other past buy-the-full-set items.

User avatar
Keyaki
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Delta: Setting Eternity's Night Moon

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Keyaki » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 pm

A very bad but somewhat accurate comparison to .hack is the mega man franchise. What used to be a popular annual or bi-annual franchise got reduced to guest character appearances in other games, a multitude of spiritual successors in that gaming genre, and HD collections.
Hey, it's better than nothing. Last Recode is, literally, a dream come true. One of which I didn't see coming.
After Last Recode I honestly see less of a problem with making a port of the first series. It wouldn't be mindblowing but they could crank out something people want. But I think that faced with a choice between that and a full new game they would rather spend the money on the latter.
A lot of us, especially me, would prefer they do both. Especially IMOQ. But, unfortunately, I think most people want a new game.

Frankly, people say that IMOQ was quite dated. Me? I don't see it. Like at all. I can start up //Quarantine right now and have as much now as I did ten years ago.
Link was great as a .hack visual novel. And switching format would mean you could add the social games.
I agree with you. Link is a great game and a great .Hack game. But I'd prefer they stay away from any more mobile games. I honestly don't know what they doing with that.

emptyazureskies
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by emptyazureskies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 am

Keyaki wrote:
A very bad but somewhat accurate comparison to .hack is the mega man franchise. What used to be a popular annual or bi-annual franchise got reduced to guest character appearances in other games, a multitude of spiritual successors in that gaming genre, and HD collections.
Hey, it's better than nothing. Last Recode is, literally, a dream come true. One of which I didn't see coming.
After Last Recode I honestly see less of a problem with making a port of the first series. It wouldn't be mindblowing but they could crank out something people want. But I think that faced with a choice between that and a full new game they would rather spend the money on the latter.
A lot of us, especially me, would prefer they do both. Especially IMOQ. But, unfortunately, I think most people want a new game.

Frankly, people say that IMOQ was quite dated. Me? I don't see it. Like at all. I can start up //Quarantine right now and have as much now as I did ten years ago.
I mean story wise IMOQ is ageless but visually it could be afforded a bump up to FFXV 4k levels.. If it ends up better looking than the first 3 volumes of last recode.. I could die a happy man.. Only things i would consider changing is when the item completion event starts(after going to delta hidden forbidden holy ground for first time with Blackrose).. And either how many virus cores per data drain(2 instead of 1) or data drain gets one equipment piece and one virus core

User avatar
Airon
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:28 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Airon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:27 am

Keyaki wrote:
A very bad but somewhat accurate comparison to .hack is the mega man franchise. What used to be a popular annual or bi-annual franchise got reduced to guest character appearances in other games, a multitude of spiritual successors in that gaming genre, and HD collections.
Hey, it's better than nothing. Last Recode is, literally, a dream come true. One of which I didn't see coming.
After Last Recode I honestly see less of a problem with making a port of the first series. It wouldn't be mindblowing but they could crank out something people want. But I think that faced with a choice between that and a full new game they would rather spend the money on the latter.
A lot of us, especially me, would prefer they do both. Especially IMOQ. But, unfortunately, I think most people want a new game.

Frankly, people say that IMOQ was quite dated. Me? I don't see it. Like at all. I can start up //Quarantine right now and have as much now as I did ten years ago.
Link was great as a .hack visual novel. And switching format would mean you could add the social games.
I agree with you. Link is a great game and a great .Hack game. But I'd prefer they stay away from any more mobile games. I honestly don't know what they doing with that.
I feel like it's a two way street with whether they do a new game or IMOQ remake. At this point IMOQ is both important to the story but also innaccessible for newcomers. A new game could draw in new fans but people don't like to come into a series half way through. Even if the new game was entirely standalone, the desire to play IMOQ would sprout from the new fans.

On the other hand, a new game can be better designed and wouldn't have to adhere to anything. It can be made from the ground up as a very good modern RPG with a combat system that can be anything like P5's or the MH series or anything else. It's a tough choice.

Doing it the KH way, where the games were updated and rereleased together on home consoles, is perfect for fans new and old but I don't know that CC2 has that money to throw at .hack.

As far as the mobile game series, I think that was their attempt at making bite-size stories for the .hack universe in a financially safe way. Relatively low commitment with a large market. Low expectations for game design and easy to create a story for. Kind of like when Blizzard releases novels for WoW, quick way to keep the story moving briskly.

Lindz
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Lindz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:09 am

Airon wrote:I feel like it's a two way street with whether they do a new game or IMOQ remake. At this point IMOQ is both important to the story but also innaccessible for newcomers. A new game could draw in new fans but people don't like to come into a series half way through. Even if the new game was entirely standalone, the desire to play IMOQ would sprout from the new fans.
Not really sure I'd agree with that so much. G.U. was a soft reboot to pull in peeps that had missed out on original .hack, however since then the stuff thats come afterwards hasn't really done that. More an more the original "The World" feels like its in the distant past and its links to the current story are minimal at best. An if those original games were remade/remastered I'd say it'd be best after an actual new game came out. What they could do is go the Yakuza route an do a prequel (ughhhh!!), fragment I guess? An build an IMOQ remake offa that game afterwards while having a game that actually continues the story right around the corner. Then again, Yakuza 0 sucked imo and I hate prequels so thats verrrrry much a thing I dun actually wanna see happen lol.

User avatar
Airon
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:28 pm

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Airon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Lindz wrote: More an more the original "The World" feels like its in the distant past and its links to the current story are minimal at best. An if those original games were remade/remastered I'd say it'd be best after an actual new game came out.
Honestly each season has basically stood alone in the sense that you didn't need to play older seasons to understand the new stuff. IMOQ isn't needed to understand G.U. and G.U. isn't needed to understand what's happening in season 3. But the depth and legacy is part of what makes .hack interesting. The internal timeline and chain of events, the interconnected characters, the familiar themes all lend itself to worldbuilding. I think out of all of those, IMOQ is strongest. This is two fold because we're able to go through the story as it happens, I too would prefer them avoiding prequel as a main focus.

IMOQ has the bigger story of the Epitaph as a sort of guide for the game's events and a self-insert protagonist allows for more immersion and investment. Honestly, if G.U. had come out before IMOQ, storywise I don't know that I would have been as invested.
I'm definitely glad they did G.U. first to draw more people in, but I feel like they still have to catch the rest of the world up on everything else before they could really move on. I mean everything after LiNK is still JP only (except quantum, but idr much about how important quantum is), so if they do make a fresh main game that follows after Thanatos report, much of the world will not be getting the full experience.

The kingdom hearts method seems like a good one, but again, money T.T CC2 isn't the richest company out there.

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Falions » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Airon wrote:if they do make a fresh main game that follows after Thanatos report
I sighed out loud at the thought of this. Man, how I wish we could just move beyond Thanatos Report already, but now we're stuck in this rut of figuring out how to get the rest of the world involved again. Like you said, KH's method seems to be the only way (they're even going as far as releasing the two compilations with 3 in a special edition) but CC2 is nowhere near as big as SE.

Also, Lindz, what didn't you like about Yakuza 0? As someone who played 1-5 before 0 came out, I thought it was a grand time. I mean, it basically revived Yakuza in the west, so it was doing something right.

Post Reply