.hack franchise plot threads that are still unresolved?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

.hack franchise plot threads that are still unresolved?

Post by Vallen »

I kept up pretty thoroughly with the story and lore of IMOQ as well as GU, but then starting with LINK I kinda dropped the ball. I was wondering if anyone can put together a list of every plot element of the .hack franchise after GU that has yet to be resolved?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: .hack franchise plot threads that are still unresolved?

Post by Erroneous »

LINK + VERSUS = Digitize body and mind rather just mind.
QUANTUM = Comatose minds put to work as computers.
Thanatos = Aura's back and being kept safe and hidden.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Erroneous wrote:LINK + VERSUS = Digitize body and mind rather just mind.
Did the whole "mama" thing get resolved?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Ovan's apparently still missing.
Theres also the 13th Bansyoya file and what it entails.

If Guilty Dragon & New World are canon then surely they'll have left some mysteries behind.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Lindz wrote:Ovan's apparently still missing.
Masato Indou legally changed his name to Kayaba Akihiko, and went to create his own MMORPG, with blackjack and hookers. Well he skipped the blackjack part.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Erroneous wrote:
Masato Indou legally changed his name to Kayaba Akihiko, and went to create his own MMORPG, with blackjack and hookers. Well he skipped the blackjack part.
Yugioh Abridged Reference :yawinkle:
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Theres also the 13th Bansyoya file and what it entails.
If Guilty Dragon & New World are canon then surely they'll have left some mysteries behind.
Vallen wrote:I kept up pretty thoroughly with the story and lore of IMOQ as well as GU, but then starting with LINK I kinda dropped the ball. I was wondering if anyone can put together a list of every plot element of the .hack franchise after GU that has yet to be resolved?
Vallen wrote:
Did the whole "mama" thing get resolved?
Believe it or not (And if I can ever find the link again), there was a description of what happened to Ovan after G.U., that I found on a Japanese Blog that talked about what CC2 covered during one of the .hack//T.E. events. However, I'm not sure accurate the information really is. I also kinda wanted to hold back on saying anything until I either translated it myself to with some sort of mind blowing post on Ovan or finally gave up and handed it over to Kuukai. (I think your right about the Bansyoya File) And why Naviko still isn't ruler of the game is still a mystery for me.

:-) Guilty Dragon:  The One Sin = Secret Wandering AI that has existed since the beginning of the game, Eventually taking the place of Aura, And eventually produces digital copy of self that goes rogue begins causing havoc on the game. **** gets real near the end. All happening while two individuals (sadly I don't remember all the detail) Maria & Luna serve as masterminds behind the event with three certain victims who would become core protagonists of .hack//NEW WORLD

Mama - I think bullet is still going over it. But they're pretty much disbanded by Thanatos. David took out their original boss and his partner from their splinter faction. Sophia =  Mass Produced Clones of Aura Doubling as a Security System. Why the project was stopped.

Unknowns
AIKA!!!!!
Helba
Algiers
Jun Bansoya
Collector Q
Monoreal
Emma Wielant
Veronica Brain
Crying Princess (Hey the game's not finished >.<)
Smith (*darts eyes*)
The final fate of Harald Hoewick (Dude is still stuck in the game technically)
MOMI-G *cries eyes out*
Cubia XXXX - from the main timeline
Beast of Apocalypse from the main timeline
8 Epitaph Users From Original R.A. Project
Originator of Pluto's Kiss (The four year old kid that came after Yuri Seto)
Fate of the Twilight Knights after, After 2021
Why Zelkova needed those virus cores at the end of .hack//G.U.
Naviko Xth after Guilty Dragon
The Unicorn AI from .hack New WORLD and its connection to DD.
The disappearance of Durga Fida Sharma
The mysterious silhouette in the New World events. I know its Genius but there's more to than that.
And finally just how deep the rabbit hole really goes.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

With Bullet and New World over I was remembering this thread an got to wondering:

Did/Does CC2 have an endgame in mind?

Leaving some stuff unresolved for the sake of mystery or future development is all well an good. But overall just how many games/sagas were they intending with .hack and the whole online game affecting the real world stuff? Theres a long history of stories in just about any medium ending without closure due to various reasons. Somehow I feel like New World / N.U. wouldn't have been the end of things even if it hadn't gotten shuttered. An that kinda gives the impression they were gonna keep on at it until the well dried up without regard to overall story? Re-reading the posts here kinda makes it feel that way, what with how theres so many characters/things unlikely to be touched on again.
(Phantom) Thief

Well if they needed an ending point Link and Guilty Dragon were definitely their opportunity. I mean the game was temporarily destroyed at the end of Guilty Dragon. But I think the feeling is something like so long as fans want it to continue and Namco Bandai supports it we can keep going. Which might not be a bad thing in the long run. Just depends over how they handle it.

Also while we're at the thread Navico reappears after New World. So that was something resolved. I think Bullet likely handled a few things as well. But I'll have to wait to find out. And what Crying Princess is was explained. Also AIKA will probably end up self repairing. And the plot with MOMI-G is technically over. But it left a bitter feeling since I'm tired of AI's getting axed. Also on a side note I haven't seen anyone mention it but it looks like New World was supposed to end this early since I remember their being an article comparing how they wanted to run their service to fragment. So maybe there's some hope. I do like that the series is getting better with connecting the game to real world though.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:But I think the feeling is something like so long as fans want it to continue and Namco Bandai supports it we can keep going. Which might not be a bad thing in the long run. Just depends over how they handle it.
Its bad when the support drops and the story end with no closure! They coulda ended the whole "The World" is borked to all heck thing yet still continued on making new stories in the same universe. I don't feel the whole "you're playing a game in a game" was the only hook the series had, so doing games set purely in the real world woulda worked for me.

Visual Novel written by Bear, illustrated by Piros
Action game following the career of David
Cooking Mama: Mistral Edition
Theme Park with a "The World" skin
And of course stuff with completely all new characters!

All with name dropped stuff in the background like ads for the game, or Racheal & Nuke's shows, or the cat toilet v10.00...
Falions

Post by Falions »

Lindz wrote:
Visual Novel written by Bear, illustrated by Piros
That sounds like so much fun. Maybe even an actual novel version of Annwn?
(Phantom) Thief

So a new question for an old topic. What unresolved plot points do you feel will be answered with the new HD remaster and its Additional Elements.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I would guess stuff to do with the real world, since supposedly we'll see Haseo's player irl
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ or how Mecha Grunty will save The World R:2~

I'd like them to expand on Natsume, what the heck has she been upto xD
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

While not unanswered it'd be nice if they addressed the Sora/Haseo thing in the game. That being a databook-only thing is so dumb.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Lindz wrote:While not unanswered it'd be nice if they addressed the Sora/Haseo thing in the game. That being a databook-only thing is so dumb.

Well considering the basis of the RA Pllan rooted in with happened with Sora and Skeith at the end of //SIGN and how Jun mentioned this in his video diary, not sure what needs to be addressed. But then again, they could probably show more references to his past life considering not everyone has watch //SIGN.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

.hack//link not having third manga volume is something that's unresolved.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

It got canceled.
(Phantom) Thief

Keyaki wrote:
Lindz wrote:While not unanswered it'd be nice if they addressed the Sora/Haseo thing in the game. That being a databook-only thing is so dumb.

Well considering the basis of the RA Pllan rooted in with happened with Sora and Skeith at the end of //SIGN and how Jun mentioned this in his video diary, not sure what needs to be addressed. But then again, they could probably show more references to his past life considering not everyone has watch //SIGN.

Well Ito did something for 8 dimensional thoughts, so hopefully they have him back as a scenario writer for the series. But hey wouldn't be even more dope if Haseo met Carl. not that its gonna happen but as I said, dope.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Ehh....not really much. I mean very little people outside of Japan know much/if any about Carl. Haseo included. Having her inserted into the game all of a sudden would be incredibly weird and leave player confused.