cc2 is opening new studio

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

cc2 is opening new studio

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Woah, didn't see this one coming. what do you guys think?

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/26/c ... al-studio/
k-su

Re: cc2 is opening new studio

Post by k-su »

They also teased a new game. I'm linking the topic since I don't want this to overtake this thread's topic: http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=19864

Anyways, I think it's great to see they are expanding and it sounds like they're trying to stick to their roots while appealing to the world at large. This bodes well for gamers outside of Japan and with them self-publishing, maybe they won't have to deal with meddling from outside companies so much.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Self-publishing has given me some hope. Means they won't have to rely on Bamco anymore.
As for the new studio, it's in the province over from me. Maybe I'll send them a letter! One time I sent an e-mail to the Japanese fan inquiries, and never got a response (not that I expected one).

Their new game, albeit not .hack, looks interesting too. Even if I have an undying thirst for new .hack content, CC2 always makes really original and fun games when they do release them every now and then. I mean, Asura's Wrath is by no means a good game, but it's a fun game. I could say the same about Grasshopper Manufacture's (and subsequently Suda51's) games too, but that's why they're my favourite developers.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

The two screenshots have Kite-looking characters, but that's just me being paranoid. I really hope the self publishing will allow them to continue .hack (since Namco has no interest in it)

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Falions wrote:Self-publishing has given me some hope. Means they won't have to rely on Bamco anymore.
I think this is the biggest thing I am enjoying from this. If they are successful with self publishing, the possibilities are endless.(well, not quite, but you get what I mean)
Falions

Post by Falions »

Falions wrote:Self-publishing has given me some hope. Means they won't have to rely on Bamco anymore.
I think this is the biggest thing I am enjoying from this. If they are successful with self publishing, the possibilities are endless.(well, not quite, but you get what I mean)
Time to buy whatever comes out of this Project Venom on every platform! Gotta support them somehow.
Honestly I have never done stuff like that before, but with CC2 I am so tempted to buy whatever Naruto game when it comes out just so I can support them.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Falions wrote: Time to buy whatever comes out of this Project Venom on every platform! Gotta support them somehow.
Honestly I have never done stuff like that before, but with CC2 I am so tempted to buy whatever Naruto game when it comes out just so I can support them.
lol exactly. for me I'd buy Xbox and pc version. those naruto games btw imo are actually really good.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Avatar_Crim wrote:Those naruto games btw imo are actually really good.
Ugh, storm 4 is sooo broken and glitchy, they dropped the ball with it.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Vallen wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:Those naruto games btw imo are actually really good.
Ugh, storm 4 is sooo broken and glitchy, they dropped the ball with it.
That is the only I haven't played. So I guess I should have phrased it better. :P
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Oh, a game studio is opening a- wait a minute......

Post by Avatar_Crim »

lol. haha.