I think I figured it out! **massive spoilers I guess**

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Ruusu

I think I figured it out! **massive spoilers I guess**

Post by Ruusu »

First off, there's gonna be a few spoilers here I guess, so if you haven't experienced the .hack saga in its entirety, then I urge you to do so right now. (I mean, come on, who hasn't by now?)

I'm going to begin by saying that I love .hack and I never want it to end. It's not officially over just yet and there will definitely be more to come and hopefully some sort of proper re-release of everything in the future so more people can experience The World. I have always been drawn to .hack since day 1 when I seen SIGN on Toonami about 14 years ago. I was always ecstatic to learn more about this series and I've revisited each and every installment time and again. Almost every time I've played/watched/read this series I always pick up on something new that changes my perspective. There are a lot of minor subtleties that I believe often go overlooked in this series. I've recently been going through the entire series again, but with a more scrutinous eye to detail. I have always believed that there has been something in this series that we're not told about. At least, not at first glance, or without a little digging. I've always been trying to dig a little bit deeper to find out what exactly is there.

.hack is clearly steeped in occultism. Almost everything symbolizes something of mythological or occult relevance. There was just one thing that I felt was missing... something that I knew had to be there in this series, symbolized in one form or another somewhere. Something we're not exactly told about. I feel like there's a clue in every piece of this series and I've been trying to connect all of the dots to make sense of the overall message. Or, I've just been looking for something that's not there. A common theme in this series, but it might make sense for them to actually hide something between the lines, or it could just be a misconception on my part. However, I recently came across something that just clicked and made me rethink about this series. That's the whole purpose of this post, of course. I feel like I have to share my opinion.

What is the point of .hack? Rhetorical question. We obviously know what this series is about, but do we? Do we really? I will not get into the amounts of occult symbolism portrayed in this series, as much of that has been done before. I will, however, elaborate on a certain key element that's always talked about but not wholly known about. I'm sure you can guess what that is... The Key of the Twilight. Now, before you lambaste what I'm about to say, I want you to think critically and analyze every single bit of information that this series gives you. What I've learned from .hack is to never assume you know the answers, but you must actively engage yourself to find the answers. That's what makes this series so fun! :) I'm going to tell you right now that the Key of the Twilight is real. It is. It's a real thing and I think I found out the answer to the riddle that is .hack. And I did so unintentionally. This is something I came across that somehow clicked in my consciousness to the point where I just had to share this theory.

Of course, by now we know what the Key is by what the canon story tells us. But do they tell us everything about it? I don't think so. I believe there is more to the Key of the Twilight than what people actually believe and I don't think most people actually realize what it is, or could be. There have always been clues to its existence hidden in the text of this series. Ovan stated that it had many forms, so we know that it isn't just one thing in "The World." The Key can't be just Aura, or the Eight Phases, or even Kite's bracelet. What we do know, that's given, is it is the key to overturning everything in this world. What if they're not talking about "The World" but our world? The Key of the Twilight is the key to overturning our world. Who is trying to overturn our world and what is Twilight? I believe, if you've played Link, you will know the answer to that. We know there is a secret organization that is trying to digitalize humanity and place them into a virtual environment in order to inhibit the environmental crises that man creates, right? Right. So, I believe, the members of this organization were obviously the original people to search for the Key of the Twilight, in order to bring about their ultimate goal, the complete digitalization of humanity, also known as Twilight. But what exactly is this key? And how is it possible for them to use this key to overturn the world and bring about Twilight? The Key can be many things in "The World" but is one thing in reality, which I will get to later. The reason why I think it is what it is might shock you, but it's all a fun theory, nonetheless!

If the Key was so important in the first version of "The World," enough for the engraving on the sword, don't you think they would try to hide subtle clues of its actual existence in R:2? If the Key is something in "The World," there has to be clues of its existence somewhere. The Key of the Twilight, if it could overturn everything, wouldn't it be synonymous with godlike power? That's what got me searching for clues. What holds the light of the gods in "The World's" mythology?  Chim Chims!
It was the beasts who first discovered the creatures called Chim Chims. When the beasts saw the light of the gods in the Chim Chims they decided to revere them as a legacy of the gods. But the humans captured the Chim Chims to research them and after discovering a way to extract energy from them, used them to invent steam machines. The beasts protested this treatment, but the humans would not listen.
If we know that the Chims Chims are the legacy of the gods, then could it be possible that they contain a clue to the real Key of the Twilight, somehow? I think they might! If they were revered then there ought to be clues in their reverence, right? If you go to Dol Dona and check out the wall paintings on the way to the @home, you might see a familiar little face. The face looks almost like a Chim Chim! Right next to the face, on either side, are three hexagonal shaped dots with light in them. They could be Chim Spheres, with the light of the gods inside them, or they could be symbolizing something else, such as the earth element, being that it's the same Wave symbol. Or, it could even be three adventurers with the light inside them. It could even mean all three of those things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olmoopD-sHY#t=3m11s When a player teleports in "The World R:2" they actually turn into a ball of light, like a Chim Sphere! The loading screen in R:2 even depicts a hexagon dot with light in it moving on a circular axis, which could possibly symbolize the player moving from one place to the next.

Now, why is any of that important? At first glance, it's kinda not. But I feel like it could even symbolize something deeper. What if the players, as in the real life players, also contain the light of the gods, but they just don't know it? The fact is they do, according to the occult. Does anyone here know what the pineal gland is, or what it can supposedly do?
While the physiological function of the pineal gland has been unknown until recent times, mystical traditions and esoteric schools have long known this area in the middle of the brain to be the connecting link between the physical and spiritual worlds. Considered the most powerful and highest source of ethereal energy available to humans, the pineal gland has always been important in initiating supernatural powers. Development of psychic talents has been closely associated with this organ of higher vision.
The pineal gland (also called the pineal body, epiphysis cerebri, epiphysis or the “third eye”) is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces the serotonin derivative melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and seasonal functions. Its shape resembles a tiny pine cone (hence its name), and it is located near the center of the brain, between the two hemispheres, tucked in a groove where the two rounded thalamic bodies join.

Every human being’s Pineal Gland or The third eye can be activated to spiritual world frequencies and enables you to have the sense of all knowing, godlike euphoria and oneness all around you. A pineal gland once tuned into proper frequencies with help of meditation, yoga or various esoteric, occult methods, enables a person to travel into other dimensions, popularly known as astral travel or astral projection or remote viewing.

With more advanced practice and ancient methods it is also possible to control the thoughts and actions of people in the physical world. Yes, it is bizarre, but the United States, former Soviet Union governments and various shadow organizations have been doing this type of research for ages and have succeeded far beyond our imagination.
When activated, the pineal gland becomes the line of communication with the higher planes. The crown chakra reaches down until its vortex touches the pineal gland. Prana, or pure energy, is received through this energy center in the head. With Practice the vibration level of the astral body is raised, allowing it to separate from the physical.

To activate the ’third eye’ and perceive higher dimensions, the pineal gland and the pituitary body must vibrate in unison, which is achieved through meditation and/or relaxation. When a correct relationship is established between personality, operating through the pituitary body, and the soul, operating through the pineal gland, a magnetic field is created.

The negative and positive forces interact and become strong enough to create the ’light in the head.’ With this ’light in the head’ activated, astral projectors can withdraw themselves from the body, carrying the light with them.

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the ’light in the head ’.
Here's a quote from Rudolf Steiner on the pineal gland:
Such supersensible currents in the human organism always express themselves by creating for themselves also a physical material-organ, which we must first regard as a materialization. Thus we have within us an organ, situated in the mid brain, which is the physical material-expression for that which wishes to take the form of a memory-picture; and opposite to this is situated still another organ in the brain. These two organs in the human brain are the physical-material expression of the two currents in the human ether-body; they are, one might say, something like the ultimate indication of the fact that there are such currents in the ether-body. These currents condense themselves with such force that they seize the human bodily substance and consolidate it into these organs. We thus actually get an impression of bright etheric light-currents streaming across from the one to the other of these organs, and pouring themselves out over the human ether-body. These organs are actually present in the human organism. One of them is the pineal gland; the other, the so-called pituitary body: the "epiphysis" and the "hypophysis" respectively. We have here, at a definite point in the human physical organism, the external physical expression of the co-operation of soul and body!
The pineal gland, also known as the third eye, or ajna chakra, is a small pea-sized organ in our brain, which Descartes describes as the "seat of the soul." This should also be where our consciousness is located.

Now, if we know about this, then let's think about the futuristic world that .hack is portrayed in. It's not a very far off future and easily within logical grasp to believe that electromagnetic or BCI technology could somehow affect the pineal gland to allow a person to perceive another reality, while at the same time, render the physical body unconscious. Think of it like we're the Chim Chims and they're harvesting our Chim Spheres for their technology, or something like that. They are hacking our pineal gland, which would be the size of a dot, in order to bring us into a new reality to bring about Twilight. I surmise that the Key of the Twilight is actually the dot hack. They literally hack the players' pineal glands, or dots, so they can bring them into a new dimension to achieve their Twilight. It's not outside the realm of imagination for them to be able to somehow extract the conscious light energy that our pineal glands produce and place it inside of their servers through means of electrical transference.

As for Doubleware users, maybe it's because their conscious minds put out a certain vibrational frequency that resonates with "The World," which is why they were chosen? Being that Tokio and Tanaka were both highly enthusiastic about "The World," maybe their pineal glands were also more in-tune with its desires? I don't know. Something that didn't quite make sense to me was Tokio's weird, X-th form horn, but that could also be third eye symbolism.
The four legged animal with a single horn growing from its forehead is ancient. The first mention of the unicorn was in a book about India in the 4th century BC.

The third eye is an enigmatic appendage having a universal mythological history. It is the horn of the unicorn, it is the middle eye of Shiva, and it is the eye of Horas of Egyptian tradition.
And as for Real Digitalization, being that the pineal gland is the center point for the ether body, and the ether body would envelop the entire physical substance of an organism, what if it were possible to raise the vibrational frequency of the gland high enough to be able to stimulate the entire ether substance and pull it into a network, while also dragging the physical body along with it, or making it disintegrate entirely?
Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Anthroposophy, often referred to the etheric body (Ätherleib or "Life Body") in association with the etheric formative forces and the evolution of man and the cosmos.

Steiner considered the etheric reality or life principle as quite distinct from the physical material reality, being intermediate between the physical world and the astral or soul world. The etheric body can be characterised as the life force also present in the plant kingdom. It maintains the physical body's form until death. At that time, it separates from the physical body and the physical reverts to natural disintegration.
It would also be worth noting I guess that another name for the ether body is aura, or chi, the first three letters in chim.

I feel like I should also talk about AIDA. If the Key is the dot hack, and Aura is the Key of the Twilight, capable of the dot hack, then what can we make of AIDA, which is also capable of a dot hack? If AIDA could affect the players' consciousness as well through the dot hack, then wouldn't that make AIDA a Key as well? If anyone remembers Fidchell's prophecy in Redemption they might recall that AIDA is actually referred to as the "aberrant Key." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP94wS2LHFM So what makes the aberrant Key different from the Key of the Twilight?
Definition of aberrant
: straying from the right or normal way
: deviating from the usual or natural type
Why was AIDA created in the first place? We know that Aura, the Key of the Twilight, went missing. Aura was conscious enough to let humans run their own affairs, which is why she went into hiding, but what if she knew MaMa just wanted to use her, and that was the real reason she vanished? Of course they tried to get her back for the dot hack, but obviously failed at first. Somebody had the idea to create a new Key, capable of the dot hack, AIDA, but it backfired and infected him, causing him to go mad and start a fire, which evidently destroyed the CC Corp. building. What if Amagi was actually the creator of AIDA and he was trying to create a new Aura but it backfired and infected his consciousness, driving him mad? If they made a new Key, and AIDA is it, then what makes this new dot hack different from the original? Instead of taking the conscious light energy outside of the body like the original, this one is actually capable of going into a person, and infecting their minds and bodies. The exact opposite of what the Key of the Twilight would do.

If Aura is the Key of the Twilight, and AIDA is the Aberrant Key, then that means there are two Keys. AIDA fuses with AIKA, so that means AIKA should still be the Aberrant Key. If the power of the Key of the Twilight can pull a person's consciousness out of their body, and if the Aberrant Key can put thoughts or images into a person's consciousness, what would you call a person who uses both Keys? A Doubleware? What if, when Tanaka got trapped inside "The World," AIKA was able to get inside him, much the same way as Tokio? This could explain Tanaka's dreams and Doubleware crest.

One last thing that I want to bring up is the whales in Beyond the World and how they might fit into all of this.
Many myths speak of whales as ancient symbols of creation and originators of life on earth.

Like all the enlightened beings who have and are living on this planet, dolphins and whales, whether we are aware of it or not, have been vital in helping humanity in their evolution to greater consciousness. These creatures have helped to heal, teach, and transform more human lives than any politician or a priest. We can learn much more from them if we learn to hear their language, honor their environment, and treat them with love and respect.
The whales are the ancients, the elders, and are the greatest healers we will know throughout our many journeys and lifetimes upon this planet we call Earth. The whales ask you to call upon them often to realign your auric fields and your organ systems.
What if the whales actually felt an imbalance going on in the earth's auric energy field and they wanted to fix it? Perhaps they are trying to protest, like the beasts in "The World's" mythology? Who knows?

Anyway, that's what I came up with. What do you all think? Maybe I just think far too much about this series but this theory gives a little meaning to the name dot hack. If the Key is really the dot hack, then wouldn't it be great if the ever elusive Key of the Twilight was the name of the series all along? :D Now of course I could be overthinking entirely but I rather enjoy this theory.
Last edited by Ruusu on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Xu Yuan

Re: I think I figured it out! **massive spoilers I guess**

Post by Xu Yuan »

Aside from a lack of paragraph structure in the first part of it, it is an intriguing concept. Using Rudolf Steiner's own words as part of your thesis worked to give credence to your hypothesis. I've never viewed dot hack as being that serious, especially considering that the name dot hackers is given to Kite's party. While Kite had the possibility of doing what you're described (drawing people's consciousness through the penial gland, the "dot" as it may into The World) he never used his abilities to do that. However in the larger part of the mythology there may be some truth to this.

Toward Aura's name being related to the concept, I feel that's just because she's the "Child of Light". Auras and Light often go hand in hand, though not directly connected the two are often paired together.

I feel that much of the connections in real life and "The World" are due to Harald's original plans being lead astray. We know there is something special about the Phase Fields and places that are close to the "core", such as Bitter Fantasy Mirror World. Bear mentions that it's "outside some sort of boundary". And Mimiru starts to have sensations of feeling while in that area.

Human Digitalization is an odd concept, but it's not introduced in //LINK. It was first shown in //Epitaph of Twilight, which is a story about Harald's niece who plays a part in the early versions of //Fragment while she was staying with her uncle. She becomes digitized in some manner. This is presumably also what happened to Harald when he tried to confront Morganna since at first in the mythos we are told that Harald had "gone missing". It is only in the Terminal Disks that Jun mentions that Harald is dead. But I have to wonder what he based that on?

Jyotaro definitely wanted to create a new Key of the Twilight. According to Naobi/Yata he refers to the Key as several different phenomenon. Harald mentions it as "The Key which overturns all is possessed, everything shall unfold." in his plea to reach normal players. The term Key of the Twilight is spawned from that single message. Harald seems to believe the key is Aura, if only judging by his reaction when he hears that Tsukasa may have found it and he mentions no other sense to it.

I believe the revelations that a shadowy group named MaMa has been pulling the strings since the beginning is rather telling. It turns Harald into a sad puppet. We know that Emma is likely still alive under her original name and she must have pushed Harald to create this reality based upon her epic, before she "died". That Dominique repeated the "Aura, the Child of Light!" line that Harald used at the end of Quarantine shows that Emma's persuasions must have triggered a specific mindset in Harald to carry out the tasks of MaMa to a T, while likely not being aware he was being lead along.

The Ouroboros Report really makes dot hack a much darker story than it had been previously.

Your theory is definitely interesting from the more esoteric themes of the series, make no mistake.
Ruusu

Post by Ruusu »

Xu Yuan wrote:Aside from a lack of paragraph structure in the first part of it
Sorry about my lazy formatting :o I just split that massive block of text up a bit to make it a little better to read! ^^
Xu Yuan wrote:Toward Aura's name being related to the concept, I feel that's just because she's the "Child of Light". Auras and Light often go hand in hand, though not directly connected the two are often paired together.
She's still the Child of Light, but what light could they also be referring to? Who ultimately helped give birth to Aura? Tsukasa's light! Tsukasa's conscious light left his real-world body and was trapped inside of "The World," allowing Morganna to feed off of the negative energy it produced, in order to warp Aura and stop her birth. When Tsukasa's consciousness was negative, it impacted Aura negatively, and when it was positive, it impacted her positively. Aura is aura. Tsukasa's aura actually feeds directly into Aura. What if Aura is also capable of collecting human aura and that's the reason MaMa wants her so bad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqdrxJ95uno#t=7m50s
Xu Yuan wrote:I feel that much of the connections in real life and "The World" are due to Harald's original plans being lead astray. We know there is something special about the Phase Fields and places that are close to the "core", such as Bitter Fantasy Mirror World. Bear mentions that it's "outside some sort of boundary". And Mimiru starts to have sensations of feeling while in that area.
Maybe some areas stem directly from Harald's consciousness, which most likely got lost inside "The World?" By traveling to these areas, what if they're actually going inside Harald's mind? His consciousness could be tied directly to the black box, which would be the core of the system, and the black box areas probably appear as soon as Harald's consciousness thinks of it. The eight Phases would also be connected to this black box, obviously.
Xu Yuan wrote:Human Digitalization is an odd concept, but it's not introduced in //LINK. It was first shown in //Epitaph of Twilight, which is a story about Harald's niece who plays a part in the early versions of //Fragment while she was staying with her uncle. She becomes digitized in some manner. This is presumably also what happened to Harald when he tried to confront Morganna since at first in the mythos we are told that Harald had "gone missing". It is only in the Terminal Disks that Jun mentions that Harald is dead. But I have to wonder what he based that on?
I'm aware of the novel but haven't read it yet. That's one of the few things I haven't got to yet. I know the basic gist of the story though. Was she actually able to get Real Digitalized, or was it just her consciousness, like Tsukasa? I've just assumed it was her consciousness. Either way, the fact that this technology would even exist shows where their intent is.

I have a feeling that Ovan may have been Real Digitalized, as well. We know he disappeared without a trace at the end of GU, but he was still inside "The World." Maybe, after he initialized the Rebirth, he actually got Real Digitalized, as well? I really don't know, but it never actually explained where he goes to, does it?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Harald never anticipated the need for anything but the players personality profiles to become catalysts for Aura's growth and eventual awakening. However he did want her to be awoken by the personalities of everyone playing the game, hence she would be a literal amalgamation of "The World"'s PC denizens. Morganna took his system and subverted it to focus on a single PC (first she tried AI copies that failed. I suspect it's because they lack the human "spirit" that was necessary to Aura's growth) and drove this particular PC to the near breaking point before her plan backfired in spectacular fashion.

This brings me to a slight tangent. I always found it so strange that Morganna relied completely on her AI Copies to confuse and confound the party of Tsukasa, Subaru, and Mimiru. I loved this moment because it shows that Morganna hadn't perfected a Mimiru AI and counted her out (not to mention she sort of jumped into the portal at the last moment) and it was Tsukasa who saw through the ploy. But just as Tsukasa figures out the scheme the three reconvene as the field begins to break down and they are immediately brought to Morganna's HQ. (Probably the closest we've ever seen the core of The World.) Here Tsukasa awakens Aura but Morganna doesn't retaliate immediately. She makes heavy threats, but doesn't appear to do anything. My thinking is that maybe she couldn't do anything here? Perhaps Aura had managed to break the field and lead the party to her directly in a last ditch effort to awaken. In addition to this her state of awareness allowed her to suppress Morganna's powers while the awakening process continued. It is notable that Sora is only attacked because he is in the field After Aura had already gated out with the others. I find it likely that Morganna's temporary lockout was removed by this and she took immediate revenge in response.

Back to your main theory... Tsukasa is technically the personality basis for Aura in many respects. Her mind and emotions was what mostly fueled Aura for a six month period.

Aura collecting... well aura is technically confirmed. But it's not as if she's taking people's auras. She's analyzing their emotional data and possibly spiritual data to better her own programming. I do think that MaMa's grand scheme does involve using Aura to Digitalize humanity completely and their test in //LINK were seen as a precursor.

The idea that the Lost Grounds and Legendary Lands are part of Harald's own scattered consciousness is an intriguing thought. It would explain why a lot of new Lost Grounds were discovered between R:1 and R:2 because Harald, as Bear says is likely a "Ghost" in the same manner that Morganna is, he would ever be thinking and in doing so new unique areas could possibly appear. Harald's Black Box data being purely his conscioussness though, doesn't quite work. Mainly because we know Harald was alive and well when he gave the game to CC Corp. for playtesting and the Black Box was already implemented at that time. What it likely does contain is the self-monitoring system along with all of the specifications on the Phases, Vagrant AI's and Epitaph Scenarios. That said it's not impossible that his consciousness eventually was lost within it (with his body likely as well).

I've unfortunately only read snippets about it (I would Love to read the whole thing. I mean it is about Harald's Niece! It barely gets closer to "The World"'s creator than that!) but the first volume appears to end with Harald checking in on her and finding her completely gone. I feel as if this is probably The Most important piece of the mythos we are missing. We get to see an original Epitaph scenario with a living, breathing Harald. Ovan is likely Real Digitalized as well, if Reiko's report is accurate. She has been searching for him for a long time hence why she assumed the Aina avatar in //Quantum.
Ruusu

Post by Ruusu »

Xu Yuan wrote:Aura collecting... well aura is technically confirmed. But it's not as if she's taking people's auras. She's analyzing their emotional data and possibly spiritual data to better her own programming. I do think that MaMa's grand scheme does involve using Aura to Digitalize humanity completely and their test in //LINK were seen as a precursor.
Maybe collecting wasn't her original use, but she has the ability to connect thoughts to one another, based on her own words. If she has the power to connect thoughts to one another, and if someone had found out how to restrain her and utilize that power, they could reroute the connections to be able to collect the thoughts. Harald probably created her with the ability to analyze thoughts with the intention that it would better her own understanding of human nature, for the sake of her own evolution, as you suggest. No doubt there. However, MaMa most likely just wanted to use that power for themselves. Harald sought to better the connection between man and machine, by creating an AI capable of learning and human thought patterns. MaMa had their own agendas going on, though, and they wanted to further human evolution by using this technology to actually elevate human consciousness and awareness, bringing them into a new dimensional reality.

Xu Yuan wrote: The idea that the Lost Grounds and Legendary Lands are part of Harald's own scattered consciousness is an intriguing thought. It would explain why a lot of new Lost Grounds were discovered between R:1 and R:2 because Harald, as Bear says is likely a "Ghost" in the same manner that Morganna is, he would ever be thinking and in doing so new unique areas could possibly appear. Harald's Black Box data being purely his conscioussness though, doesn't quite work. Mainly because we know Harald was alive and well when he gave the game to CC Corp. for playtesting and the Black Box was already implemented at that time. What it likely does contain is the self-monitoring system along with all of the specifications on the Phases, Vagrant AI's and Epitaph Scenarios. That said it's not impossible that his consciousness eventually was lost within it (with his body likely as well)
It would also explain all of the Harald's Rooms in IMOQ. I'm aware that he had already created the black box so I'm not saying it would only be his consciousness. I do believe that his consciousness had got lost within it, though, as you had said. Harald, being the creator, would have somewhat of a godlike power within the system, one would assume, which he does seem to have. As for how and why his mind, and possibly body, got trapped there in the first place is still a mystery. It would be great if we got a .hack entry that fully explained this.
Xu Yuan wrote:I've unfortunately only read snippets about it (I would Love to read the whole thing. I mean it is about Harald's Niece! It barely gets closer to "The World"'s creator than that!) but the first volume appears to end with Harald checking in on her and finding her completely gone. I feel as if this is probably The Most important piece of the mythos we are missing.
That could definitely suggest she had been Real Digitalized, and would be pretty important. But that technology being available 2006~2007 even in .hack timeline seems almost crazy. Now I really wanna read those books. It's unfortunate they weren't released anywhere other than Japan. If Real Digitalization was available since before Fragment, then that could be a huge revelation.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I feel that what you described is exactly MaMa's plan. I should catch up with //Bullet since that apparently has a fair amount to do with it.

As for Harald being trapped in the system, well it may not have been Morganna that took his body. "I must speak with Morganna... to go where she is... the living flesh poses a hindrance... but I must, I must go... for our Aura. Emma, please give me a little more courage..." From what we now know that sounds an awful lot like the desire and means to Real Digitalize. I don't think he expected that Morganna would turn on her creator in the manner that she did. Granted it seemed after Harald had been trapped in the system there was an uneasy alliance between the two as AI Buster shows Morganna and Harald both tried to have Lycoris sacrifice herself for Aura's sake (well Harald tried to actually speak with her, Morganna used more forceful methods).

What I have always found interesting is that Harald believes that Morganna is trying to give birth to a "Warped Aura" as if his program couldn't betray her primary objective of giving birth to Aura. He never entertains the thought that Morganna is acting out of self-preservation. That does seem a bit short-sighted of him. The only people to realize that Morganna is acting out of self-preservation seems to be Bith and Helba.

You make a great point with the Harald Rooms! I never thought about it like that, but it makes a great deal of sense. I too would love someone to come along and translate //Epitaph of Twilight, but to my knowledge it's an actual novel so that could be quite a lengthy process.
Ruusu

Post by Ruusu »

Xu Yuan wrote:I feel that what you described is exactly MaMa's plan. I should catch up with //Bullet since that apparently has a fair amount to do with it.
I still have to catch up with Bullet, as well. I've read the first few chapters years ago when it started but then didn't have time to keep up with it. I've been waiting until it was finished to pick it up again. Seeing that it's nearly done, I'll probably start reading it this week. ^^ It was going in an interesting direction when I left off, so I can't wait to see where they take it. Hoping it sheds more light on the rest of the series.
Xu Yuan wrote:As for Harald being trapped in the system, well it may not have been Morganna that took his body. "I must speak with Morganna... to go where she is... the living flesh poses a hindrance... but I must, I must go... for our Aura. Emma, please give me a little more courage..." From what we now know that sounds an awful lot like the desire and means to Real Digitalize. I don't think he expected that Morganna would turn on her creator in the manner that she did. Granted it seemed after Harald had been trapped in the system there was an uneasy alliance between the two as AI Buster shows Morganna and Harald both tried to have Lycoris sacrifice herself for Aura's sake (well Harald tried to actually speak with her, Morganna used more forceful methods).

What I have always found interesting is that Harald believes that Morganna is trying to give birth to a "Warped Aura" as if his program couldn't betray her primary objective of giving birth to Aura. He never entertains the thought that Morganna is acting out of self-preservation. That does seem a bit short-sighted of him. The only people to realize that Morganna is acting out of self-preservation seems to be Bith and Helba.
I know that Harald was the one to place himself there initially; he was the one that made this technology to begin with. Morganna's actions were somewhat of a mystery to me, though. Perhaps her actions could have actually been a result of MaMa's influence? Maybe MaMa didn't really need Harald anymore, so they just did away with him and had him trapped inside his own game, while they continued on with their scheme, using the technology that he had created? MaMa could have been the ones to corrupt the Morganna system to begin with. They probably knew what Aura would be capable of, so maybe they were the ones who wanted the warped Aura to begin with? When Tsukasa's mind got trapped inside the game his thoughts were already influencing Aura. He, at first, thought it was kind of a good thing that he was there. "After all, now I don't have to return to that ludicrous world." By feeding Aura thoughts like this it would probably make her think that everyone wants to be there, and Aura would want to put them there.

Morganna later sought to delete Aura, though, which wouldn't quite fit with their plans. I feel like someone from MaMa could have been involved with the whole Morganna incident, in some way. MaMa could have initially been giving Morganna certain ideas and/or directives, in order to carry out their will, but then Morganna eventually went against their wishes by trying to actually delete Aura. Not only did Morganna go against Harald's wishes, but she could have also went against MaMa's, as well. What if someone from MaMa even tried to help stop Morganna from deleting Aura, in order to get their AI back? This is a crazy idea, and I highly doubt it could be true, but wouldn't it be insane if Helba was working for MaMa? That would be a great twist, but somehow I doubt it could true. At the same time, we know absolutely nothing about Helba's real life self, so it could be possible. I don't know though... I doubt it. I'm probably just overthinking. :o
Xu Yuan wrote:You make a great point with the Harald Rooms! I never thought about it like that, but it makes a great deal of sense. I too would love someone to come along and translate //Epitaph of Twilight, but to my knowledge it's an actual novel so that could be quite a lengthy process.
I believe there's a small team already in the process of translating it actually. ^^ I was thinking about just importing both volumes of it to add to my collection anyway. I'm learning Japanese currently so I should be able to read them some day! :D