Need some catching up

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

ZeroX

Need some catching up

Post by ZeroX »

I used to be a fan of the series but lost interest once I found out the psp game never came out but I do miss the series. So I'm unsure where to start since i don't know if guilty dragon is the current game out
Keyaki

Re: Need some catching up

Post by Keyaki »

Here:

http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 67#p476167

A group of people here have worked hard to have a fan-translated version of the game and its pretty could and functional to play with a PSP emulator.

In terms of other stuff...it's not hard to explain but it takes awhile.

To make things alittle simpler the timeline of the 3rd Season goes:

//Link -> After2012(it's just a short event) -> .Hack//Quantum -> .Hack//Bullet -> .Hack//Beyond the World(It's a movie. You can find it on youtube) -> .Hack//Versus(there's a good summary on the forums that can explain the game)-> Thanatos Report(it's an OVA that can also catch on youtube).

Guilty Dragon....that game is..."somewhat canon". Ambiguously. There's never been any concrete evidence of it being canon to .Hack, at least to my knowledge and no confirmation either.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^_^ although Guilty Dragon does have Visual Work books filled with images of all those amazing artworks used for the cards in them, not entirely sure how it ties in either. There is also New World which is set some time after Guilty Dragon I believe.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

SSJScygoku wrote:^_^ although Guilty Dragon does have Visual Work books filled with images of all those amazing artworks used for the cards in them, not entirely sure how it ties in either. There is also New World which is set some time after Guilty Dragon I believe.
At the same time, New World seems to be more closely related to .Hack than Guilty Dragon.

Also here's the thread that basically explains //Versus.
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 47&t=18889