What dose .hack mean to you and how did you come to know about it?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

WorldEater21

Re: What dose .hack mean to you and how did you come to know about it?

Post by WorldEater21 »

SSJScygoku wrote:
WorldEater21 wrote: I've seen SIGN, Liminality, Roots, Legend of the twilight bracelet and G.U trilogy, Haven't seen Beyond the World yet. I also own the G.U PS2 games and infection and mutation....among other little bits and bods.
I love log horizon! I haven't seen much of overlord but I've heard it's pretty good :)
^-^ So a fair amount of the anime~ Don't forget to check out .hack//Quantum aswell as the OVA Thanatos Report that appears at the end of .hack//Versus :D Hope you can find Outbreak and Quarantine for a good price to finish off the series~

^(^-^)^ Yay another Log Horizon fan! I just started reading the LN,hoping for a season 3 but they need content first unless they just get the info from the author. d(@.@) I'd definitely recommend watching Overlord,its not that long and I pray for more seasons,it has plenty of content to cover atleast 2 more seasons.
I actually forgot to add quantum! haha but I'll definitely check out Thanatos report :) I may have found a deal for them so I'll see how I go! haha.
Yeah man! I love log horizon. Season 2 is about to be released in DVD over here so I'll pick it up first chance I get. I'll make sure to check it out!
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
WorldEater21 wrote: I've seen SIGN, Liminality, Roots, Legend of the twilight bracelet and G.U trilogy, Haven't seen Beyond the World yet. I also own the G.U PS2 games and infection and mutation....among other little bits and bods.
I love log horizon! I haven't seen much of overlord but I've heard it's pretty good :)
^-^ So a fair amount of the anime~ Don't forget to check out .hack//Quantum aswell as the OVA Thanatos Report that appears at the end of .hack//Versus :D Hope you can find Outbreak and Quarantine for a good price to finish off the series~

^(^-^)^ Yay another Log Horizon fan! I just started reading the LN,hoping for a season 3 but they need content first unless they just get the info from the author. d(@.@) I'd definitely recommend watching Overlord,its not that long and I pray for more seasons,it has plenty of content to cover atleast 2 more seasons.
Is Log Horizon worth it? I tried watching it while it was airing and I don't know if it was because I was watching all the other airing anime at the time (Attack on Titan, Aku no Hana) that I didn't have time but I just dropped it. Recently I came back to it after my girlfriend said she was interested and we stopped at about episode 6 because things just were not going anywhere interesting. I dunno! It just seemed like no one really cared too much they were stuck in the game but they were really concerned with their interpersonal relationships and drama like that (like saving those siblings) which to me seems like something that should be at the bottom of the list of priorities. What I'm asking is does it pick up? Will I ever get to hear anything about what's going on?
WorldEater21

Post by WorldEater21 »

Falions wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote:

Is Log Horizon worth it? I tried watching it while it was airing and I don't know if it was because I was watching all the other airing anime at the time (Attack on Titan, Aku no Hana) that I didn't have time but I just dropped it. Recently I came back to it after my girlfriend said she was interested and we stopped at about episode 6 because things just were not going anywhere interesting. I dunno! It just seemed like no one really cared too much they were stuck in the game but they were really concerned with their interpersonal relationships and drama like that (like saving those siblings) which to me seems like something that should be at the bottom of the list of priorities. What I'm asking is does it pick up? Will I ever get to hear anything about what's going on?
Log Horizon (I've only seen season one) focuses more on trying to live while trapped inside a video game, And yes it definitely picks up around the halfway point and introduces a few little twists to keep the story interesting :)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote: Is Log Horizon worth it? I tried watching it while it was airing and I don't know if it was because I was watching all the other airing anime at the time (Attack on Titan, Aku no Hana) that I didn't have time but I just dropped it. Recently I came back to it after my girlfriend said she was interested and we stopped at about episode 6 because things just were not going anywhere interesting. I dunno! It just seemed like no one really cared too much they were stuck in the game but they were really concerned with their interpersonal relationships and drama like that (like saving those siblings) which to me seems like something that should be at the bottom of the list of priorities. What I'm asking is does it pick up? Will I ever get to hear anything about what's going on?
@.@ Well since there is no clear path on how to get back home (its not SAO), they will have to live in this work for the time being and to do that they need to learn how this world works. Is it the same as Elder Tales? Different only in some aspects? They will need to investigate which takes time and shouldn't just be rushed.
As for helping out others, they have been transported to another world with many players sulking in depression so they need to keep their minds occupied and as escape isn't possible for the foreseeable future they will do what they can and help out those in need.
It does pick up and explains more but you need to keep watching, its like .hack//SIGN's mystery aspect whereas if you want to know more you'll need to keep watching since its 25 episodes long :P
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

I got into .hack//mainly because of .hack// SIGN. It means a lot to me since personally .hack//SIGN was a metaphor for depression. I had a lot in common with Tsukasa considering that I grew up in a very abrasive and toxic environment. The whole "falling into a depressive slumber but being able to over come it" spoke loudly to my depressed 7 year old self. Here I am, 13 years later at the age of 21 trying to get rid of the constant depression that has plagued me from childhood. Watching .hack//SIGN has been great for my mental health and the importance of having a main character go through depression is really validating.
Aside from the mental health aspect, //SIGN also led me to fall in love with MMORPGS, RPGS, online role playing, and technology. It made me turn into a huge techy nerd growing up and made me pick up bits and pieces of C# and a bit of PHP. I didn't know what the hell I was learning, I just wanted to be like a hacker, hahaha. I was teaching myself how to do html for fun at a young age, and I was also hanging out with a bunch of roleplaying techy nerds my age online. It was great, but then I fell off the wagon and eventually ended up becoming a political science major cuz I sucked at math so bad. There is still a fond place in my heart for MMORPGS, hell, I fell into World Of Warcraft 'cause of //SIGN. Escaping the real world through MMO's is so damn appealing. I love this series.

Other parts of the .hack franchise that I've covered are most of //GU, all of //LOTB, the //LOTB manga, //A.I. Buster, //Quantum, //GIF, and one of the .hack// PS2 games. The name for that one is currently escaping my mind.... I still have to purchase and play the other two. I haven't played the /?GU games. I STILL NEED TO GET LINK DAMNIT... anyways, theres my two cents. I love this damn series to pieces. <3

Oh and to answer the question, I came to know about the franchise through .hack//sign. I stayed up very late to watch it air on Cartoon network / Toonami. Those were the days....
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

This reignited my love for anime outside of Dragon Ball, and made me fall in love with this style of RPG.