Decrypting DATA.CVM on G.U. discs

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Avoklez

Decrypting DATA.CVM on G.U. discs

Post by Avoklez »

I've heard people were using hackpics to obtain images from within it, but from what I've seen hackpics should only work on R:1 discs (and with the DATA.BIN file).

DATA.CVM is encrypted and is basically an ISO with a special header. I've tried using cvm_tool.exe to decrypt it however I do not know the decryption key.

Has anyone successfully gotten past this?
Xu Yuan

Re: Decrypting DATA.CVM on G.U. discs

Post by Xu Yuan »

Eh? All you do is load up any of the .hack//G.U. Iso's (not Data.cvm) into Hackpics and all the files will eventually load... however if it does not work with HackPics I know for a fact it works with Hackstract.
Avoklez

Post by Avoklez »

Xu Yuan, do you have a working download link for Hackstract? All of the links I have found are dead.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Avoklez wrote:Xu Yuan, do you have a working download link for Hackstract? All of the links I have found are dead.
http://www.dothack.org/files/category/13-applications/
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Thanks for that link Erroneous! That also had the MFAudio tool which is what I used years and years ago to listen to the voice files in dot hack, this could be quite useful...

Everything looks to play perfectly at 24000 Hz.

EDIT: Ah, so that's where the confusion lies... Hackstract is actually an upgraded HackPics, it just so happens though that the creator of HackPics originally called his project HackStract as well. Well that clears that up.