.hack quarantine resources.

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SCP173music

.hack quarantine resources.

Post by SCP173music »

Any chance theres some models and textures from the dot hack games available somewhere. Ive been searching constantly and cant find any.
Xu Yuan

Re: .hack quarantine resources.

Post by Xu Yuan »

You would need an .ISO of the game itself and from there you could use Hackstract to analyze the .ISO of any of the .hack// games, even G.U. and that will load all Textures, as for models... I've heard of some tools here and there, but nothing that outright displays the models ala Utility of Time or some such other tool.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:You would need an .ISO of the game itself and from there you could use Hackstract to analyze the .ISO of any of the .hack// games, even G.U. and that will load all Textures, as for models... I've heard of some tools here and there, but nothing that outright displays the models ala Utility of Time or some such other tool.
link to hackstract? I can probably get an .ISO from a rom or something.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Look it up online, and make sure the .ISO file comes from a good source if you don't have a copy of the game... I've had bad experiences with .ISO roms before
Xu Yuan wrote:You would need an .ISO of the game itself and from there you could use Hackstract to analyze the .ISO of any of the .hack// games, even G.U. and that will load all Textures, as for models... I've heard of some tools here and there, but nothing that outright displays the models ala Utility of Time or some such other tool.
Xu Yuan, could you PM me? I want to talk to you about the Hacking .Hack//Infection thread
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

SCP173music wrote:
link to hackstract? I can probably get an .ISO from a rom or something.
Yep, here's the link... it is also called HackPics, which is the more updated version.

https://www.castledragmire.com/Projects/HackPics
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:
Yep, here's the link... it is also called HackPics, which is the more updated version.

https://www.castledragmire.com/Projects/HackPics
Sweet man thanks. Ill check it out later.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

erm it says its for a .hack CD's. Would it work with a rom?
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

also it says its for pictures only. Which covers the textures issue. However I still need to find a way to get the models.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SCP173music wrote:also it says its for pictures only. Which covers the textures issue. However I still need to find a way to get the models.
Dude, you should REALLY try to avoid double posting...

Also, if you have the right tools, and a basic 3D rendering knowledge you can make the models yourself by taking the images and textures and merging them into a blank character model... At least i believe so
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
SCP173music wrote:also it says its for pictures only. Which covers the textures issue. However I still need to find a way to get the models.
Dude, you should REALLY try to avoid double posting...

Also, if you have the right tools, and a basic 3D rendering knowledge you can make the models yourself by taking the images and textures and merging them into a blank character model... At least i believe so
sadly this is almost never the case. textures for models are UV mapped in perfect selection to the avatar. Id have to get accostomed to modeling software and learn the experience to make a good shaped model like macha. then id have to learn UV mapping. these are all very complex things.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Oh no, there is no way to easily get the models for .hack// to my knowledge. As I mentioned that is only textures. .ccs is the extension of many of the graphics and there are no programs to my knowledge that allow one to extract and import. NCDyson was working on such a thing, but it has been a slight bit of time since he's been heard from here. HackPics will work for any of the 7 .hack// games though. It may even work on //Link, as I had read that also uses the same format. That may just be a rumor though.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Does anyone have a zip of all the wallpapers? I would love to use this but I have a Mac, so...
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

alot of the textures are **** up and pixelated