High Resolution IMOQ Screenshots

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

High Resolution IMOQ Screenshots

Post by Falions »

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but...
A few months back, Tumblr user thelaq took a few gigabytes worth of screenshots while doing a playthrough of IMOQ.

I figured I'd share them here, because who doesn't want to see nice, sharp screenshots of all four games? They've uploaded them in to 4 parts here.

P.S. if any of my fellow .hackers are on tumblr, my blog's URL is the same thing as my username here!
SSJScygoku

Re: High Resolution IMOQ Screenshots

Post by SSJScygoku »

:O wow those are some nice screenshots, very high definition indeed. Would definitely be nice to play the games with this degree of sharpness.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote::O wow those are some nice screenshots, very high definition indeed. Would definitely be nice to play the games with this degree of sharpness.
You always could if you emulated them! That's how this guy captured these. I've heard that the first four games especially aren't very demanding even on the toaster-est of computers.
But, of course, you should only use the BIOS of your own disks. Anything else would be illegal! And none of us have ever illegally emulated a game before, right? :lol:
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Oh my god, this is like a gold mine. o.o Very, VE-RY nice!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:You always could if you emulated them! That's how this guy captured these. I've heard that the first four games especially aren't very demanding even on the toaster-est of computers.
But, of course, you should only use the BIOS of your own disks. Anything else would be illegal! And none of us have ever illegally emulated a game before, right? :lol:
xD Good to know that even a low spec computer could run them at this definition, ofcourse I always purchase my games and never use an emulator with seeded copy <.< >.>

So long as I own the game would it count as illegal ?_?
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote:You always could if you emulated them! That's how this guy captured these. I've heard that the first four games especially aren't very demanding even on the toaster-est of computers.
xD Good to know that even a low spec computer could run them at this definition, ofcourse I always purchase my games and never use an emulator with seeded copy <.< >.>

So long as I own the game would it count as illegal ?_?
Nope. I don't know about your country, but here in Canada even in the unlikely circumstance that I'm investigated for illegally downloading games, I could say that I was just downloading a copy of a game I already own, which I'm pretty sure is also legal.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Nope. I don't know about your country, but here in Canada even in the unlikely circumstance that I'm investigated for illegally downloading games, I could say that I was just downloading a copy of a game I already own, which I'm pretty sure is also legal.
I'd assume it would be considered a "backup" if you downloaded the game if you already own it in some form or another. Though wonder if they would want to verify you own a legal copy for all the games you have downloaded ^^'
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

It's strange though... You can tell just by a cursory look at the textures in Hackstract that the Quadrilogy was supposed to look So much better than it ends up looking on the PS2. This same phenomenon can be seen with FFXII as which is just a thing of beauty on a properly set up emulator. I guess the PS2 just couldn't naturally handle that level of texture or graphic... or something?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Xu Yuan wrote:I guess the PS2 just couldn't naturally handle that level of texture or graphic... or something?
I'm assuming thats the case given the advancement of technology since the PS2 era so long ago, then again I don't know the fine details on the consoles specs or emulators @.@