New .hack game teaser?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

New .hack game teaser?

Post by SSJScygoku »

I was checking ANN and saw this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ect/.90032

This same image was used for .hack//Versus' announcement, so is this a new page or a link to the old one? Surely the old one would've been replaced or removed @.@

Edit: >.> seems this was the old teaser site all along, how the heck was the old page not taken down o-0
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: New .hack game teaser?

Post by Kuukai »

*sigh* This happens like once a month. Gaming blog-news is in kind of a sorry state when it's too blinded by hype to factcheck at all... I guess it's good that people still care this much about .hack, at least.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

I'm confused how they came across the old teaser page and thought it was new, surely they uncovered the link from an old article regarding .hack//Versus (or a new game project). Unless they assumed since the page was open it meant a new project was coming.

And they'll care even more when a new game is finally announced...eventually..hopefully around TGS ^.^
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

speaking of versus. when the **** am i gonna proper english ports of other dot hack games
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SCP173music wrote:speaking of versus. when the **** am i gonna proper english ports of other dot hack games
You mean //LINK? Hahah, never.

Unless you want a fan translation, which is being made by some users in these forums. And you should check it out if you really want to know...

And if you meant another games, there are forums for those. CC2 won't take the time translate them any longer... As the .Hack// Franchise isn't as famous any longer...

What they need to revive it has been clear since //Fragment server got shut down, and ColdBird is working on that.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

AZURE-KITE wrote: You mean //LINK? Hahah, never.
Not just link but id like to see versus too
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SCP173music wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote: You mean //LINK? Hahah, never.
Not just link but id like to see versus too
Ahhh, then that has more posibilities to be a no .... If a PSP game, easier job didn't get a simple localization... And Link had and still has more fame than Versus... Versus has less than zero posibilities to get localized... Only case the odds against that get lower is that the team that is fan translating LINK has a sudden programmation update or gets a programmer from a game company that has experience with PS3 on their side... Which is very unlikely...

I can see that Versus is going the same hill Link went down to...
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

WHY ARE COMPANIES FROM COUNTRIES NOT LOCALIZING THERE **** I SEE THIS HAPPEN WITH COMPANIES IN MY COUNTRY GOD DAMNIT!
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

U mad bro? Lol

Sorry but there's not much we can do... I'm going to be in a japanese academy so idiom will officially not be a problem to me in the future... As i will speak the three idioms all games have... Spanish, English and Japanese... Don't worry my friend! If i end up in a game conpany i shall make sure to grant your wishes to localize cool games... But until then, we shall wait for fan translations... Like always :P..

So there's no use getting angry, it will only make you older at a faster rate
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

AZURE-KITE wrote:So there's no use getting angry, it will only make you older at a faster rate
wait it does?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SCP173music wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote:So there's no use getting angry, it will only make you older at a faster rate
wait it does?
Hell yeah it does! I've seen American Kids that ar like 14 and they look like they're on their early 20s! I still look like a young teenager~ Well, i AM a young teenager-- But i will keep on looking like this for quite a while!

Now please let's not go off topic! You got banned once for this!
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

AZURE-KITE wrote:Now please let's not go off topic! You got banned once for this!
No im pretty sure it was cause i was an asshole to alot of people and a troll. However your right lets not get off topic. This teaser must of been a real disapointment huh?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

On the brightside Versus is region free, another issue was that it was released with .hack//Beyond the World movie so may make it trickier to localize even if a company did consider it. A partnership between the game company/anime company would need needed as I doubt they could bring it over seperately.

If we are lucky then the translating team may work on Versus which doesn't have nearly as much text as LINK, though a summary of Versus has been posted by Kuukai on one of the threads here.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

As mentioned, Versus is cheap and region-free and not language-intensive (fighting game), so if you want to play it with your friends I recommend just importing it. It will never be localized, it doesn't make any sense at this point.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Kuukai wrote:As mentioned, Versus is cheap and region-free and not language-intensive (fighting game), so if you want to play it with your friends I recommend just importing it. It will never be localized, it doesn't make any sense at this point.
so id be able to play it without needing an understanding of japanese? I wander if i could get a pc version. hmmmm........ Well looks like im heading to 4shared.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SCP173music wrote:
Kuukai wrote:As mentioned, Versus is cheap and region-free and not language-intensive (fighting game), so if you want to play it with your friends I recommend just importing it. It will never be localized, it doesn't make any sense at this point.
so id be able to play it without needing an understanding of japanese? I wander if i could get a pc version. hmmmm........ Well looks like im heading to 4shared.
A PC version? Dude, the game is for PS3...
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Falions wrote:
SCP173music wrote:
A PC version? Dude, the game is for PS3...
i know i just didnt know wether it was available for PC as well.