Possible .hack//G.U. remake?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Possible .hack//G.U. remake?

Post by Kuukai »

It could be anything, and they have 3 projects so this isn't an exact either/or situation. But I think we can all agree at this point it's not this. Which is probably a mistake, actually...
Falions

Post by Falions »

I've sorta just decided that if none of those three new projects turn out to be a new .hack title or HD remake, i'll finally accept that .hack is dead
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Falions wrote:I've sorta just decided that if none of those three new projects turn out to be a new .hack title or HD remake, i'll finally accept that .hack is dead
This. It seems like there is no interest at CC2 to make another .hack game at all.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

^ Yeah I see a lot of rumors online that suggest FF7 Remake is not being done internally within SE but rather developed by an external team. And for some reason rumors indicate that CC2 are the ones in charge of the FF7 remake. Hmm..
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Umm, they announced the staff. Tetsuya Nomura isn't an external team.
Oxidizer wrote:
Falions wrote:I've sorta just decided that if none of those three new projects turn out to be a new .hack title or HD remake, i'll finally accept that .hack is dead
This. It seems like there is no interest at CC2 to make another .hack game at all.
That just doesn't seem true. The won't stop talking about .hack. Any blocking issue would probably be external (the industry shift away from console RPGs, the publisher).
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:That just doesn't seem true. The won't stop talking about .hack. Any blocking issue would probably be external (the industry shift away from console RPGs, the publisher).
It seems like Sony, SE, and CC2 have all expressed interest in wanting to revive the console market so hopefully any such block is slowly crumbling away. And if CC2 really isn't playing a huge role with the development of FFVII then thats all the better for me! I get my remake AND more .hack... hopefully? Were CC2 even at E3? I read that Bamco showed off Naruto but not the next Jojo game. Obviously no new game reveals from and still no Guilty Dragon lol.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Not really, it wasn't a big event for them so Matsuyama stayed in Japan.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Lindz wrote: Soooo....

- UE4
- RPG
- Large scale development
- Developed for a worldwide audience
- Photorealistic
- Physical based rendering
Instead of .hack, couldn't this instead (or also) be FFVII-R?
Oh man you're probably right D:

I'm sure we'll still get something dot hack related, (aren't they still making 2 other games besides just the one?) but I don't think it'll be like, the ultimate VR experience that people are pining for.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

CC2 is not making the FF7 remake, it's being made by the overworked director of Kingdom Hearts 3/FF15 because Square Enix decided both of those games are coming out too quickly.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kuukai wrote:CC2 is not making the FF7 remake, it's being made by the overworked director of Kingdom Hearts 3/FF15 because Square Enix decided both of those games are coming out too quickly.
Are they not at least giving a helping hand? That's what I've heard.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

From where? Source is important, especially when every month we're getting "OMG .hack sequel CONFIRMED" articles.

They're certainly not developing FFVII based on what's been mentioned up to this point (and their total absence from E3), and I haven't seen anything credible to the effect of CC2 being involved at all, although they did make the smartphone game. I'm only asserting that there's nothing backing up them being involved though, not that they won't maybe contribute in some slight way at some point, since that's very common for games (look at the end credits of anything) and could potentially happen, it just hasn't been confirmed in any way as far as I can tell.

Overall this is a good thing because it means this isn't eating up time that could be used for .hack or something like .hack. And If FFVII is disappointing the blame will lie squarely (hah) on Square Enix where it belongs.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kuukai wrote:From where? Source is important, especially when every month we're getting "OMG .hack sequel CONFIRMED" articles.

They're certainly not developing FFVII based on what's been mentioned up to this point (and their total absence from E3), and I haven't seen anything credible to the effect of CC2 being involved at all, although they did make the smartphone game. I'm only asserting that there's nothing backing up them being involved though, not that they won't maybe contribute in some slight way at some point, since that's very common for games (look at the end credits of anything) and could potentially happen, it just hasn't been confirmed in any way as far as I can tell.

Overall this is a good thing because it means this isn't eating up time that could be used for .hack or something like .hack. And If FFVII is disappointing the blame will lie squarely (hah) on Square Enix where it belongs.
Sorry, looks like I've been misinformed. I originally got it from  Wikipedia, but it's been changed since then.
But it is good news, you're right. I'd rather they be full speed ahead on a new .hack title and leave FFVII to Nomura.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

I'm surprised CC2 haven't even hinted about revealing these titles unless they have already, but surely those announcements would contain which keywords they corrospond with and i've seen diddly.

Heres hoping for Tokyo Game Show which would be a normal place to announce new game projects, plus it gives them more time to show progress than if they appeared at E3.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:I'm surprised CC2 haven't even hinted about revealing these titles unless they have already, but surely those announcements would contain which keywords they corrospond with and i've seen diddly.

Heres hoping for Tokyo Game Show which would be a normal place to announce new game projects, plus it gives them more time to show progress than if they appeared at E3.
Back when they revealed they were looking for help on those projects, and they would talk about them in the next Famitsu, I thought they were going to tell us about all three. I was so excited that week I was skipping to and from school, smiling all the time, and the night before was like Christmas eve at 7 years old.

You can imagine my reaction the day of.

Anyway, every year I cross my fingers that I'll hear something at TGS, and every year since 2009 I've been disappointed. Maybe after all this time, 2015 will be the TGS that re-instills hope.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well as a company they can't operate forever with nothing but unannounced games. They're either going to announce a title or announce bankruptcy, but certainly they'll be announcing something this year.

I'm also hopeful for TGS. The complete absence from E3 makes me think this will be the big push.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:Well as a company they can't operate forever with nothing but unannounced games. They're either going to announce a title or announce bankruptcy, but certainly they'll be announcing something this year.

I'm also hopeful for TGS. The complete absence from E3 makes me think this will be the big push.
Well they did announced this: http://www.cc2.co.jp/fullbokko/collabo/

Full Bokko x Rise of Mana

Crossover collaborations seem almost commonplace these days but hey! They're getting alil more outta their relationship with SE than they did with Capcom it seems!

Rabites are still like one of the cutest critters in gaming ever ^.^
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Thank god that doesn't count towards the total (since it's not new or on console).

This is like their only other successful smartphone game and they're milking it, a typical way for that is with IP tie-ins. It might be less them making these deals, actually, and more the publisher they developed the game for - Drecom - getting tie-ins with various series as smartphone games are known to do in Japan (like how Puzzle & Dragon got Nintendo stuff). There's Attack on Titan stuff, too: http://www.4gamer.net/games/238/G023803/20150702090/
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Wait a minute. Going back to E3. I don't recall CC Corp every being present at E3. Much less helping SE with anything.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Keyaki wrote:Wait a minute. Going back to E3. I don't recall CC Corp every being present at E3. Much less helping SE with anything.
They weren't at E3. They developed the FF7 spinoff G-Bike smartphone game, but that's the only thing they've been involved with.