Piroshi Talks .hack at Taipei Game Show

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Xu Yuan

Re: Piroshi Talks .hack at Taipei Game Show

Post by Xu Yuan »

From what I can gather from google translate it basically says...

"I'm glad people haven't forgotten about dot hack and people have been clamoring for a remake or sequel. But if you really want more dot hack make sure to tell Bandai-Namco! Don't forget about Guilty Dragon for smartphones which take place in dot hack's world!"
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's basically the same as what they've said in the past.

At the Taipei Game Show, Matsuyama appeared on the local show Bahamut, and when asked by a user he replied that, "we are making appropriate preparations regarding .hack."

"If I say something unnecessary they'll get mad at me, but I'd of course like to think about making a new installment in .hack. From all over the world there are voices asking for new works such as a remake or a sequel, and we're making appropriate preparations. We ask everyone to be louder about wanting a us to do .hack so that Bandai Namco Games can hear you (laugh)."

He was sitting next to a producer from Bandai Namco Games.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Kuukai wrote:It's basically the same as what they've said in the past.

At the Taipei Game Show, Matsuyama appeared on the local show Bahamut, and when asked by a user he replied that, "we are making appropriate preparations regarding .hack."

"If I say something unnecessary they'll get mad at me, but I'd of course like to think about making a new installment in .hack. From all over the world there are voices asking for new works such as a remake or a sequel, and we're making appropriate preparations. We ask everyone to be louder about wanting a us to do .hack so that Bandai Namco Games can hear you (laugh)."

He was sitting next to a producer from Bandai Namco Games.
My worry is that they've waited too long, now Sword Art Online (an inferior show and premise in my opinion) has gobbled up what made dot hack unique in the first place and if dot hack is to be relaunched people will just say "Oh, another Sword Art Online rip off." when dot hack was the original.

That is my greatest fear regarding the series future.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Xu Yuan wrote: My worry is that they've waited too long, now Sword Art Online (an inferior show and premise in my opinion) has gobbled up what made dot hack unique in the first place and if dot hack is to be relaunched people will just say "Oh, another Sword Art Online rip off." when dot hack was the original.

That is my greatest fear regarding the series future.
Though I can see how this might be an issue it could also somewhat work in .hack's favor. Because MMO's are more accessible to people these days interest in "MMO anime" like SAO and Log Horizon is higher than it was back in the .hack days so people liking things like SAO (from my experience most of the people who like Log Horizon also like .hack so) might boost .hack's popularity.

Biggest issue would be that CC2 would have to honestly release a big old recap DVD in any region they were to release their next game in because of how much time has passed and how inaccessible the series has become due to that.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

That's sort of why I feel it needs to be relaunched, keep the story intact (maybe change some small things) but there's no reason they couldn't release a re-imagining of the original quadrilogy with today's sensibilities, and work from there. .hack//SIGN doesn't need any updating (maybe a little cleaner visuals?) and maybe they could have a couple OVA's of AI Buster if they wanted to bring that back in a manner.
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

Hmm.

Could they extend and create a new story between the game and the real world? Plus new references of real world technology like augment reality, the next evolution of AIDA, new extension pack update for The World Force:Era, and so forth? How about a hint of romance in the story?

So much possibilities...