.hack//Fragment Online Guide

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

CaptCranchr

.hack//Fragment Online Guide

Post by CaptCranchr »

Tired of not playing .hack//Fragment online? Here you go.
Holy ****, the official .hack online game .hack fragment is back online. It works in PCSX2 and on real PS2s.
http://www.coldbird.net/fragment

>Game download
http://coldbird.free.fr/fragment/client-14070501.7z

>Specialized PCSX2 download
http://coldbird.free.fr/fragment/pcsx2- ... patible.7z

>How to configure PCSX2 for fragment
http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1587

>Don't like emulators? Play on a real PS2!
http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1595
How to create a network profile

http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1594
Download a seperate network access disk for this, much easier!

>How to join an online game
http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1589
Last edited by CaptCranchr on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindz

Re: .hack//Fragment Online Guide

Post by Lindz »

That's super cool an I wish I could give it a play but I just dun got the setup for it at this time. I've seen pics of at least 1 dungeon type which wasn't in IMOQ so that's like whaaaat. The english community really didn't have much info on this game at all so this project'll be great for getting a ton of it out there. Start updating the wiki, peeps!
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

This is advice for anyone wanting to play.

1. I recommend doing the first 4 story areas. Do not do the 5th area without leveling up as you would get wrecked in Dun Loireag. On the second area you get Data Drain which is more or less vital.

2. Save up about a good 20,000 gp. Go online and search for area servers made by people. Find a server were the Root Town is Omega/Lia Fail/Net Slum and buy a good high level weapon for your class. Compared to armor, weapon levels scale up different in IMOQ. There is more or less plenty of armor for each level range. For weapons a lot of level ranges are skipped. The Shin, Rei, and San are level 40s weapons but there stats are high and aren't far behind many of the high level weapon.

Look at the Twin Blade weapons to see what I mean
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_T ... de_Weapons

3. Defeat means lost of exp. You have to be even more careful. Also make sure go to your desktop and save and exit. Resetting the game on a field/dungeon results in you losing all of your stuff. For people with emulators every time you save the game its a good idea to keep a back up file. Not sure on PS2 but maybe you can save on a second memory card.

4. Shortcuts are your best friend. Unlike IMOQ bringing up the menu doesn't freeze the battle. It takes too long to press triangle and go and select your skill every time.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's good advice regarding weapons, I'm playing a Wavemaster though so I think SP-wise I might want to get a staff from Fort Ouph or something. Still, that's a great way to save a lot of time worrying about equipment.
CaptCranchr

Re: .hack//Fragment Online Guide or How not to be a Huge Fag

Post by CaptCranchr »

NETSLUM CONFIRMED FOR PARTY CENTRAL
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

CaptCranchr, I edited your topic title for a reason. Keep your obscenities and inappropriate language to yourself. I prevented so that you can not edit the title ever again, let that be a warning to you.
Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa »

The got rid of the whole losing all your items when you die thing in the latest build. Everyone thought it was pretty unfair.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Ah that is great to know. I got to make sure to always check for client updates. If things continue to go well we can sooner or later get more and more people playing. Compared to the other fanmade MMO this one has a legit chance to go somewhere. Despite a few idiots like that person that hacked and pked players things are going well.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

zaseo wrote:Ah that is great to know. I got to make sure to always check for client updates. If things continue to go well we can sooner or later get more and more people playing. Compared to the other fanmade MMO this one has a legit chance to go somewhere. Despite a few idiots like that person that hacked and pked players things are going well.
That actually sounds kind of awesome, someone figured out PvP?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Kuukai wrote:
zaseo wrote:Ah that is great to know. I got to make sure to always check for client updates. If things continue to go well we can sooner or later get more and more people playing. Compared to the other fanmade MMO this one has a legit chance to go somewhere. Despite a few idiots like that person that hacked and pked players things are going well.
That actually sounds kind of awesome, someone figured out PvP?
Not with IMOQ style combat/game mechanics. Every class would basically kill each other way too fast. The other 5 classes would one or two hit kill a wavemaster if they got in close. The wavemaster would destroy the other with spells. Since spells hold you in place for awhile they could cast them from a distance. Twinblades have good enough magic were they could do the same thing as a wavemaster with spells. Not to mention they have very fast attack speed. Long Arms have ranged with their physical skills. Blademasters are fast, does a lot of damage. Heavyblades are slow but hit very hard. Same for Heavyaxeman and they are tanky.

It would take a huge revamp of the game for pvp to put in place.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/vbteaa2m ... /OBS_%2840
In this clip that someone uploaded one guy was being a bastard with a hacked character using summon spells to kill the others in his party. He could kill them even if he was dead.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well it's .hack. It's only fitting that someone is hacking. Luckily you can back up your memory card very easily.

How do you make the keyboard work?
Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa »

If you're on PC there should be a guide in the Fragment section of Coldbird's site but from what I hear it's buggy. If you're on a PS2 you just plug it in and go.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Kuukai wrote:Well it's .hack. It's only fitting that someone is hacking. Luckily you can back up your memory card very easily.

How do you make the keyboard work?
LOL I have a keyboard but haven't set it up yet. Seems you need some plugins and stuff to get it working but people say it the keyboard on emulator isn't working too well. It shall get fixed over time like a lot of things. The main reason for things being so buggy is because the emulator for Fragment is old.
TheKrempist

Post by TheKrempist »

Anyone playing on the ps2?

or know of a way to boot without buyin swapmagic?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I can run an Area Server but can't play at the same time. Wish I had a spare computer to run the server.
Stated before on random facts thread I made my characters around my party in IMOQ. Kite, Blackrose, and Mistral. On the second memory card later might make a Long Arm based on Gardenia.

Someone found out things like like colors effect elemental stats slightly, and how size and height effect stats of character. Bigger, taller for physical stuff. Smaller for magical stuff and they are a bit more evasive. Males barely have more physical and females barely have more magical.

Twin Blades are the most versatile of the classes. They are the fastest, have good body and mind/spirit resistant, decent def and magical def, good attack and magical attack and also has the most weapons of any class unless more were added in Fragment for the other classes.

Seems to also be a little more area servers around these days. To think this can actually be successful in the future.

Getting ambush by monsters roaming the field is VERY common. In fact you can often go to a random field and have monsters approach you a few seconds after warping to the area.

HP/SP comes from leveling up. I would say about half of many stats comes from leveling and the other half comes from equipment. At low levels though your stats come from equipment.

Hm maybe someone can stream fragment on twitch