Crimson VS Project (Any help welcomed!)

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Onytgvx

Crimson VS Project (Any help welcomed!)

Post by Onytgvx »

Hi guys.

Does anyone know of anyway I could get the card sprites from CrimsonVS from a .hack//G.U. ISO?
I'm trying to do a little project just for fun, and I'd like to somehow get the card images from out of the game. Is this possible?
Last edited by Onytgvx on Fri May 09, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onytgvx

Re: Crimson VS

Post by Onytgvx »

https://www.mediafire.com/?583b55owu3zaaf2

Y'all can download my super early sneak peak and get an idea of what I'm looking to do :) hope this is enough to spark some interest :P
Onytgvx

Re: Crimson VS

Post by Onytgvx »

Hmm, I guess being vague won't get me any help (serves me right)

Anyway I'll just go ahead and get it all out there (sorry mods for the triple post, I just would really love to go through and get help with this project).
I'm trying to re-create CrimsonVS using Construct 2. I've got a base down, and am slowly progressing on my own. But I need some help, especially in the graphics department. Anyone who can recreate the interface, or rip it from the game, or anything, I'd love to work with and get this project on the road.

I got a newer version of an early build here. You still can't edit your deck, but you can login (no password required, nor the name actually, but if you enter your name it'll show in the player info box :P) see some menu's and go into the deck edit and check the card stats (but can't change the cards, because so far I only have those 4)

https://www.mediafire.com/?8d73177uo5fmlp1

I'm looking to put in multiplayer and trading and real Leaderboards.

Any help would be super, and I'd love to get this out there so people could play CrimsonVS with eachother.

Also no, this has no lucrative ends. It's obviously going to be free since this is just a small project for fun AND it's not a work of my own.
Anyone interested in helping? Or at least interested enough they'd like to see it made?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Crimson VS Project (Any help welcomed!)

Post by TheSorrow »

Actually, i really wish i could help, as i really loved Crimson VS and i would LOVE to be able to play it outside of the game. But, i don't think i'd be able to help, at least not in extracting some graphics from a PS2 game 'XD Best i could do would be take screenshots of each one and crop them to proper size, wouldn't be practical but it'd sorta work D: lol

I'm really interested in helping, but i have no idea how i'd be able to help, and i've never worked on anything like this before. Or i dunno, it looks like Java but doesn't look like anything i've done on Java 'XD Maybe i could help on the Multiplayer part, but it'd only work on a LAN enviroment (connecting over the internet would require servers and shitz). And we need a functional game before we even think about adding online functions anyways D: lol

Still, this is a really awesome idea and you should really keep working on this. I'm sure any .Hack fan would enjoy this, even if they originally didn't like Crimson VS as much. It'd just be really awesome to see a little part of The World into our own XD You also have done a great job already with the interface, as simple as it is :3

And just because it's Crimson VS, i'll accept your apology about the triple-posting ;P lol
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

TheSorrow wrote:Maybe i could help on the Multiplayer part, but it'd only work on a LAN enviroment (connecting over the internet would require servers and shitz). And we need a functional game before we even think about adding online functions anyways D: lol
Weren't some guys in here making an online server with an old ps2 connected to a PC? I mean, getting a server can be hard, but we have more than enough real .Hackers in here, don't we? As for extracting the cards and such... You could(I dunno if this ACTUALLY works but oh well) Download the ISO, find the specific Crimson VS files, such as actions, sounds, and card images; they should be around those files... I have a program called UMD Gen that helps you compress and decompress iso files into cso files, and has an additional feature that lets you copy whatever you want from inside the iso, let it be the image, sound, or just files...

I hope that helped...
Onytgvx

Post by Onytgvx »

Well, at least I now know I have some people who'd like to see it go forward, once I have some more meat on the projects bones, I'll set up a Twitter or something to try to get some more attention to it :)

I'll try your suggestion, Kite :D thanks a bunch. I wanted to extract them from the game so it would save me a ton of time, last case scenerio I'll just run the game on an emulator and take screenshots of each of the cards, which if I do end up having to do, I'll look up some people to help me out :)
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

About the cards!! Isn't there any Card Database around the internet? I mean... Can you give me a list of all the cards seen until now? Separate them by their type and post them, if it isn't too much to ask... I'll do my best to find them... There should be a database around the web, just like //Guilty Dragon
Onytgvx

Post by Onytgvx »

The only databse I found was this (which will be extremely useful to me for the card info, but it doesn't include images.)

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson_VS_Cards
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

Hey, I was interested a while back in making a web version of the Crimson VS card game. I've tabled it in the mean time because the ruleset on the wikia is vague for certain cases. Have you fleshed out the correct rules of play? If so, I would be quite interested in seeing them so that I can get back to work on my own version of the game. :)

EDIT: As for Card sprites, I'll let you know if I find any. I have an acquaintance who may be of help in getting those.

-God Ginrai
NiuWang

Post by NiuWang »

I know this is a really late bump but did you drop it? I'm probably just gonna fill up my cardlist on GU starting from scratch since, I don't have my PS2 let alone my Memory Card anymore.