Runaway Jury

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

N3IWVC

Runaway Jury

Post by N3IWVC »

So, I saw this movie for the first time on television the other day. It's from 2003 and it's a pretty good movie. That aside, the main character works at a games store and in the movie his apartment gets searched.
It was at this time that I noticed this:
I know it's lame that I took the time to post about something so trivial but I was enthused when I saw it.
By the way, his iMac screensaver:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jsx6 ... 54s146.png
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Runaway Jury

Post by Kuukai »

A fascinating piece of .hack trivia!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

That's not lame at all, that's AWESOME!! O3O Great finding you just made!! 8D
I would've NEVER imagined to see any .Hack referrence (or actual .Hack images) in ANY movie, especially an american one since in this whole country almost no one really knows about this series XD Now i'm interested in watching that movie, just for this.
I wonder of CC2 and stuffz actually got some profit for this kind of advertisement...or it was just something random, like the director or whoever liked the series and felt like adding them instead of just some Mario or Tomb Raider or something >3>
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Well, I do feel like whether bandai paid for this or someone in production just liked the series, it had to have been something. It's definitely hinted at that our main character enjoys the series since there's a poster on his rooms door (it's the first thing he sees every time he walks in) a second poster on his wall and his screensaver is also of the series. All of this feels like too much to be coincidence that they just happened to acquire all these for this movie.