Death Battle Topic #1 - Kite vs. Kirito (SAO)

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Death Battle Topic #1 - Kite vs. Kirito (SAO)

Post by Kuukai »

AxisLight wrote:Kirito has no god mode
I'll admit I really only know what I've read about this show online, but that's because what I read really turned me off from watching it: "Kayaba reveals his administrator ID and password to Kirito, allowing him to access Heathcliff's account, which in terms of administrative power, overranked Oberon and allowed Kirito to easily defeat Oberon." So I'm not really sure why you're attacking people over it. Although it's generally not the best thing to do either way...
Giegue

Post by Giegue »

Kuukai, the instance your refering to wasn't in SAO but the game after. However, I'll tell you, that totally happened, and when you see it, it doesn't seem like cheating.
Candy Euphoria

Post by Candy Euphoria »

Oberon was a really terrible character. He played with people's lives for a project that potentially could have ended the world (mind control/alteration or something very similar), which he was trying to sell to military superpowers.

During the Kirito x Oberon final showdown, Oberon abused his administrator powers, wiped the floor with Kirito, and almost raped the heroine of the story.
That's when the whole Heathcliff thing came in. I was happy that Kirito defeated Oberon in that manner, because it had the whole "give him a taste of his own medicine" thing.
AxisLight

Post by AxisLight »

I truly loved the heathcliff fight because it was to truly equally matched opponents, fighting for thousands of lives, but there was a deeper level then that. At the end of SAO, and even after that, I knew Kirito just could not hate Kayaba, even though ti was his fault 4,000 people died, kirito still looked up to him in a way. Kayaba was a truly admirable character, however Oberon was a power hungry man who used the system to make him self a god. Kayaba love his world, he created it form a dream he had since he was young, Oberon however, he felt no love for the world. he just didn't care. He would never have lived up to kayabas legend, even if he had won.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

HKS_Nismo wrote:Kite would win. For one reason and one reason only. This:

Kite w/ Data Drain. FTW
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

AxisLight wrote:I truly loved the heathcliff fight because it was to truly equally matched opponents, fighting for thousands of lives, but there was a deeper level then that. At the end of SAO, and even after that, I knew Kirito just could not hate Kayaba, even though ti was his fault 4,000 people died, kirito still looked up to him in a way. Kayaba was a truly admirable character, however Oberon was a power hungry man who used the system to make him self a god. Kayaba love his world, he created it form a dream he had since he was young, Oberon however, he felt no love for the world. he just didn't care. He would never have lived up to kayabas legend, even if he had won.
^_^ I love how well you've put this and the amount of detail you covered Kirito and Kite in before, would take up too much space to "quote" that lol

I don't see .hack and SAO as the same thing, both focus on different aspects which make them hard to compare. I'm looking forward to the remaining boxsets being released along with the manga and light novels @.@

As for the Death Battle, you've really covered what I was going to say about locations of the fight,abilities and skill level. Well that and like the whole Goku Vs Superman neither would just randomly fight to the death for no good reason,its not in their nature.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Probably just my bias against SAO speaking, but I'd vote for Kite here.

After all, Data Drain > admin powers.