Face of Emma Wielant? [SPOILERTASTIC]

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Lindz

Re: Face of Emma Wielant? [SPOILERTASTIC]

Post by Lindz »

Ohh I get that everyone was some weird AI/Aura/World memory thing. I was meaning that if Zelkova was an AI, was the Zelkova in Link the same AI who'd continued to live on in The World those 2/3 years post-G.U.? Or if it was just a "memory" PC like the others.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Lindz wrote:Ohh I get that everyone was some weird AI/Aura/World memory thing. I was meaning that if Zelkova was an AI, was the Zelkova in Link the same AI who'd continued to live on in The World those 2/3 years post-G.U.? Or if it was just a "memory" PC like the others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBEClSg ... E9F03FAA52

My mistake. But the answer is no it doesn't seem so. Although I did't believe the Zelkova-Keyaki from 2020 A.D. was the same one that appeared during G.U. I did change my mind a few times. Unlike the other characters, Zelkova sets off that sort of alarm, he was able to board the Grand Whale in 2017 A.D. (Which is pretty epic if you think about it). Yet in spit of this, "that" Zelkova was from inside the Akasha Board itself. However after the end of the main story, Tokio unlocks Zelkova's the stone statue using the Time Data, he receives from somewhere. But we could reason, in order for him to be frozen by Brieler Rössle Zelkova had to be one of the Twilight Knights that were summoned or created (back and forth) by Aura in the first place which does make him one of the Memory PC taken from the Akasha Board. And yes it does record him as that. (And the only arguments I have against that are the fact that Cubia and Beast of Apocalypse also have their own stones...). However it's also not that simple. If each of the Knights are created from the PC Data on the Akasha Board. Then so should Zelkova. And if Zelkova is PC Data in the first place. And that data is stored in the Akashic Records. Then the Zelkova from 2020 that returns to the board later one could be the Original Character... I know that most of the Twilight Knights are the character's PC Data but I cannot really say that it isn't like comparing Skeith to Skeith Zero. (I also still have to figure out what happen at few other points though...)

Anyway back on track, yeah Zelkova is one of the Twilight Knights.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Lindz wrote:I find it hard to think of Zelkova as an AI. One of his idle dialogues in Mac Anu is along the lines of "I remember the time when I was a newbie starting out in this town.". I can't pretend to know how AI's think of themselves, and know that this series is known for really advanced ones, but that line really came off as something a real person/player would say. Was Zelkova in Link the "real" one? If so I guess that would cement him as an AI above any other source.
If I remember correctly he only appeared as a memory and as a Twilight Knight, which includes "fake" AIs as well as "fake" humans. He and Helba have a conversation as an F-Skit when Tokio finally understands their connection but his text is corrupted as he says it out loud. Seeing as he "grew" like a tree, I don't find that comment too surprising. He's certainly not talking about R:2 Mac Anu, considering he's old friends with just about everyone.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Damn I should visit the General section more often, I never noticed this thread.
This is awesome. Stuff like that is exactly the reason (or one of the three main reasons) why I love the .hack franchise so much. Even years later you'll still find new mind blowing stuff. I am not sure how I should feel about that right now though. It's great, but I want to know more about it now, especially since it was probably meant to play a bigger role at some point of future .hack installations. Now the chance for getting more .hack stuff is rather slim, but I guess all we can do is hope and wait till Bullet is done.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Kuukai wrote:
Lindz wrote:I find it hard to think of Zelkova as an AI. One of his idle dialogues in Mac Anu is along the lines of "I remember the time when I was a newbie starting out in this town.". I can't pretend to know how AI's think of themselves, and know that this series is known for really advanced ones, but that line really came off as something a real person/player would say. Was Zelkova in Link the "real" one? If so I guess that would cement him as an AI above any other source.
If I remember correctly he only appeared as a memory and as a Twilight Knight, which includes "fake" AIs as well as "fake" humans. He and Helba have a conversation as an F-Skit when Tokio finally understands their connection but his text is corrupted as he says it out loud. Seeing as he "grew" like a tree, I don't find that comment too surprising. He's certainly not talking about R:2 Mac Anu, considering he's old friends with just about everyone.
You know interestingly enough I was reading the novel a few weeks back and IIRC it turns out that the place where Ovan first meets Gabi and Zelkova in that era, was the original net-slum from R:1. There's also a hint that Gabi from the novels might be an AI or person whose gone on the deep in somehow lost himself within the game and that like Gabi (Novel) Zelkova is a resident of the place. I think Wiseman was also mentioned but that's moreso on the edge of my memory than anything else.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Although he acts strange, Gabi actually has an canon identity, he's a retired professor of cultural anthropology. .hack//G.U. and its associated fanbooks gave almost everyone a name, even original .hack characters (Haseo and Wiseman gave real names to characters who never had them), while playing frustratingly coy with Zelkova. Legacy seems intended to imply an answer.