What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

coslink

What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by coslink »

Hey everyone! I'd like to consider myself as a really hardcore collector when it comes to .hack//!
Over the years, I've collected both rare stuff and common stuff. I was wondering, what do you consider your most rarest piece? (or pieces ^^)
Personally, I consider my .hack// Archives_01 .hack// Archives_02 White and black my rarest stuff - as they were printed in limited quantities and expensive where ever you look for them!

What about you? have you picked up something rare that you consider IMPOSSIBLE to find on-line again? Did you happen to buy it really cheap before, and its going for big bucks nowadays!?

Let us know! ^_^
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by Kaori »

All I have is a LOTT manga.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

I guess the only thing I have I'd consider would be .hack//TheWorld Volume 1-3, .hack//GU TheWorld Voume's 6 & 8, .hack//TRILOGY NEWWORLDGUIDE; other than nothing I'd consider rare. But collectionwise I do have quite the selection and need to get back on it.
coslink

Post by coslink »

^ Oh wow!! I remember your video!!! ^_^
I was inspired by how you did it, I made my own!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OcVv030Izg&feature=plcp ^_^

Yeah The World magazines are pricey altogether and hard to buy on ebay for a cheap price! I had to bite my lip and buy all of them together to get it over with >3<
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Damn gurl you certainly have me beaten, doesn't mean I'm giving up on collecting the rest. You've certainly have almost everything on the checklist.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I don't know if it'd be consisdered rare really. I consider it hard to purchase some of the Japanese things, such as the .hack Encyclopedia and the .hack//Zero novel.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

These are all unique so I can't decide which one is rarer:
-Vintage 2005 CC2 employee-only t-shirt given to me by Hiroshi Matsuyama
-Original inked portrait of Midori drawn for me by Akira Mutsuki, the illustrator of .hack//CELL.
-Copies of .hack//CELL and .hack//Alcor signed by the artists.
-Koichi Mashimo's internal-use-only storyboards with director's notes and edits in pen for 2 .hack//Roots episode (Painful Forest is actually really cool, I think the other one was Pad and it wasn't as fun to read).
-Portrait of the Natsume lookalike from .hack//Quantum crudely drawn as a joke by her voiceactress

I also have the entire ARCHIVES collection, special edition (I'm in ARCHIVES_03), and I'm particularly fond of the Chibiguso plushy that came with the Japanese .hack//LotTB box. Inexplicably I have the .hack//Roots Japanese box. I contemplated buying a reraised cel from .hack//SIGN at the Tokyo Anime Fair but those are fake so I decided against it. I kind of regret it though, because they look awesome and are insanely rare. I have .hack//G.U.+ in German, which is interesting because the German Epitaph is different. I need to make a video of my .hack collection someday, it's probably worth more than my car (although that's not very much).
coslink

Post by coslink »

^Oh my god.

- I also have my original hack sign Sketche story boards of Sora
and another one of Tsukasa and Mimiru!

Question, How on EARTH did you get the Midori drawn by Akira Mutsuki?? and other rare signed stuff?!
Where did you get .hack// archives 03?
^_^ thankies
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Do you mean keys? The way the animation process collectibles work, there are extremely rough (sometimes it can devolve into stick figures) storyboard pamphlets that usually cover a whole episode, then there are keys that are the uncolored drawings by a studio artist used for a single frame of information, then there are inbetweens which are usually drawn in Korea and cover the gap between two keys, and there used to be cels which are a final painting based on a key which is then photographed onto film. Cels are no longer used because digital coloring is used instead, and has been since SIGN. But they do make something called reraised cels, which is a frame of digital animation replicated in cel form, usually in very limited quantities, to replicate the collectibility of owning a finished part of your favorite show. It sounds like you have keys or inbetweens, which is pretty cool because I haven't really seen any for SIGN. For appraising cels and keys, the basic rules are the same as Pokemon Snap: center of the frame, close, facing the camera, using a move, rarity, and more than one Pokemon in the picture.

It's funny, I went to the Suginami Animation Museum and I was instantly disappointed because the stuff they were exhibiting wasn't any different from the stuff in my shopping bag.

Sometimes I go to Comiket and I spend hours searching the CD for professional artists I want to meet. Usually only about 4 names I come up with end up being there. Then I go and if they're not busy I ask them for a sketch or an autograph. It's a common custom at Japanese conventions to give complimentary sketches if someone buys your work.

I like collecting stuff. I think the best thing I have is a full-sized Haro plush signed by Tomino.

ARCHIVES_03 I paid a ton for through a proxy, and had the CC2 Store ship it to them and had them forward it to me. I regret it because I was just in Japan and Kotobukiya in Akiba sells all of the books right there. But it was first print, so I guess there's that. I got the rest of the ARCHIVES I was missing and it added a lot weight to my luggage and cost a small fortune, but it was still a lot better than a proxy.

What I really want is the original .hack//Welcome to "The World" DVD they handed out at TGS 2002 ten years ago:

coslink

Post by coslink »

They are offically drawn from the Beetrain studio
So are these keys? - could you tell me how rare they are? ;3

You're so lucky to have gone to japan!!! Such an amazing experience it must have been!
You're still so lucky to have the 03 archive! I paid £100 for 01, 02white and 02 black altogether including shipping - so thats pretty good! - how about you?
Oh i've never seen that disc before! That looks so nice
It reminds me of the .hackers cd
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yup, those are keys. I think they're pretty rare, where did you get them?

£100 isn't that much for those three books, I spent more than that on 03.
coslink

Post by coslink »

- Ebay a long time ago! Got the Sora one for £15
And the Mimiru and Tsukasa one for £30
Also, I can't remember but who is the character behind Sora? >3< Haven't seen .Hack//Sign for ages!

Well I bought White and black for 50 each -
As for Trilogy_01, The seller described it as New and when I received it, it was damaged. I complained and would have settled for a partial refund, but the kind seller offered a full refund and to keep the book! 0-0 I was so thrilled. Sad that the seller missed out though- but its so important to describe items carefully. It isn't too damaged, just scuffed at the sides a little. But for such a rare/expensive book, it has too be top notch.

Yeh, i've seen Archives_-3 go for £180 - I gotta save up!
Are you actually in Archives!?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's a good question, I don't have analysis with me or I could probably check. All I can say is he's a super-minor extra, like all but two minor characters in SIGN.

That's a great deal! I should really bring things like that up more often, far too often things show up broken. However you did it, I'm impressed you got everything that cheaply!

Yup, I'm in Archives. I wrote a letter to Piroshi 10 years ago and they printed it. It was such a weird feeling realizing I was in there.
coslink

Post by coslink »

xD such an Honor! Is it printed in english then? Or did they translate the letter in japanese?
^_^ Very very jealous!

Theres very few extremely rare .hack// things. Oh there is an offical Haseo 3rd form statue out there which was released this year. Who knows how to get that! xD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They printed it - and Piroshi replied - in English. So it stands out. Also they (correctly) gave me a custom blond-guy icon.

There's a Mireille statue too that's super rare. Somewhat poetically.
The Anaconda

Post by The Anaconda »

probably the rarest thing I've got is the US in-store demo disc for Infection.

EDIT: my mistake, its the Quarrantine demo disc. no wonder I couldn't figure out last night while searching half asleep why I couldn't find the Infection disc and why there was mysteriously two copies of Quarrantine in that case :lol:
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@o@ I'm liking this topic,so many rare items mentioned lol .-. shame its hard to come across the statue of Flicker Haseo and Skieth,those looked amazing

Not sure what my overall rarest item is so will just name some :D

.hack//Versus hybrid pack "The World Edition" since well it is a special edition with i'm assuming limited stock ^.^ .hack//LINK Zettai Houi pack with all the extras and the promotional DVD with .hack/ Tales of Graces; .hack//LINK card case; .hack//Quantum USB bracelet; .hack//G.U. Special Edition box with Terminal Disc and Haseo figure; .hack//Archives 02 BLACK; .hack Blackrose bandai keychain; .hack//Sign hexagonal box with t-shirt,postcards,mini grunty plush and Infection demo; .hack//Quantum art book; .hack// Lovable Collection 2 Blackrose and Subaru; Several copies of .hack//G.U. novel 4 as its OoP; Limited Edtion .hack//Versus OST, Wouldn't really call them rare but since the TCG is discontinued i'll mention that i've got all the .hack//Enemy card sets (par several promos and whatnot); Since .hack//Link cards are apparently rare i'll add them to the list along with the .hack//Sign + The World TCG aswell, not completed them but not too many cards left to collect .-. evil random packs~ Image

:D If anyone has any LINK or Sign/The World cards they wish to trade please let me know~ If you haven't heard of them you can see most of the cards here minus 11 cards: http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/Scygoku/

On the way/waiting to be shipped is: .hack//G.U. USB, .hack Terminal Disc unopened, .hack//Welcome to "The World", .hack//LINK cards,Dothackers dvd, .hack// Makoto keychain,notebook and Clear File Set, .hack//Quarantine Helba shirt
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

...well. I'm shamed. ._.

All I really have is a Mimiru action figure.
coslink

Post by coslink »

Kuukai wrote: There's a Mireille statue too that's super rare. Somewhat poetically.
Mireille statuee!!? :O do you happen to have any pictures you've found of her? I would love to see what it looks like! ^_^
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yes, but I'd need to find the harddrive, it's apparently not on this computer.