Full-length Epitaph of the Twilight?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Full-length Epitaph of the Twilight?

Post by Kuukai »

Is there a full-length Epitaph? Does it have a single author or was it a team effort? These questions come up time and again but I always figured the answers would be uninteresting.

It turns out actually, according to .hack//Apocalypse, that it was all written by Kazunori Ito, the main writer for Project .hack. Not only that, he apparently wrote it long before .hack, before he was even a screenwriter. He wrote it while he was working as a production assistant and thought he'd never get the chance to use his story. He saw an opportunity while writing for .hack and incorporated it into the plot. This is something that, until sometime last year, even Hiroshi Matsuyama didn't know.

And right now, CC2 is compiling the biggest, most complete source of first-gen .hack behind-the-scenes information: the next .hack//Archive. We're never going to see an MMO, but it's possible, just possible, that one of the long-running wishes of the .hack fanbase will actually be granted and we'll get this thing. .hack//Epitaph of the Twilight covered the story, I know, but the original would still be fascinating to read...
_Tri-edge_

Re: Full-length Epitaph of the Twilight?

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Ahh. This is interesting information. Though, is there any indication on weither or not the complete Epitaph of Twilight will be showcased anytime soon?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

....What's .Hack//Apocalypse? c:
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Nope, all we know is with the new book they have the perfect opportunity.

And article in the new testament.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

On behalf of the fandom, I doth declare: Holy fukkin **** balls damn awesome.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Kuukai wrote:Is there a full-length Epitaph? Does it have a single author or was it a team effort? These questions come up time and again but I always figured the answers would be uninteresting.

It turns out actually, according to .hack//Apocalypse, that it was all written by Kazunori Ito, the main writer for Project .hack. Not only that, he apparently wrote it long before .hack, before he was even a screenwriter. He wrote it while he was working as a production assistant and thought he'd never get the chance to use his story. He saw an opportunity while writing for .hack and incorporated it into the plot. This is something that, until sometime last year, even Hiroshi Matsuyama didn't know.

And right now, CC2 is compiling the biggest, most complete source of first-gen .hack behind-the-scenes information: the next .hack//Archive. We're never going to see an MMO, but it's possible, just possible, that one of the long-running wishes of the .hack fanbase will actually be granted and we'll get this thing. .hack//Epitaph of the Twilight covered the story, I know, but the original would still be fascinating to read...
So basically Kazunori is the Emma of the world, just not dead and having something incomplete. Good though. Does it mention how many archives in all or is .hack the last one? I noticed they did something for trilogy so I don't what to expect. (Damn right the original would be an awesome read.)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

All we know is the one for the first series is "isn't split into volumes" like white/black, it's one thing. I imagine they'll backtrack ("foretrack"?) and do Link though...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

So whats happening again? We're actually gonna be able to read the complete Epitaph of Twilight?
ComfortablyNumb

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

Okay, that's cool.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Holy fukkin **** balls damn awe -- wait a minute.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I wanna see the full Epitaph...

I wonder why he wrote it? Just creative poetry?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Tolby wrote:Holy fukkin **** balls damn awe -- wait a minute.
i c wut u did thr
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

The way Captain Falcon says "YES!" comes to my mind. It is about time.

Full Epitaph Of The Twilight YES!!!!!!!!!