So what is the closest MMORPG that comes close to .hack?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Tack

So what is the closest MMORPG that comes close to .hack?

Post by Tack »

So has anyone come upon an MMORPG they comes closest to playing .hack?

And no that browser game doesn't count. :D
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: So what is the closest MMORPG that comes close to .hack?

Post by AuraTwilight »

All MMOs are pretty much the same.
hidora

Post by hidora »

AuraTwilight wrote:All MMOs are pretty much the same.
Some are even copies of others >_>
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Except for EVE Online.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

The only things I can think of that come close are WOW and Guild Wars, and thats just because of the custom ability of it.
Tack

Post by Tack »

Ratsu wrote:The only things I can think of that come close are WOW and Guild Wars, and thats just because of the custom ability of it.
I played Guild Wars and never got into it. I prefer .hack over all of them. Does that sound silly or pathetic? It's just... I like the system more, and it encourages leveling up and it's fun when you do it and it even let's you decide if you want to partner up or go at it alone. Oh and it's fast combat and so is leveling.

I guess what I'm saying is give me .hack any day.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Lots of us like White Knight Chronicles because it's kinda like that, but it's not a "massive" morpg. And I've wait for the second one, because it contains the first one, but has larger parties...
Manalink

Post by Manalink »

Fantasy Earth Zero [aka] F.E.Z. is a free to play fantasy mmo rpg style. This is the closest mmo game ,so far, I have found to be like .Hack// You should deffinitly check it out its mainly PVP but does have PvE and the music is great. also it is made by square enix. You'll get the good core feel of a .hack game ,i think, while playin. If you do play it I'd gladly help yuh out my PC name is [Texas] well one of em. [LINK REMOVED]
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Personally for me its White Knight Chronicles or Phantasy Star Online for the GC and Dreamcast. Great games with sum similarities to .hack
Tack

Post by Tack »

Manalink wrote:Fantasy Earth Zero [aka] F.E.Z. is a free to play fantasy mmo rpg style. This is the closest mmo game ,so far, I have found to be like .Hack// You should deffinitly check it out its mainly PVP but does have PvE and the music is great. also it is made by square enix. You'll get the good core feel of a .hack game ,i think, while playin. If you do play it I'd gladly help yuh out my PC name is [Texas] well one of em. [LINK REMOVED]
Link removed?
hidora

Post by hidora »

Tack wrote:
Manalink wrote:Fantasy Earth Zero [aka] F.E.Z. is a free to play fantasy mmo rpg style. This is the closest mmo game ,so far, I have found to be like .Hack// You should deffinitly check it out its mainly PVP but does have PvE and the music is great. also it is made by square enix. You'll get the good core feel of a .hack game ,i think, while playin. If you do play it I'd gladly help yuh out my PC name is [Texas] well one of em. [LINK REMOVED]
Link removed?
Probably removed by an admin/moderator or a filter from the forum itself.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

hidora wrote:
Tack wrote:
Link removed?
Probably removed by an admin/moderator or a filter from the forum itself.
Me >;3

It felt a little too much like advertising, so i removed it...even though this topic pretty much asks for it, but eh ~3~ If you're really interested in it, that was a link to the same page that comes after you search "Fantasy Earth Zero" on Google, the main site of that MMO.
Manalink

Post by Manalink »

Yeah. what he said ^^ my bad
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I play Runescape yet sadly it becoming a generic mmorpg. I like how you can choose your class yet you aren't restricted to it. It is like a multiweapon. I could go to Pvp being a warrior, archer, and mage with a few summons on the side.
Manalink

Post by Manalink »

Sorry but i feel the MMO has to be anime inspired. I really dont like the ruff and western look for MMO's. Plus i only play FREE mmorpgs. The only reason being .hack// is what opened the online gaming world to me, and ive been trying to find its exact copy. Still i know i'll nver find it... especially since i only play freetoplay games ^_^ I just downloaded [Florensia] Ima play a bit and tell you whats up.
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

Phantasy Star Online: http://www.pso-world.com/

Many who play it do so because of it's similar mechanics to .Hack...Or so they claim. I haven't gotten too much into myself, although do I have the DS game and I can see what they mean. It's worth checking out.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Kuukai wrote:Lots of us like White Knight Chronicles because it's kinda like that, but it's not a "massive" morpg. And I've wait for the second one, because it contains the first one, but has larger parties...
Does your character carry over? I pretty much abandon my character, but would like to continue to work on him if he transfers over. If they've talked about that yet.
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

Kuukai wrote:Lots of us like White Knight Chronicles because it's kinda like that, but it's not a "massive" morpg. And I've wait for the second one, because it contains the first one, but has larger parties...
Isn't it just like an ORPG? Where the main focus is the story mode, but you can team-up online with a few people to complete dungeons/quests.
Azure Kite

Post by Azure Kite »

M.U. online was pretty close in style and look in my opinion.

Pkers did pray on the innocent as well, it was quite frustrating to be killed by them.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I don't think i've played an Mmorpg that was anything like .hack// except maybe for the customizeing weapons and stuff.