Data Drain power

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

TheOKComputer13

Re: Data Drain power

Post by TheOKComputer13 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Back to the 'Data Drain is always the same code' thing...couldn't it have a variable in a coding equation somewhere that changes power based on the 'Heart Power' thing? Even if all Data Drains are by code exactly the same, that doesn't mean a variable will always produce the same outcome.

x + y = z

That can be nothing, and a hundred different things, all at once. It all depends what you put in as the value for each variable.
"Heart power" isn't something that doesn't exist on a programming level, though, so that's kind've pointless. Even still, it doesn't really matter. There's no way in hell we can test such an idea.
Well, remember, Harald Hoerwick already programmed quite a few odd things into his little part of the game that no one can get into. How do we know he didn't make a Heart Power variable for Data Drain? I know there's no way to test any of this, it's not like we have the contents of Harald's little black box program folder thing in front of us, but based on all the things we somewhat KNOW he programmed based on the Epitaph and stuff, I ask once more, how do we know he didn't come up with a variable for that?
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

How do we know that he did?
TheOKComputer13

Post by TheOKComputer13 »

Dengar wrote:How do we know that he did?
We can spend forever back and forthing 'How do we know he did?' and 'How do we know he didn't?', but that's not a very productive argument. I'm saying, go on the assumption that he did. That, in the event that things happened like they did, he had stuff planned to deal with it in the way it was dealt with, and Data Drain had a special variable like that.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

I'm saying, lets assume that he didn't, and that Data Drain always have the same effect. Kite never used it on a player, so can't confirm if it causes a coma. Haseo's Data Drain was always aimed at either the Avatar or the AIDA, with the exception of Kuhn, but he wasn't in control at the time.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We know that Harald Hoerwick designed Data Drain to bend to the will of it's user. Let's just leave it at that.
Tri-Xth

Post by Tri-Xth »

AuraTwilight wrote:We know that Harald Hoerwick designed Data Drain to bend to the will of it's user. Let's just leave it at that.

well Data Drain is more like hacking+admin powers
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Data Drain was never really something to have been made or created.

I doubt Harold created it, he was too obsessed with Morganna and Aura at the time. Why would he need Data Drain? Protect her? Shes a God >>;

I believe Morganna made it of her own choice, for her Epitaph servants.

Aura being technically Morganna's Child to take care of and nurture got her powers+God powers and made a .exe file in an item(book) and etc.

Okay, now lets rethink this.

First Games

Kite: Never Data Drained a Person.

Epitaphs: Data Drained Orca and etc and caused Comas

Kite: Data Drains Epitaphs and causes 'Protect Break' and makes it possible to hurt them.

Epitaphs: Well, they data drain you and your not in a Coma. Hurrah!

GU

Haseo: Data Drains infected AIDA people and causes no Coma, simply cures them.

Avatars: Skeith goes crazy, slashes Bourdeax and causes minor concussion.

Basically once more;

Haseo and Kite: They are people. They hold back their powers, thats why you never see Kite Performing Drain Heart other than being GU Kite. Haseo is the same.

Avatars/Epitaphs: They have no conscience that's worth noticing, they don't see human lives nor do they value them. If it's up to them it wouldn't matter if they killed/coma'd/anything to the person as long as they're commanded to.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

well Data Drain is more like hacking+admin powers
Right, plus the supernatural ability to telepathically attack humans.
Data Drain was never really something to have been made or created.

I doubt Harold created it, he was too obsessed with Morganna and Aura at the time. Why would he need Data Drain? Protect her? Shes a God >>;
Harald created both Data Drain and Cubia for Aura's benefit, so your logic doesn't hold.
I believe Morganna made it of her own choice, for her Epitaph servants.
Wronglulz.
Haseo: Data Drains infected AIDA people and causes no Coma, simply cures them.
He has put some people into short comas.
Avatars/Epitaphs: They have no conscience that's worth noticing, they don't see human lives nor do they value them. If it's up to them it wouldn't matter if they killed/coma'd/anything to the person as long as they're commanded to.
Well, that can be said for the Phases, but by the time they become Avatars, they do seem to have conscience and appreciation for humanity. Macha had that even farther back.
Jakal Of Twilight

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

I believe that every Data Drain...
EXCEPT FOR 1!!
Shugo's Data Drain. I find it stupid (no offense). He DDed that one guy and turned him into what? A Half Frog? Wow! Haseo didn't even DD Bourdeux in Vol.1, and she fell uncousious. Big difference.
Just look at this pic:Image
Look at me, I can shoot a beam!

Again, no offense to any Shugo fans..
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shugo never turned Komiyan into a half frog in the actual canon, so that can't be used as legitimate evidence.
shio

Post by shio »

yeah that was an add-in. btw high AT xD *huggle*