More .hack?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

AyaTheAngel

More .hack?

Post by AyaTheAngel »

Well i know .hack//GU ends after Volume 3, and I bet that the GU series did very well. Does that mean they'll have another .hack game series? What do you think? And what could be a possible plot?
silabus

Post by silabus »

they dont know ,de veras..but it going to be an OVA .hack//resurrection
TIB4M4N

Post by TIB4M4N »

Any idea when the OVA will be out? I've been hearing more and more about this its got my attention. But back to the question at hand im sure there will be other games but it will be hard to top G.U. when it comes to game play and plot. I guess everyone will have a better idea of whats to come after playing Vol 3 and seeing how everything ends.
silabus

Post by silabus »

ity's goig to come out when ......... really no date
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Next .hack game should have Kyero as the main char :D lol jk ... or am I?

anyways I seriously doubt they will stop making .hack games or animes any time soon.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Yeah, I bet there'll be more .hack to come, at least one more stint. If it makes money, I doubt Bandai will let it die.
TIB4M4N

Post by TIB4M4N »

silabus wrote:ity's goig to come out when ......... really no date
lol well thats to be expected I guess.
Kyero Fox wrote:Next .hack game should have Kyero as the main char Very Happy lol jk ... or am I?

anyways I seriously doubt they will stop making .hack games or animes any time soon.
I hope not because ive really gotten into the whole .Hack thing. would be a shame for it to end so soon.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Kyero for the new Main char!

Does this not look like Main character material? or atleast a sub main?

BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

Kyero Fox wrote:Next .hack game should have Kyero as the main char :D lol jk ... or am I?

Well then BadRubberPiggy would have to be the b@d@$$ end boss that says random things but can still pWn the hell out of anything that moves.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They've hinted on the CC2 site that there could be a new .hack product released in Japan as early as this Fall. It may be related to this teaser on their website: http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/new/index.html . Also, the manga are going to go on to fill in the blanks in the series: G.U.+ is continuing on to give an epilogue to G.U., and XXXX (or a spinoff) is going to tell the story of what happened to Piros's second character, Elk, and Mia, after the .hack games. You also have the novel retelling of G.U., and the OVA coming out (hopefully) by the end of June.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

Ooh how delightful! I really do want to see more .hack and GU+. :)
Darrcyphfeid

Post by Darrcyphfeid »

[Removed]
Last edited by Darrcyphfeid on Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

Dot hack will never die!!!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Darrcyphfeid wrote:
Kuukai wrote:It may be related to this teaser on their website: http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/new/index.html .
Bah, I really need to learn how to read Japanese. I don't suppose you have, or know where to find, a translation of that image?
http://www.dothackers.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=239937
hakubo

Post by hakubo »

Even though i don't want it to die I don't think there's much more they can do with it I mean the first games were about fighting the phases, then in GU they basicaly resurrected the phases and bringing them backa third time would just be annoying. If they do run out of ideas hopefully they will do what everyone (most everyone) wants them to and make an actual mmorpg like it
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Which I firmly believe would be lamer than like, 19 more sequels. It's not even the world's best single-player game, take away the narrative and what do you have? An incredibly repetitive game with the same monsters and areas over and over (in both revisions), where half the "Root Towns" couldn't even hold a conservative number of MMO players, and with gameplay focused only on battling, with no side systems to keep your interest. You could add and change stuff, but that wouldn't be "The World"...
hakubo

Post by hakubo »

even if it wasn't like the .hack we're used to it could still be fun, meeting friends, starting guilds, and they could leave the lost grounds in and put in like AI versions of famous characters like Aura and harold etc. that would make it kinda interesting especially if they hade like the decendants of fianna quests, that would be cool
hawthorneluke

Post by hawthorneluke »

lol i've always thought the same
the world mmo, as it is on its own, would be very boring
yet so many people fail to see that. they just seem to think .hack is great so a real the world would be amazing and stop thinking there :/
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Here's hoping for more!
newtti

Re: More .hack?

Post by newtti »

Now we are pretty near the end of june... the OVA when will be released?? Any news???