Its awful
7%

Total votes: 14

wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

IGPX

Post by wave killer »

Do you think its good or a waste of time? I think its okay but it could do some work.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Re: IGPX

Post by Cless »

wave killer wrote:Do you think its good or a waste of time? I think its okay but it could do some work.
I wouldn't say that. I love it even though it reminds me of Nascar. The music is good the action is awsome and the style is fantastic. I missed the final episode but I will see it again so other time. What are your thoughts dude?
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

I was skeptic at first, but this has definitley been worth my time. To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised if they made a video game out of this. If they did, i'd buy it easily.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Tonight was the final episod. I missed it so I have no idea if Team Satomi won or not again Team Belstine.
Oukatetsuiga23

Post by Oukatetsuiga23 »

It was? I dont really think so...It left off at Cunningham and Takashi about to face each other, in the air in the middle of the race, and they put a "to be continued". And plus I'm loving IGPX ^^
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

Cless, I think you just assumed that because the itile was 'the final battle'. But it looks like this will be very fun n_n
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Kaito Fujiwara wrote:Cless, I think you just assumed that because the itile was 'the final battle'. But it looks like this will be very fun n_n
Oops, I just saw the next preview but I can't wait. I wish they would continue with the series. The style used is good as well as the music. I love the music! Especially the ending theme.
Ritrox

Post by Ritrox »

I'z ok. It would be better If i had actually seen the first episode :cry:
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Ritrox wrote:I'z ok. It would be better If i had actually seen the first episode :cry:
The first episode was good. My only question is when it was on Toonami as a microseries what was the deal with the fighting, now it is a racing type. What's the deal?
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Cless wrote:
Ritrox wrote:I'z ok. It would be better If i had actually seen the first episode :cry:
The first episode was good. My only question is when it was on Toonami as a microseries what was the deal with the fighting, now it is a racing type. What's the deal?
I don't know. I've been wondering about that myself.
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

The way I see it, the original IGPX was an experiment, kind of like a pilot episode.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Kaito Fujiwara wrote:The way I see it, the origional IGPX was an experiment, kind of like a pilot episode.
Pilot episode. Please continue.

My intake of the micro series was that there were many different versions of the IGXP.
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

wellm, I pilot episode is when they show one episode of a show to a selected aduience, and depending on their response (what they thought of it) they would decide if they would do more episodes. In my opinion, doing a racing-style mech thing makes more sense, but it reminds me more of the actual Grand Prix than nascar.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

The animation is good... But the setting/storyline seems kind of Rollerball-ish... Only with super-fast mechs instead of rollerskates... >.>
Last edited by S1lentOp on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Kaito Fujiwara wrote:wellm, I pilot episode is when they show one episode of a show to a selected aduience, and depending on their response (what they thought of it) they would decide if they would do more episodes. In my opinion, doing a racing-style mech thing makes more sense, but it reminds me more of the actual Grand Prix than nascar.
Okay, thanks...

But If I remember right they at least showed a couple of episodes. Even though they were on for five minutes.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Well if you put all the five minute episodes together you may only get one.
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

that's my point, I treated all of them as one pilot episode.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Kaito Fujiwara wrote:that's my point, I treated all of them as one pilot episode.
I know, I was just saying.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Cless wrote:
Toonami originally did it as just a small special. When more funds were given to Toonami, they decided to create original content to air. They decided to remake it into a full blown anime. In the planning stages, they decided to remake it with racing being the focus because they felt that with a fighting theme it would be about the team with the best weapons rather than skill.
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

I think that IGPX is an ok show. It is interesting enough to watch, but I wouldn't buy it. I do have to say that even though I was skeptical at first about the mech racing aspect, that they did a good job. Plus, it does make the show more original. If they would have stuck with the pure mech fighting concept, it would have just turned out to basically be another G Gundam, or Zoids type show. So, I must congratulate them for not making just another fighting mech series.