Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Gatchaman Crowds

Post by Kaori »

From this:

To This:

The series takes place in the early summer of 2015 and is set in the city of Tachikawa, Japan. A "second metropolis" of Tokyo, Tachikawa is populated by people known as Gatchaman, who are warriors that fight in special reinforced suits that are powered by the manifestation of spiritual powers of living beings called NOTE. A council has recruited individuals that have latent powers to help fight alien criminals. In recent years, the council has appointed the Gatchaman Crew (G-Crew) to fight the mysterious entity known as MESS.
From Science Ninja arts to Kids with stationaries, I have no idea what I'm watching right now, but it's fun.
VirusCoreS

Re: Gatchaman Crowds

Post by VirusCoreS »

whoah? seriously?? no comment??
Gatchaman Crowds rocks dude!

I was never comfortable with air head blistering idiot that is too loud, so when the first time I see Hajime (heh, 'first time, 'hajime' lolz) I was taken a back. however, apparently, I should extract 'idiot' from previous statement. I don't know why, but I got feeling Hajime is, in contrast, a genius.

voice actors did a very great job! for everyone! especially Hajime, OD, and Berg-Katze. The way they speak never bored me :D

The story?? awesome! This is the first time I saw the implementation of 'badass passerby or badass background crowd'.

If you haven't watch it, I recommend to do so :D
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's really good, it makes sense that it's getting a second season. Like all Tatsunoko reimaginings, it's very different from the original.

This show differs from .hack dramatically in that while The World would make a terrible game, Galax should probably be real. Why the hell isn't Galax real? It's like Waze, but for life.

Also note that they barely use the notebooks as anything other than morphers outside of the beginning and end of the series... I mean, they all have smartphones, the magic notebook thing is like the weirdest addition to the premise...
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

maybe it's symbolic? that mankind should not rely on technology too much, especially the chosen ones?

and MESS.
I mean, what are they? where were they've gone after... that, only to show briefly in the end...
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think it's more the opposite, technology totally helps them out and brings people closer together. Like the unquestioned war against MESS, the notebooks are like some weird relic of an old way of thinking, or something.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

interesting interpretation...
to support that, the ending is both 'climax' and 'anticlimax' right?
this anime is push and pull in some aspect it's like saying, "Yes. er, no. Well, yeah but.." or it just me.

and  still don't understand what's the meaning of fighting MESS in the first place! I mean, they can came up with better thing to describe 'gatchaman exist to fight alien'-things than the brief MESS. i don't know, i expect some underlying relation to Katze or overall theme. but then again, maybe it just me...
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's why there's a second season.

The whole point of MESS was to set up the cliched superhero formula and then destroy it immediately by questioning all of it...
TheKrempist

Post by TheKrempist »

The clsoest thing we have to Galax is Yahoo answers... and people just troll all the time.
galax would be nice though.