Evangelion 3.33

Post by Kuukai »

Anyone see this?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Evangelion 3.33

Post by TheSorrow »

I have. I still can't fully comprehend WTF happened in it. It took an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT turn than i've ever seen in any other Evangelion media D8
And though it was still pretty awesome, i found it..."weaker" than the past 2. Evangelion 2.22 was a freaking MASTERPIECE, totally changed your perspective on certain characters, and the last scenes were pure epic beauty that had you bite whatever object was closest to you, limbs included. But then in this one, it's like they made certain changes completely irrelevant and added SO MANY things without any explanation, and you're left to either assume WTF happened, or wait for answers...which aren't ever delivered at least in 3.33 even though the movie is like 80% dialogue D:
I understand that the intention was to make you feel all confused and lost, to view the story exactly as Shinji is viewing it...but i'm not sure if that was a well-planned thing, or they just wanted to skip the story to a different setting without caring about giving details and answers D: I still enjoyed it alot, but it's all just so different and confusing that i can't really explain if i liked them or not, since i still don't understand what the hell they mean D8

And i could say more but that would actually involve me describing specific things in the movie. Very spoilery for sure o3o
Kite

Post by Kite »

Has it been dubbed yet? Saw 1.11 on Toonami but yet to see 2.22. I need to watch the whole series only seen a few episodes when younger.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I saw 1.11 when I was at a friend's house. I like the original series and I think one of the manga spin-offs.
Kite

Post by Kite »

http://itsacoaster.99k.org/adultswim/
Well looks like this is happening.