FLCL

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

lycorispeony

FLCL

Post by lycorispeony »

Has anyone watched this anime before? If so, what is your opinion on it? I'm debating about looking into it after I finish rewatching another series~
zerokoolpsx

Re: FLCL

Post by zerokoolpsx »

It's hilarious and recommended by many. It's about growing up. You're debating on whether to watch it or not? o_O JUST WATCH IT!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

after seeing the first episode... I stopped, it was already on the train to weird so I stopped.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What's not to like about this show? It's amazing. It's Gainax as hell. It cross-pollinated with Gunbuster, it's the closest thing to a spinoff of the Daicon OPs, etc... Even the dub is pretty good.

Also the art is by the same guy as .hack, and this show was instrumental to the creation of Blackrose. He's said that her design was based on a fusion of Haruko from FLCL and Nadia.
ImageImage
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

It's in my top 10 anime, and it's really the one that got me into anime.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Well... I never really in a sense watched it. I didn't watch much adult swim when I was in my teens, so I ended up missing the time it was airing. Though, from most reviewers it seems that if you don't like the soundtrack and random weirdness... Then you shouldn't bother watching it. I have nothing against it, but I'm in no mood to really watch it most of the time.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Well... I never really in a sense watched it. I didn't watch much adult swim when I was in my teens, so I ended up missing the time it was airing. Though, from most reviewers it seems that if you don't like the soundtrack and random weirdness... Then you shouldn't bother watching it. I have nothing against it, but I'm in no mood to really watch it most of the time.
Ugh, most reviewers only take those into account and never focus on it long enough to notice that the majority of dialog is metaphorical, and the entire thing is an allegory for the things going on in a kid's head as he experiences his first true love with an older woman.