the "I dislike this/these particular anime" thread

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

the "I dislike this/these particular anime" thread

Post by Kaori »

I'm making this so people will know what NOT to recommend you.

Okay, for me I hate the following:
bleach
naruto
one Piece
hitman reborn thingy
gray man something
Victory Gundam

Don't ever recommend any similar anime to me, ever, if you do then:

AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: the "I dislike this/these particular anime" thread

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Hmmm, does this mean we can also post our dislike/hate list too?

I see why you said most of them... although I've never watched hitman... errr may I ask a reason to not watch it?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

AZURE-KITE wrote:I see why you said most of them... although I've never watched hitman... errr may I ask a reason to not watch it?
I find it ridiculous, a baby teaching a guy to become a mafioso? No thanks, it's up to you if you want to watch it, just know I don't like it, the point of this thread is tell others what kinds of anime you don't like so they'll know what not to recommend.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Kaori wrote:I'm making this so people will know what NOT to recommend you.

Okay, for me I hate the following:
bleach
naruto
one Piece
hitman reborn thingy
gray man something
Victory Gundam

Don't ever recommend any similar anime to me, ever, if you do then:

So Shonen Jump...?

I happen to enjoy D. Gray Man and Reborn

I hate Blood+
I also hate most of Gundam. I dislike the fighting robot genre. Gurren Lagaan and Zoids are the exception. Code Geass didn't need mechs...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:So Shonen Jump...?

I hate Blood+
I also hate most of Gundam. I dislike the fighting robot genre. Gurren Lagaan and Zoids are the exception. Code Geass didn't need mechs...
G-Gundam? You just reminded me I also dislike Gurren Lagaan, too much testosterone, I also forgot to mention I also dislike shows like pokemon and beyblade, those shouldn't be even considered anime, they're more of commercials for toys.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Well hnmm.... I don't really -dislike- that much... err I haven't seen enough to talk but... SAO fills the spot. Why? I find it being too much of a copy...

Well you can say I dislike all -or at least most- of ridiculously long series who never get to any conclusion -One piece for example- Hmmm I also hate when an idea is overused: e.g.; A stupid guy who has incredible powers hidden and suddenly awakens them and starts to use them at his will, everything goes good and happy ending for all. Really I wanna see more realistic stuff: The guy's powerless? Let him be useless and die. Woo bad ending.

Or when the protagonist just saves everyone in a war like scenario, beats all bad guys and everyone lives hapily ever after .3. Same cheap old history. Well I just hate all copied/generic story.

On a side note. I've been looking lately into Naruto last mangas/episodes... I want hinata and sakura to die so much
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Kaori wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:So Shonen Jump...?

I hate Blood+
G-Gundam? You just reminded me I also dislike Gurren Lagaan, too much testosterone, I also forgot to mention I also dislike shows like pokemon and beyblade, those shouldn't be even considered anime, they're more of commercials for toys.
Pokemon wasn't a commercial for toys, more so for the games =P. I always saw Gundam to do so just as much as Beyblade and Zoids did.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:Pokemon wasn't a commercial for toys, more so for the games =P. I always saw Gundam to do so just as much as Beyblade and Zoids did.
its still doesn't change the fact that the show is getting, wait, is, stale and like I said, those shows are toy commercial's with bad storytelling as the most obvious sign.

EDIT: And stop typing in unicorn vomit.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Kaori wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:Pokemon wasn't a commercial for toys, more so for the games =P. I always saw Gundam to do so just as much as Beyblade and Zoids did.
its still doesn't change the fact that the show is getting, wait, is, stale and like I said, those shows are toy commercial's with bad storytelling as the most obvious sign.

EDIT: And stop typing in unicorn vomit.
Beyblade is over as far as I am concerned. Also I found Beyblade to have decent storytelling. I'm not saying it was the best, but it wasn't the worst I'd seen.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

The 2 worst anime I've ever seen:

Welcome to the NHK!
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

Both of those were so bad that I feel like anyone who rates them highly has no taste at all.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I wouldn't recommend these ones right now:

1. Madoka Magica - I particularly dislike Gen Urobochi, though I like certain characters in Fate Zero, so it's spared from total hate.

2. Sacred Seven - Stones. Enough said.

3. Naruto - After episode 80 my hope for the show died.

4. Shakugan no Shana FINAL - A waste of potential and far too many characters.

5. Angel Sanctuary - This is quite the abomination, and far worse than Madoka.

6. Darker than Black Season 2 - I really tried to like most of this anime. It really is rather unnecessary.

7. Kuroshitsuji 2 - A VERY pointless sequel.

8. SD Gundam - I'm sorry, but the only real worth to the anime was the Zaku Zaku hour.

That's about it for now I think.
Candy Euphoria

Post by Candy Euphoria »

If I wanted an overly realistic show, I wouldn't be watching anime.

I like manga/anime that:
1. Have amazing fight scenes.
2. Makes me laugh.
3. Gets my blood pumping.
5. I could watch over and over again, and not get bored of it.

Basically anything that's interesting!

I dislike manga/anime that:
1. Is too predictable.
2. Have alternate endings.
3. Boast of a unique story, but is uninteresting or is badly expressed/written.
4. Revolves around the main character's harem.

I don't find SAO a copy of .hack because even though they're based in similar worlds, both stories are very different from one another.
.hack has the more complicated story of the two and focuses more on the "great plot of things" (Morganna, Aura, Epitaphs etc.).
SAO, although simpler, puts a major focus on the fact that it's an MMORPG and how fun it would be in the player's shoes, which makes you relate to the characters more.

I like One Piece because you can take it seriously or not and still have fun watching it.
It has it's hilarious moments, if you like that silly stuff.
It also has its share of tearjerkers, usually at the end of an arc.
It also promotes shounen values (camaraderie, courage etc.) which leaves you with a better feeling after reading it.
After everything that has happened within the One Piece universe, you'll never know what to expect next, which for me, has been a major factor in keeping it interesting over the years that it has been running. Which I think is a great achievement that few manga/anime have reached.

Pokemon manga is better than the "anime" version, in my opinion.
The fights had more creativity, strategy, tact and realism.
The characters had better build up. Who would've thought Lt. Surge was secretly part of Team Rocket and had been smuggling Pokemon?
The main character, Red, actually grows as a person and as a trainer too.

I loved Gurren Lagann because it was ridiculous in a good way.
The fight scenes were awesome. The comedy was there. There were little times you would get bored with the show.
The tension just kept going "up" and "up" and "up." The only thing I didn't like about the anime was it's ending, which was definitely a "down!"
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Helbaworshipper wrote:1. Madoka Magica - I particularly dislike Gen Urobochi, though I like certain characters in Fate Zero, so it's spared from total hate.
I hated this until I was finally forced to finish it. I completely changed my mind. I still don't like the art style, but I like Gen Urobochi. For all the talk about originality, at least he has that...
Helbaworshipper wrote:2. Sacred Seven - Stones. Enough said.
That show was so awful. It's depressing because it had a lot of the makings of maybe a decent mutant hero anime but instead they really just aimed for mediocrity--and achieved it.

Here are some shows you should never watch:
•Mirage of Blaze - The cast all looks like the same one guy.
•Xenosaga the Animation - Pretty much the worst TV adaptation ever, except for...
•Sakura Taisen TV - The worst TV adaptation.

Personally there are some things I don't like, like Mary Sues, relying too much on moe, and repeated angry physical violence being thought of as hilarious (hello Zero no Tsukaima), but the above shows are abominations before god simply on the merit of how painful they are to watch. Dogs and cats are truly blessed not to be able to perceive these images as video.
Furie

Post by Furie »

If there is an anime I've seen and hated, it's been suppressed from my mind forever, because I can't really think of any.

Actually, I have a like/hate relationship with both Code Geass and Princess Tutu. They're both amusing in a terrible way. Code Geass' redeeming features are its animation and Lelouche. Ahiru is adorable, and I actually liked the idea behind Princess Tutu's story, but it was presented in a pretty ridiculous way. It was hard to watch all the way through.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Kuukai wrote:
Helbaworshipper wrote:1. Madoka Magica - I particularly dislike Gen Urobochi, though I like certain characters in Fate Zero, so it's spared from total hate.
I hated this until I was finally forced to finish it. I completely changed my mind. I still don't like the art style, but I like Gen Urobochi. For all the talk about originality, at least he has that...
Helbaworshipper wrote:2. Sacred Seven - Stones. Enough said.
That show was so awful. It's depressing because it had a lot of the makings of maybe a decent mutant hero anime but instead they really just aimed for mediocrity--and achieved it.

Here are some shows you should never watch:
•Mirage of Blaze - The cast all looks like the same one guy.
•Xenosaga the Animation - Pretty much the worst TV adaptation ever, except for...
•Sakura Taisen TV - The worst TV adaptation.

Personally there are some things I don't like, like Mary Sues, relying too much on moe, and repeated angry physical violence being thought of as hilarious (hello Zero no Tsukaima), but the above shows are abominations before god simply on the merit of how painful they are to watch. Dogs and cats are truly blessed not to be able to perceive these images as video.
Sad thing is, watching Madoka once was enough to make me dislike the show. I had to force myself to finish it and regretted it.
Onytgvx

Post by Onytgvx »

I don't like Naruto, at all.

The games are dope, but hate the show/characters.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

It's like I'm really on /a/
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

nobodyknows wrote:It's like I'm really on /a/
I once said that this forum was like 4chan, because of the way people act, the things they talk about, and the overall way everyone is towards each other or certain members. NO ONE believed me D:
Of course, this was also back when AuraTwilight and S1lent0p were active members. Things are quite different now, but still.

Anyways o3o
I don't really watch anime anymore, so it's not like i want recommendations or anything. But just to reply to this topic, i'll say that i HATE slice of life crap. The only one i watched was Lucky Star, and that was enough for me .-. It's STUPID and BORING, there's no plot and it's basicly just stalk the life of a few "moe" girls where NOTHING happens except the usual average thing of any girl in this world. I don't even felt right watching it D: And to think people LOVE them, ESPECIALLY guys...it's just creepy, i can't imagine why ANY guy would watch this except for fapping at the bathroom/beach scenes D8'
And speaking about that (lol), i also HATE ecchi harem. Another plotless genre created only for fap purposes, with a guy (usually dumb/naive/shy...easy to relate to any forever alone, i guess) surrounded by the sexiest of girls ever, where EVERYTHING happens, except sex. Basicly a hentai without hentai, which makes this sort of anime as meaningful as alcohol-free beer or electronic cigars. It's just pointless and annoying to watch, the characters are too ridiculous, and it's not even really funny, since most of the funny stuff is just ridiculous attempts to turn the "sex" part into comical stuff, which is just stupid. If i wanted to watch something like this, i'd just watch hentai, since AT LEAST that one delivers what it promises and doesn't tease you all the way through D8 And some hentai series even have unique and brilliant plots!! D8

Also, i think i'm part of the minority who really likes Naruto .3.
I HATE the fillers though, and Naruto has to be the series with the BIGGEST amount of pointless fillers EVER...i mean, there's over 300 episodes in Shippuden so far, and only about 80 of them are part of the manga's plot!! D8
But i love the series itself, the plot is actually very good and manages to bring things to a full circle without forgetting about its origins (except LOLOBITO, but even that one has been cleared with GREAT detail), there's PLENTY of character development, some battles are amazing, and though it's a shonen, it's actually a very good shonen and more serious and dark than the typical one where the hero always wins (have yet to see the ending though...but i believe Naruto won't be alive by the end).
And sure, it has lasted for a LONG time, with 600+ manga chapters and 500+ anime episodes, but that's not really a bad issue. If you were to turn EVERY PART of .Hack into ONE single manga/anime, it'd be way longer than Naruto, so complaining about its long story would be kinda hypocrital D: Having a long story with plenty of things to talk about isn't really bad...it's only bad when it's been ALOT of episodes/material and NOTHING changes...such like as a clear example: Pokemon. That one has probably reached the 1000 episodes already and EVERY season is basicly a loop of the main, undeveloped character getting into a new region, catching new Pokemon, making new friends, losing the championship, and then discarding all those friends and Pokemons and go to another region D8
And BTW, i hate Pokemon. Because it's not even an anime anymore, it's just a huge commercial for the games .-.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Yeah, the Pokemon anime never quite lived up to the games. Ash was certainly no Red in terms of skill. Lets not forget that after Generation 4 the new pokemon all looked terrible, like a bunch of Beanie Babies. But I appreciate remakes/updates like Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver.

And I agree with you on most of the other anime you mentioned.
Ecchi is pointless for me. The Nudity just distracts from the plot or fills time for the "lack" of plot.
Harem anime almost always has a bunch of girls fawning for some worthless guy. On occasion you get ones with decent men, like the Tenchi Muyo series and those related to it, but for the most part it's all terrible.
Slice of Life shows and MOE are practically synonymous. Both of which are major crap, but a few good ones sneak though like Toradora!, where good writing is often missed or skipped over because of the genre it's in.
Magical Girl anime are universally bad.

There's also one I tried to re-watch recently, Dragonaut The Resonance. Our main character is basically pointless, his entire function is to be a love interest for a side character without any real reason to be one, he has no skills, does nothing, and is a general annoyance. His family was killed in a shuttle accident when a Space Dragon accidentally collided with it during takeoff, then a few years later the dragon stalks him after transforming into a girl and the two fall in love. A private group of other people who have bonds with dragons get in the way of their romance and try to force the two to work for their organization, using only the most underhanded and immoral tactics while professing to be the good-guys the entire time. From there, EVERYTHING EVERY CHARACTER DOES CONTRADICTS EACH PRIOR ACTION THEY'VE TAKEN.
It's really in it's own genre. It had potential, but most hentai plots make more sense.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Erranty wrote:There's also one I tried to re-watch recently, Dragonaut The Resonance.
Honestly, I feel sorry for you.
It's one of the few shows I've watched that almost everyone who's seen it tells you to avoid like the plague.
iirc it's not even in 'so bad it's good' territory.