Yu-Gi-Oh!

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Kite

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Post by Kite »

Since thier seems to be a good intrest in yugioh on the Fact topic area why not move it out of their? 8D
Furie

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Post by Furie »

Well, I thought the first sets of the manga were pretty good. Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged still remains one of my favorite things to watch on the web. Otherwise, I, personally, don't have much interest in it. The card game didn't really interest me because I play Magic: The Gathering, though I don't trash talk it either like many MTG players do.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Good idea Kite!! 8D I tend to infest the Random Facts topic with Yugioh every few months. And there used to be a Yugioh topic here, where i even helped a couple of users with their decks, but eventually those members left and the topic went dead D: And i think i forgot to fix one of their decks too. lol

Anyways, i LOVE the Yugioh TCG. I've been playing it for about 10 years now, right now at a competitive level, going to several local tournaments and even a regional tournament about a month ago. I currently use a Mermail deck and a Malefic Anti-Meta deck, and i constantly buy new cards to improve my decks and strategies :3
And though i'm not a collector, i do keep ALOT of my old cards and sometimes buy cards just because i want to have them even if i'll never use them in a real deck. Almost all of the old cards i keep are because of nostalgic feelings though. lol

As of the series, i loved the original Yugioh of course, and i watched it all except for a few episodes of the Grand Prix arc thingy. I never watched GX except for the finale, because it's an EPIC duel between the main character of the first series and this happy silly dude that sees ghosts. And i've never watched 5D's either, even though i'm very interested in watching it now, as i've read and seen alot about it and it does seem quite cool, with dark, serious, and even realistic aspects (yes, realism in a world where people play card games on motorcycles. lol) that i hadn't seen in Yugioh since the first series. And i currently have no interest in watching Zexal, the cards and duels might look great but all the characters seem so childish and annoying, even in the way they're drawn D: (In 5D's they all look like badass adults, and they actually are, which is pretty cool too XD)
Never read the manga except for random pages where cool stuff happened.

And i hate the Yugioh Abridged Series now and i've stopped watching it ;c I used to LOVE it ALOT, and i had alot of respect for LittleKuriboh for his humor and creativity, but then he started OVERUSING memes and pop culture referrences to the point it was just like watching any average video blog (where Yugioh characters happened to be on screen), and he changed it from a funny parody of the Yugioh anime to his own kind of series where they fight against 4kids to avoid cancellation. And yeah i watched the video where he makes fun of trolls and critics but i'm actually not complaining that change is bad or he should've stayed the way he was in his first episodes. I complain that HIS change was bad and instead of keeping the series in a creative way, he was overcome by fame and popularity and he traded the creativity for internet trends just to keep his popularity D: I wouldn't be any surprised if his next video contained the Harlem Shake in some way .-.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I saw up to the beginning of the second part of the battle city tournament. I only saw pieces and sort of saw some of GX. As for the card game, I've never actually won in a duel and kind of preferred the art instead. I was watching the abridged series for awhile and sort of lost interest when memes took over.
Kite

Post by Kite »

That whole 4kids thing was a way to put plot in the filler I belive. But at the moment I watch other abridges more. 5Ds does seem better than GX. Have you seen the movie?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The movie that features Judai (GX), Yusei (5D's) and Yugi (...lol) together against some time-travelling dude? o3o Yeah, i watched it. It's more of a long episode than a full movie, but i really liked it. It's got some cool stuff, visually-speaking it's quite beautiful, the characters are displayed quite awesome, and is actually connected to 5D's canon storyline, so these events REALLY happen and they're VERY WELL explained and even Yusei is able to recall the events and talks about them in some 5D's episodes, which is pretty damn awesome and i like how they just didn't make this to be a random movie with a random villian and random crazy stuff that you could say it never really happened XD (like the one with the sphinxs). And in fact, it's this movie that made me interested in watching and reading about 5D's.
I also had a personal liking to the movie, as the evil guy in the movie uses the same kind of monsters i use in my Malefic Anti-Meta deck, the Malefic/Sin monsters ;P So it was cool watching them in very pretty graphics and performing cool attacks and all.