"Nyaruko" 2nd Season

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

"Nyaruko" 2nd Season

Post by Kaori »

An announcement appeared on the official website for the anime adaptation of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san stating that a second season has been green-lit. No additional information is known at this point.

The story of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san centers around Nyaruko, a formless Cthulhu-deity of chaos (Nyarlathotep) who can take on the shape of a seemingly ordinary silver-haired girl. Mahiro Yasaka is a normal high school boy who is being chased by a fearsome black alien one night, until Nyaruko saves him. She explains that the creatures from H. P. Lovecraft's works are actually races of aliens, and that she has been sent to Earth to protect him from being kidnapped by an alien trafficker. Eventually, Nyaruko and two other Lovecraft-creatures, Cthugha and Hastur, end up being freeloaders at Mahiro's place.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: "Nyaruko" 2nd Season

Post by Kuukai »

Am I the only one who thinks a crippling feature of this show is that it has as a recurring joke a man constantly beating up a woman? Sure she's wacky and irritating and a cthulhu alien or whatever, but that's just... not funny. What is this, 1950? It's hard to watch, even in spite of the esoteric mobile armor references. It's like the Honeymooners but onscreen or something. Otherwise it would be awesome, and I love the opening song and concept, but like I said it's painful to watch a dude beating up a chick and to think this is modern humor.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well japan does turn a LOT of things into girls though: Old Gods, Sherlock Holmes, Mobile Suits, Squids, Soda, Creepers, English Kings, boys, Joseph Stalin, Nazi's......
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I'm not complaining about the moefication at all, just the domestic violence.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:I'm not complaining about the moefication at all, just the domestic violence.
meh, I don't mind though, boys getting smacked around by girls is too mainstream, besides Nyaruko is technically a formless old god taking on the form of a girl.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

I just tend to avoid Moe things because the types of stories they're usually in don't really stimulate me, and I just can't see the whole cute thing from mostly generic looking Moeblobs.