Sword Art Online

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Dasha

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Dasha »

I really hate the harem aspect in this series. All the girls are "Kirito-kun, pls notice me!", they're so much into him that I find them pathetic. :/ This series has wayyy too many girls anyway, the male characters are so inferior in number unlike them.

Another thing I don't like is the same-face-syndrome. I know it's the art style but damn, they honestly all looks the same to me, just with different hair and outfit.

I somewhat liked the Hollow Fragment game and I might buy the Hollow Realization one (not the Lost Song game because it looks terrible), but I know for sure that I'm never watching the anime again.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i recently finished season 2. Honestly, it's like the first half gets my attention for both seasons, and then the second half slightly just disappoints. I do like the show overall though.
Smiling kindly

Post by Smiling kindly »

Dasha wrote:I really hate the harem aspect in this series. All the girls are "Kirito-kun, pls notice me!", they're so much into him that I find them pathetic. :/ This series has wayyy too many girls anyway, the male characters are so inferior in number unlike them.

Another thing I don't like is the same-face-syndrome. I know it's the art style but damn, they honestly all looks the same to me, just with different hair and outfit.

I somewhat liked the Hollow Fragment game and I might buy the Hollow Realization one (not the Lost Song game because it looks terrible), but I know for sure that I'm never watching the anime again.
Same for me honestly, I really enjoyed the series at first, but when the focus changed from surviving the world and finding a way out, to a bit of a rushed feeling harem kinda bugged me.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i recently finished season 2. Honestly, it's like the first half gets my attention for both seasons, and then the second half slightly just disappoints. I do like the show overall though.
Does that include the Mother's Rosario arc? ?_?

I'm just glad the series is getting both a US/UK release for season 2, though the UK could really learn to have proper Limited Editions. Sure they are pricey but they have plenty of content (CDs/artwork/cards/merch) to justify the price... usually. Though those FATE/ boxsets are crazy expensive due to Aniplex's sale's strategy >.< AMsot of the time all we get is "oh thanks for buying the LIMITED EDITION,now you have a box to hold all the dvds in" <-< ..thanks.

Though seems the SAO II Limited Edition's will come with booklets,CE packaging and ep 14.5, just hope that Anime Limited doesn't mess up the dvds so i'll need a refund again. How the heck did they even get the license when Manga had it before,then again they are partnered with them T-T

Post by Avatar_Crim »

if the mother rosario stuff was the last part of the second season with the girl, and i won't say more due to spoilers, then yes. I thought it was interesting, but not nearly as good as the first part with death gun and all that imo. Now, im not saying its bad, just that to me, to go something similar to the first half of the first season, to something way different, it kind of disappointed me. I would like for an entire season or something to be epic, not, half the season.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

So I watched Season 2 first, then Season 1, then Season 2 again.

Season 1 was not what I expected. Pacing is really bad, huge time skips, and the author really wanted Kirito to be the ultimate solo badass where all the girls fall for him. I just wanna face palm myself every time a girl throws herself at Kirito. I wouldn't mind a few role reversal every now and then. Animations for the first fight looks kinda look cheap but it gets better later on. I find it hard to believe that a solo player is more powerful than the leading group, but its anime. First 8 episodes cover roughly 2 years while the last 5 is about 2 weeks. Go figure.

I wished they moved the spotlight to others characters more frequently. I wanted to know more about Klein, Agil, Silica or Lisbeth. Agil and Klein are useless characters for a majority of season 1. First arc was bad. The ending of the first arc, Kirito has immense plot armor.  It would have been better if both Asuna and Kirito beat Heathcliff instead of the bs ending where Kirito somehow surpasses the system and death and does pretty much the impossible.

ALO Arc, what the hell. Oh, this is kinda creepy now.
The thing that bothered me the most was how did Kirito kept his dual wielding skill in ALO. It was labeled as ??? He only uses that skill twice in the whole arc.  Not sure how did Kirito get access to Kayaba Akihiko's account? More Deus Ex Machina?

The series was partially redeem due to season 2, Sinon's backstory, how they fleshed her out and I was cheering for them. I was emotionally invested in the duo and they're a formidable team. I'm more surprised sao survivors aren't suffering from anxiety attacks or PTSD. They gotta make the villain look cool and mysterious, I guess. Death Gun was definitely the highlight of the whole season.

Mother Rosario arc was above average. So glad they focused on Asuna instead of Kirito. I'm glad to see the relationship grow between Yuuki and Asuna. Too bad I didn't see the same camaraderie from Kirito with anyone else.

I can't really recommend the series as a whole overall. You're either gonna love it or hate it. I came in with low expectations and I was disappointed lol.
If you have to watch SAO, watch season 2.

I heard Log Horizon is much better. Time to check it out after this.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Eh, after watching all this, y'all need Konosuba.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kaori wrote:Eh, after watching all this, y'all need Konosuba.
:P Very accurate

@.@ Was up till 4am watching this just there,really hope the manga/light novels get licensed here.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

oh, konosuba was great.