Toonami is back XD

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Sadivinedevil

Toonami is back XD

Post by Sadivinedevil »

After 4 years the considered dead cartoon network block Toonami makes its comeback on Adult Swim for April 1st 2012. The lineup included Bleach, DBZ, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Blue Submarine no.6, Trigun, and Astro Boy, some of which were epic finales or second to last episodes. One common theme with this airing aside from making 20-30 year olds who watched the block throughout their childhood cry with joy was to advertise that the shows that were airing on this night are available for purchase. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have opened up Pandora's box with this announcement, even if it is an April fools joke, and fans of the old Toonami block are requesting that it makes a full comeback. All I know is that I won't be getting any sleep any time soon.

April Fools introduction for Toonami
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcEf0ZUcc7o
zerokoolpsx

Re: Toonami is back XD

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I was surprised at the schedule change. It still listed Durarara at 1am while obviously watching Gundam Wing on Time Warner. It's nostalgia watching DBZ and Outlaw Star. Maybe it's April Fools?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I wish it could stay back. That was nostalgia. I stay up all night just to watch Bleach, DBZ, Gundam, Outlaw Star, Big O, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, and so on. If it isn't back they are hardcore trolling us.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Tenchi Muyo intro "Hes got 99 problems and these **** are the main one" Priceless. But yeah, April Fools. Though at least this lets us know they know we miss it and the specifics of it. Since they played Broken Promises, and hiked up the language a bit.
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

Yeah I was watching last night, and I remember seeing posts from Steven Blum saying he'd love to be back and telling all the fans to message CN about it. Hell on CN's inquiry site, they have a section for Toonami. Just the fact Toonami was trending for 6 hours straight on Twitter at 5 in the morning should be more than enough publicity for CN to bring back Toonami.

I suppose the problems will be acquiring all of the old programming.....

LOL anyone notice how they advertised the Gundam Wing boxset? "Look for this series in stores now", kinda hard when Bandai is dead....
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I thought he said "Look for this series wherever you can find it". I remember him saying instores about some of the other ones like DBZ tho.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I shat myself out of surprise and excitement~

But this is a new low for CN, its bad enough to make all these shitty shows now(except for a few) but now they have to piss us off even more by actually doing something right, but as an April Fools joke?
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

I don't have Cable...

I can understand though, but I already have every great show Toonami ever played.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I just don't get why they're showing Bleach three times a night in the line up...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Helbaworshipper wrote:I just don't get why they're showing Bleach three times a night in the line up...
Adult Swim hates anime to begin with. And Bleach is basically the major one they have besides FMA: Brotherhood. Which is why they keep showing it and keep shoving all these filler arcs down our throats. Even though Tite Kubo already finished.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

He hasn't finished the final arc yet. Still, it's really annoying because I'm not a huge fan of Bleach. I guess I tend not to like a lot of the longer running shows, though DBZ was an exception.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of Bleach after Ichigo got his Bankai. Suddenly he's the most powerful person once he got it, instead of having to overcome insurmountable odds. And then there's the Visard thing...

Basically the show's only good to the end of them saving Rukia.

As fat as [AS] anime that were actually good I'd say Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka seveN, Big O, and Samurai Champloo were their best ones.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Erranty wrote:Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of Bleach after Ichigo got his Bankai. Suddenly he's the most powerful person once he got it, instead of having to overcome insurmountable odds. And then there's the Visard thing...

Basically the show's only good to the end of them saving Rukia.

As fat as [AS] anime that were actually good I'd say Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka seveN, Big O, and Samurai Champloo were their best ones.
You forgot Fooly Cooly.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Yeah, but that grew beyond [AS].
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I hope they bring new anime so that it can be expose to the main stream. The classics are great and I think they should show one or two but I feel they should focus more on bringing in new content.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

zaseo wrote:I hope they bring new anime so that it can be expose to the main stream. The classics are great and I think they should show one or two but I feel they should focus more on bringing in new content.
Darker than Black, Black Lagoon, Highschool of the Dead, Soul Eater, Casshern Sins... No wait, they can't, those are too violent and curse too much... Except for Soul Eater.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Erranty wrote:
zaseo wrote:I hope they bring new anime so that it can be expose to the main stream. The classics are great and I think they should show one or two but I feel they should focus more on bringing in new content.
Darker than Black, Black Lagoon, Highschool of the Dead, Soul Eater, Casshern Sins... No wait, they can't, those are too violent and curse too much... Except for Soul Eater.

And I think Darker than Black is on Funimation's own channel.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Erranty wrote:
This is why I'm not so excited for it, they'll just edit it like they did Gundam Wing, at least in GMA they only dubbed it in Tagalog yet their Lines were correct, I cant believe the change included the removal of blood, profanity, and the word "kill" being replaced with the word "destroy" (this was extended to Duo's nickname, "The God of Death", changed to "The Great Destroyer", even forcing the alteration of two episode titles), though the word "death" was mostly left intact.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kaori wrote:
Erranty wrote:
This is why I'm not so excited for it, they'll just edit it like they did Gundam Wing, at least in GMA they only dubbed it in Tagalog yet their Lines were correct, I cant believe the change included the removal of blood, profanity, and the word "kill" being replaced with the word "destroy" (this was extended to Duo's nickname, "The God of Death", changed to "The Great Destroyer", even forcing the alteration of two episode titles), though the word "death" was mostly left intact.
Bring back One Piece?