Gundam throughout the age's.....

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

kai the pkk
The Fang King

Re: Gundam throughout the age's.....

Post by kai the pkk »

Kaori wrote:well in the news.... Unicorn will be getting a PS3 game, AGE will get a psp game and ZZ will get dubbed in english.
For REAL?!?!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

kai the pkk wrote:
Kaori wrote:well in the news.... Unicorn will be getting a PS3 game, AGE will get a psp game and ZZ will get dubbed in english.
For REAL?!?!
yes, although the ZZ part I'm not so sure of, the blu-ray might or might not, and in the news SEED will be getting remastered, oh joy......
And Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin will be getting an anime adaption, who needs SEED now.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

I dont get of every series why would they choose Seed?!......
DarkRogueHaseo

Post by DarkRogueHaseo »

I will say I myself didn't like Seed or Destiny. My personal favorites were 8th MS Team,Gundam Wing,G Gundam and I'd say the original Mobile Suit Gundam. They dropped the ball on Seed and Destiny BADLY.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

too much crying in seed and destiny and exact same story except "Sequel" if you could call destiny that told from a different point of view doesnt make it a difference it sucked Wing should get a remaster
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Couldn't agree more. Wing was the best one I saw. And after just recently watching Unicorn, I'd still say Wing is better, but the artwork and fight scenes for Unicorn are tough to beat.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

NO! WING DOESNT NEED A REMAKE! AND NEITHER ENDLESS WALTZ! THATS RIGHT I DONT THINK THEY HAVE TO BE REMADE! YOU KNOW WHY?! YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?!  Because I want frozen teardrop to be turned into an anime.:)
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Okay they definatelly should do Frozen Tear drop its pretty cool that should be the next Gundam but a remaster would be sweet
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Remaster WITH a Frozen Teardrop OVA in the box set.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Erranty wrote:Remaster WITH a Frozen Teardrop OVA in the box set.
Sounds like an even better plan, honestly what kind of mook would waste their time for an HD SEED? At least the origin would be getting an anime and hopefully SEED will be buried and forgotten like those E.T games, honestly I dont want to hear kira wailing "ATHRUUUN!" all over again, I could only tolerate four characters out of all the cardboard cutout's there.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Kaori wrote:
Sounds like an even better plan, honestly what kind of mook would waste their time for an HD SEED? At least the origin would be getting an anime and hopefully SEED will be buried and forgotten like those E.T games, honestly I dont want to hear kira wailing "ATHRUUUN!" all over again, I could only tolerate four characters out of all the cardboard cutout's there.
Better than Gundam Wing where every character ('cept Quattre) who was an adult and not a Gundam Pilot had a fully developed personality, plot, goals, and understandable issues with their goals. The Gundam Pilots in Gundam Wing were kinda... bland, for the most part. Heero, Trowa and Wu Fei couldn't have been more static if they were the screen on a television.

Anyway, Gundam ZZ and Turn A Gundam both need to be released and dubbed, along with After War Gundam X. Those are the last three true bastions of unknown for the MAJOR plot lines of Gundam that haven't been released in the U.S. Hell, even the 08th MS Team got their own dubbed part. Although, I don't think whatever the hell Victory Gundam was in was ever dubbed either... strangely enough. I know 0083 Stardust Memories was, and I know that F91 was... I think. Not sure about F91, but maybe. *Shrugs*

But yes, mostly ZZ gundam, as it follows the events IMMEDIATELY after the end of Zeta Gundam. *Man Tears* And Zeta GUndam was AMAZING!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Zorolo wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Better than Gundam Wing where every character ('cept Quattre) who was an adult and not a Gundam Pilot had a fully developed personality, plot, goals, and understandable issues with their goals. The Gundam Pilots in Gundam Wing were kinda... bland, for the most part. Heero, Trowa and Wu Fei couldn't have been more static if they were the screen on a television.

Anyway, Gundam ZZ and Turn A Gundam both need to be released and dubbed, along with After War Gundam X. Those are the last three true bastions of unknown for the MAJOR plot lines of Gundam that haven't been released in the U.S. Hell, even the 08th MS Team got their own dubbed part. Although, I don't think whatever the hell Victory Gundam was in was ever dubbed either... strangely enough. I know 0083 Stardust Memories was, and I know that F91 was... I think. Not sure about F91, but maybe. *Shrugs*

But yes, mostly ZZ gundam, as it follows the events IMMEDIATELY after the end of Zeta Gundam. *Man Tears* And Zeta GUndam was AMAZING!
True, Zeta is amazing but ZZ.... It's kinda disappointing in the first parts but after Ple dies do things start getting serious.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

The Wing characters personalities were in their backstory. What else are you gonna do with a bunch of 14 year olds? They fit their roles perfectly. Hero Yui was fulfilling the dream of the REAL Hero Yui, but he had to do it using what he was capable of. Trowa Barton lost his memories, so you can't really expect the guy to have much. Wu Fei watched his entire clan get annihilated! Duo... Well, he was a little too mature for a 14 year old boy. He might've been a slum-kid and had to grop up the hard way (its been a while since I watched it so I don't remember much). And Quattre was a prince! He had responsibilities, so he had to grow up fast, and its because of this that his mind snapped later on, he never got to be a selfish kid like we all needed to be at some point in our lives.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

I can be fair to Duo: When Hildy is introduced, he does become a good character. And the characters in Zeta Zeta Gundam were the SAME AGE (except Rouex Luka, who's 17) and yet they've got TONS of personality. I mean, the Gundam Pilots in Gundam Wing Except Quatre and Duo were so incredibly bland it even made characters who had less development, like Noin, highly interesting in comparison. Or even Sally Po. @_@
Kaori wrote:True, Zeta is amazing but ZZ.... It's kinda disappointing in the first parts but after Ple dies do things start getting serious.
That's because the beginning of ZZ Gundam is kind of a reprise from the war and seriousness that Zeta ended on. After all, at the end of Zeta, all of the AEUG's aces were killed except Camille (who that fag Paptimus Scirroco put into a persistent vegetative state with his last blast of New-Type Power) and Fa Yuiry (who wasn't really a good pilot); so they needed to bring in new characters and make things less dark and grim... only to invert them again. But at least as far as I know, ZZ Gundams ending was slightly cheerier... before the even less happy ending of Char's Counterattack.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

After looking into it further, Gundam Wing actually already had a remaster back in 2002. It was only sold in Japan though, and it even had the English dub in the language options and included a remaster of Endless Waltz.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'm just wondering, does the hyaku shiki count as a gundam?
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Kaori wrote:I'm just wondering, does the hyaku shiki count as a gundam?
Yes, as do the Rick Dais. Both are made from a type of GUndanium, so that's being Gundam enough in and of itself. To be even more complicated, the Type 100 (Hyaku Shiki in Japanese) has a beam coating that's generally used for only mobile armors before the Hyaku SHiki. It was thought too costly to individually place on mobile suits, but due to the AEUG's deep pocketed investors, it became a reality. The beam coating is actually part of the reason the Type 100 is golden in color.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Zorolo wrote:
Kaori wrote:I'm just wondering, does the hyaku shiki count as a gundam?
Yes, as do the Rick Dais. Both are made from a type of GUndanium, so that's being Gundam enough in and of itself. To be even more complicated, the Type 100 (Hyaku Shiki in Japanese) has a beam coating that's generally used for only mobile armors before the Hyaku SHiki. It was thought too costly to individually place on mobile suits, but due to the AEUG's deep pocketed investors, it became a reality. The beam coating is actually part of the reason the Type 100 is golden in color.
I know all of that, but does it count as a gundam type? I mean in the Unicorn OVA they referred to the RX-0 as a gundam type, which led me to question if gundam is now a class of mobile suits rather than a specific mobile suit.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

I'm still saying yes, because it's a high mobility mobile suit. Also, the two eyes should be an indicator. :P After all, mook mobile suits only have one eye, duh. :p
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

the gamma gundam had one eye and it was still considered a gundam, the zeon gundam had only one eye as well.