Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Post by azureeagle »

Might be a lil late but whatever...so in October a new Kid-aimed Gundam Age will begin airing.
Thoughts?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Post by Kuukai »

It's everyone-aimed. The main character isn't even the youngest Gundam protagonist. Level-5 did an amazing job constructing the world and timeline of White Knight Chronicles and I have no doubt they can do the same with AGE. For crying out loud, there's a Hundred Year War. Main characters become parents and pass their legacy on to their children. How is that not epic? I'm hoping UE isn't aliens though, because that isn't very Gundam. I'm hoping they'll be more creative than that.
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

Personally I have low expectations for the series due to the kiddy-ish designs. However, they did say that it will appeal to Universal Century fans as well. If it does turn out to be interesting then whoopie. But if it turns out to be crap, then I wouldn't lose much due to my low expectations. Based on the trailers, it probably won't be as bad as people predict it to be. There are just some parts of it that seem too showy such as the AGE preparing its beam rifle.

If it turns out to be crap, I still have Unicorn and The Origin to fall back on.

PS: 00 already brought in the aliens. : /
Edit: Woops forgot spoiler tags.
Last edited by Kouen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Wait? Really? I never saw that far. That's horrible, it was even worse than I thought... Why would they need to do that?!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

They are NOT fighting aliens, their enemies are apparently abandoned Martian colonist's seeking revenge.
Last edited by Kaori on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Holy crap it's Nadesico. Sorta.

I probably shouldn't have kept checking up on this thread if I wanted to avoid spoilers, but that said you might want to put that in spoiler tags...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

on another note this isnt exactly kid oriented,  there's still dramatic death scenes and one moment that bears an eerie similiarity of Lalah Sune's death from Mobile suit Gundam's OYW.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The series is now on the 3rd arc and really starting to get interesting.....
 Asemu becomes a space pirate under the pseudonym captain ash ala Seabook Arno/Kincaido Nau of the crossbone vanguard space pirates, the Age-3 is pretty much Double Zeta with a car mode for one of its core fighters, Vagan forces have finally invaded earth ala Axis Neo Zeon.

On another note, the designs are soooo cuuute.